RMweb

Dapol announce O gauge GWR Toad

Dreadnought05

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Dreadnought05 said:

Is anyone at this event today? It looks like Dapol have flyers for a brake van(?) of some description but I can't make it out...

GWR toad - I'm going to guess at AA19 or 20

Edited by Hal Nail
having seen on a proper screen
  • Agree 2

• Dreadnought05 changed the title to Dapol announce O gauge GWR Toad

Curious, but I signed up for Dapol newsletters many moons ago, but have not seen any newsletters. Would have expected something like this to be in such a newsletter. Just in case I hadn't signed up I tried re-signing but it told me I was already signed up!

Ho-hum, I'll just have to keep watching their website instead.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

For me its a great shame that Dapol cannot get their act together regarding marketing their upcoming products to us the customers and, from what I have heard, to retailers. I have in the past collected Dapol leaflets from their stand at exhibitions and passed them on to my local model shop who, otherwise, would not have learnt about the firm's developments for several weeks. These days it should be simple. I for one am really excited by what is coming in O, I just now need to start putting the pounds away for the day that they arrive.

all the best

Godfrey

• Agree 1

On 26/09/2022 at 13:02, Hippel said:

Curious, but I signed up for Dapol newsletters many moons ago, but have not seen any newsletters. Would have expected something like this to be in such a newsletter. Just in case I hadn't signed up I tried re-signing but it told me I was already signed up!

Ho-hum, I'll just have to keep watching their website instead.

I have no idea if Dapol sends out newsletters (not signed up) but I have found my newsletters from other companies seem to often get caught in Google's spam filters so it may be worth periodically checking your spam/junk/etc folder.

• RMweb Premium

Tower Models have the leaflet up. They speak directly to manufacturers for updates so their dates tend to be reliable, eg they usually hear when things are on the water (and you can gauge the progress from the status of those ahead in the queue as well) and all the different news is in one place.

But admittedly in many cases you would only have 362 days warning for next years models.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 22/10/2022 at 17:11, Night Train said:

I would love to see the 6 wheel version offered.

Preproduction example visible in the photos I took yesterday at Kettering.

IMG_20230304_105917.jpg.4de1c7dd2d5b43ee8f71e883b58c55f9.jpg

IMG_20230304_105930.jpg.956608bb8d49e2a4e79fcb67f41a5b82.jpg

I suspect it will sell well for them.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

IMG_20230304_105917.jpg.4de1c7dd2d5b43ee8f71e883b58c55f9.jpg

I suspect it will sell well for them.

Interesting that they have managed the self contained buffers convincingly. Previous discussions (on the Minerva opens i think) suggested it's not a shape that lends itself to injection moulding!

My already limited enthusiasm for doing Parkside handrails is waning even more.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One thing I have noticed with these is both samples shown have J hanger type springs, which I think were ùsed up to the penultimate batch of AA15 (if anyone knows this would be handy as mine was in the final batch but I've not found any clear photos).

The CADs showed the other type of spring with the AA19 so I suspect as often with test models, these will change.

Edited by Hal Nail

No problem miss, these are just first shots and do not replicate production, our flyer states what we are producing and I can assure you they not only will have the correct spring hangers, but two types of axleboxes three different foot boars with supports, two buffer styles, full interior details with working cabin and verandah doors, and the AA 21 has the full vacuum brake gear with the vac. cylinder in the verandah in place of the seat, so embracing diagrams AA15, AA19, AA20 and AA21 totalling over a thousand brake vans

Richard

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Has anyone heard any hint of when the toads will be arriving?

I guess they're hibernating at the moment so hopefully in the spring 🐸😉

Cheers,

Paul

You’d get more of a response from Mystic Meg than Dapol.

• Funny 2

• 2 months later...