Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Which Models would you wish from Dapol?

Stefen1988

• RMweb Gold

On the plus side I had a chat to one of the guys staffing the stand at Warley and he said that the Super Voyager is waiting for a production slot. I didn't ask for a shipping date and he wisely didn't offer one but sometime next year is my guess. He's also trying to push for an Avanti livery but we have the swirl for Virgin/EMR which will match my HST.

Sadly no-one could tell me how to remove the body from my GWR pannier but Steve advised me of the likely cause of her woes which is something.

• RMweb Gold
On 16/11/2022 at 16:24, NCB said:

Strange how mention of TT sparks outrage. It makes sense. Dapol

and Bachmann have more experience of making quality models in small scales than Hornby. They' ve already have done the research for the sort of models which would sell well. 00 in a sense is stagnating. Hornby and  Peco are committed to providing a good track range. If narrow  gauge can succeed  so can TT.

Quite simple.

Everybody else is quite happy to see Hornby bet the farm on TT:120 and, maybe four years down the road, assuming Hornby's gamble has paid off, will be able to join the party with little risk to themselves.

If it hasn't, they'll all have one less competitor (or a severely weakened one) to deal with in OO.

A cynical way to look at it? Definitely.

A prudent strategy to adopt? Even more definitely. 

These are businesses we are talking about, not a scale/gauge enthusiast society.

John

• Like 3

I’d be quite happy if Dapol got the tablet catcher fitted Class 21s out. Oh, and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if an exploded drawing of the class  21/29 was made available so it would be easier to service.

Cheers,

David

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Diagram N auto trailer in 00.  I know I’ve asked for this before, but a panelled trailer consistently comes in high in the Wishlist Poll, and must be considered low-hanging fruit by current standards.  An A10 would suit me just as well, but all Dap would have to do for the N would be to put the Lionheart model through a shrink ray…

• Agree 1

Just my two-penn'orth

For O Gauge (as that's my scale), and I already have the Dapol 08, Class 122, and lots of wagons -

Another vote for the Class 22 in 7mm, as it would suit my location and period (although I hated them at the time, and I think everybody else hated them as well - funny how distance lends enchantment to the view).

And for a small branch line steam locomotive, why not the Ivatt Class 2, 2-6-2 tank? These were a jolly handy little engine which would make a refreshing change from the wonderful but boring GWR 45xx tank. And in the early 1960s they turned up all over the place - I had trips behind them from Wadebridge to Bodmin (North), on the Callington branch from Bere Alston, from Halwill Junction to Torrington, and on the old S&D from Highbridge to Evercreech Junction. They were well liked by their crews and were free-steaming modern little engines with a comfortable cab and a smooth ride. Which you would appreciate if you had ever spent much time on a pannier tank.

John

• Like 3

Driving Trailers for the Class 121/122 would be a good gap filler (whilst a revised chassis for the 121/122 would be welcome and surely straightforward - just needs a single robust driveshaft). 

The final few mogul 93xx/73xx would be another good gap filler.

Someone is going to do the Class 120 in 00 eventually and it would fit well with Dapol's other products.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Another run of Blue /Grey class 122 would be good in oo.

This basic livery has only been done once and had the “tear drop” of yellow paint on the end.

class 88 and class 73/9.

Dapols been good with smaller tanks… Hudswell Clarke Canal Tank from the MSC would be good.

As would an LMS kitson 0-4-0ST…

and to think BR Built some of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMS_Kitson_0-4-0ST

managed a range between Swansea, Derby, Birkenhead and Preston.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

TBH, a lot more sensible than wasting a load of drawing office time and talent designing a handful of new locos to do a job the older ones performed perfectly adequately. 

Similar wise counsel prevailed "up north" with the BR-built batch of J72s.

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

TBH, a lot more sensible than wasting a load of drawing office time and talent designing a handful of new locos to do a job the older ones performed perfectly adequately. 

Similar wise counsel prevailed "up north" with the BR-built batch of J72s.

John

True, but whats interesting is BR taking over a private sector design.

Though if they copied it, they definitely made the 2nd batch “version 2”… they have more than “a few” modifications.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Another run of Blue /Grey class 122 would be good in oo.

This basic livery has only been done once and had the “tear drop” of yellow paint on the end.

class 88 and class 73/9.

Dapols been good with smaller tanks… Hudswell Clarke Canal Tank from the MSC would be good.

The Class 122 / 121 is a nice model but they need to solve the driveshaft problem, because even the replacements that are available also fail🥴

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, letterspider said:

The Class 122 / 121 is a nice model but they need to solve the driveshaft problem, because even the replacements that are available also fail🥴

Mine are fine, I just took one out. Improves performance no end.

• Informative/Useful 2

I meant to add, as well as the N Gauge Class 156 in Provincial Sprinter/Super Sprinter

livery (Pretty please 🙏) an N Gauge Mark 3 DVT would be great in Intercity livery too...

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 1977joey