Which Models would you wish from Dapol?

Stefen1988

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

I don't think I've come across that site before. That's certainly got a good collection although strangely some aren't available in N (but most are).

Thanks.

My humble request is an updated 1400/4800 in N.   The original Dapol tooling can still be had second-hand.   They seem to be dropping like flies in running.   Mine died a couple of years ago, just after the last run had dried up. 

I could also see doing a new version would allow for a 517 to be produced, using similar techniques that were used for 5700/8750 differences.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

I would love to see them produce a Class 59 in 00.

Err, they are doing a Class 59 in OO although there is some debate going on in the dedicated thread regarding a very lengthy gestation period and some obvious errors...

• RMweb Premium

Ah, go on then...

4mm:

LSWR/SR/BR G6 please, I always thought the B4 was an odd choice (so obviously I had to buy one).

LSWR/SR/BR Ironclads, Inc the Pull-Push sets.

SECR Long 10 in various flavours would also be lovely jubbly.

Thank you and good night 👍

Edited by Tim Dubya
gin
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/10/2022 at 19:44, John M Upton said:

Err, they are doing a Class 59 in OO although there is some debate going on in the dedicated thread regarding a very lengthy gestation period and some obvious errors...

That’s the joke…

In terms of obvious things I’d be keen to see; an 88, and the MRA wagons shrunk to N would be nice. 

• RMweb Premium
On 17/10/2022 at 19:14, R. Knowles said:

Posted this on another thread. From the album section on this page. How about some of these? :) 

Hi

Although I would like some in N I doubt they would do these. Only 17 built and a limited route between Immingham and Anglesey.

Cheers

Paul

I would love to know if there is another run of OO Terriers on the way with Rails of Sheffield. I have never actually asked whilst in the shop as I assume that if there are plans, they will be announced in good time!

I'd put in pre-orders straight away for Bluebell's terriers in preserved liveries if announced, and whilst I have only purchased the Dapol/Rails terriers and would prefer to keep it that way, if the competition got there first, I would probably have my head turned!

-A1x condition No.55 Stepney in IEG

-A1 condition No.672 Fenchurch, preferably in umber, but I'd also be happy with IEG as it is about to appear in reality.

Brighton Works in IEG would be great too.

I've been really pleased with my recent Dapol locos. 2 Terriers, D class, B4, Mogul and Manor, all excellent.

Edited by Torn-on-the-platform
  • Like 3

On 07/10/2022 at 16:13, F-UnitMad said:

O Scale Class 22, please - and hurry up about it!! 😉😝🤣🤣🤣

The Dapol N & OO Class 22s are highly esteemed models. O Scale seems a no-brainer  - it's a big gap in the market.

Edit:- And the LMS/BR 20ton Brake Van in O Scale as well please. 🙂

Bump!!! 😁😁😁

• Like 1

Another vote for a class 22 in O gauge pretty please, its the only gap in the ranks of O gauge hydraulics-except for its big brother the D600s which may not be as useful for these (often) small O gauge layouts. The 22 is a very short loco and perfect for micros and shunting plank/Inglenook type layouts. Come on Dapol before Heljan beats you to it!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, paulbb said:

The 22 is a very short loco and perfect for micros and shunting plank/Inglenook type layouts. Come on Dapol before Heljan beats you to it!

And if Heljan did it we just know there'd be some detail error, that would spoil it enough for those who care - like most of their diesels. 🙄🙄

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

29 in N Scale is an obvious gap that they could fill, trouble is RevolutioN (I think) did do a EOI exercise and surprisingly, not enough people bit so I reckon sadly it is a non runner.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

29 in N Scale is an obvious gap that they could fill, trouble is RevolutioN (I think) did do a EOI exercise and surprisingly, not enough people bit so I reckon sadly it is a non runner.

Agreed on the first point.

however on the second point, in fairness, at the time Revolution were still an unknown quantity. I don’t think they’d delivered anything at that point and their funding method at the time (crowdfunding) was a very novel method at the time which, to my mind, were big factors in the result of eoi.

on the back of the 28, which I understand is not selling badly, I wouldn’t mind Rapido producing a 21/29. 

that said, if Dapol could be relied on to produce it to the standard of their N 22, I’d happily take 4-6 off of their hands instead. 

Best

Scott. 

Edited by scottystitch
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/10/2022 at 21:40, R. Knowles said:

Suggested this to another manufacturer in another thread but maybe a range of TTA/TTB/TUA tankers (either chemicals or petroleum).

As well as other related types in either in the four-wheeled or larger bogie variety.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/privateownerchemicaltank

Initially for 00 but I imagine those modelling in N or O would be interested too!

TUAs already in production from Revolution in OO exclusively available from Rainbow Railways. 

cheers Mike

• Like 1

Ivatt class 2 in tank or tender flavors in o gauge. A nice 0-6-0 like a Midland 3f would be very nice too. They only had like a thousand of them....