Which Models would you wish from Dapol?

Stefen1988

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, steve1023 said:

Hi Adam. Sorry if I have possibly missed this somewhere, but are you able to say when the next run of class 33 will arrive. They were announced ages ago…..

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

We are now looking at Q2/Q3 2024 for these to arrive. Frustrating, I know (especially as I need a few).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, nickb4141 said:

Another vote for a Class 185 DMU! It seems to be getting requested as much as the Class 120 DMU has for the last few years, but strangely none of the manufacturers seem to have picked up on either…yet!

120 has been picked up in n gauge by revolution.

On 08/12/2023 at 20:37, Andy_C said:

Any chance of an LMS junction signal in N Gauge, Dapol??? It’s not all about SR and GWR….

Just thought I'd chuck this in again :-)

Especially as I currently have at least 9 of their home LMS signals in use. A couple of home junction ones would be very useful.

19 hours ago, Kris said:

120 has been picked up in n gauge by revolution.

Yes, but frustratingly, not in 00! They seem to be under the impression that another manufacturer is looking at it in 00, but whether this is true or just ‘Chinese Whispers’ , who knows?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, nickb4141 said:

Yes, but frustratingly, not in 00! They seem to be under the impression that another manufacturer is looking at it in 00, but whether this is true or just ‘Chinese Whispers’ , who knows?

I just hope somebody is.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, locoholic said:

GWR 517 and Metro tanks, to pull all the lovely GWR coaches that are/will soon be available.

Both classes were fitted with auto gear, and would be ideal partners for the Diagram N trailer in all but BR maroon livery.  Fair Rosamund would be very popular, as indeed she was said to be in Henry II's time... 

31 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

just hope somebody is.....

120s, like the 517s & Metros, are among a category of Johnster wishlist subjects that I do not intend to ever buy should they be produced, having no need for either at Cwmdimbath, not allox TDU.  But I do think that they would be popular, sell well, and enhance the hobby; a 120 is a core essential for the very popular WR steam/diesel changeover period and they got about a bit in blue/grey days as well.  They should  be produced by someone.  So should both types of Counties, 3150s, Austin 7s, Taff As, Rhymney Rs, a current standards LMS 2P, and loads more.

But I want an 1854 or 2721 half-cab pannier first, and an A10 auto-trailer, and a...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, letterspider said:

I have been voting fruitlessly for a Class 88 for 3 or 4 years...

The tree is fruiting! I’ve changed my signature from, “Who will produce a Class 88?” to something else. Before the Class 88, I was asking for 10800, so perhaps there’s hope for my current choice.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Lord Flashheart said:

I know there a minefield of variants but a class 04 would be good,plenty of livery options,BR and industrial so would appeal to a lot of modellers,and to me Dapol do seem good at the small locos.

Rob 

Already don by Farish in N and Bachmann in OO so would be totally unnecessary duplication.  An 06 on the other hand is only represented by that toy like thing Hornby have been churning out for decades in OO an nothing in N at all.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Already don by Farish in N and Bachmann in OO so would be totally unnecessary duplication.  An 06 on the other hand is only represented by that toy like thing Hornby have been churning out for decades in OO an nothing in N at all.

But, unlike their O3, Bachmann have previously ruled out a retool for their O4, which is in dire need of a 21st century mechanism.

Rapido made a statement of intent, but then changed their mind.

John

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

But, unlike their O3, Bachmann have previously ruled out a retool for their O4, which is in dire need of a 21st century mechanism.

Rapido made a statement of intent, but then changed their mind.

John

Exactly why I suggested it,o gauge would be very useful aswell. 

Rob

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Lord Flashheart said:

Exactly why I suggested it,o gauge would be very useful aswell. 

Rob

But the 03 and 04 have already been done in O gauge by Heljan, and are still fairly easily available online. And before that were available from Bachmann Brassworks and they come up on ebay from time to time.

Better to make something new rather than duplicating other recent models!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, there is too much clamoring from certain overly vocal sections of the hobby (usually via social media) for retooling anything that hasn't had a newly tooled version in the last half an hour which quite frankly pees me off somewhat!!  I roll my eyes upwards every time Bachmann announce yet another retool of their OO Class 37 for example.

The only recent model that does need a retool is the N scale Class 50, the thing Dapol put out just looks wrong (all be it miles better than the old Farish thing) but still a no sale from me until they try again and get it right this time.

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2024 at 10:54, Mallard60022 said:

Upgraded range of LMS/BRMR Coaches in OO.

Hawksworth County (just in case anyone's forgotten from many many pages ago).

Phil

Saint before County......................❤️

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

But the 03 and 04 have already been done in O gauge by Heljan, and are still fairly easily available online. And before that were available from Bachmann Brassworks and they come up on ebay from time to time.

Better to make something new rather than duplicating other recent models!

I don't think that Heljan have made an 04 in 0 gauge. They've made an 03 and an 05, but not an 04.

Thanks

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1