Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Goes Bananas! SR D1478 and D1479 Diagram Banana Vans in OO/4mm

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Unzipped my Bananas today (Those of a 'certain age' will get that silly quip...maybe).

Good grief they are superbly detailed with an really clever use of light distressing; BR pre 1961 pack.

This be my TMC order (thought it was one wagon but it's one pack..doh!)

Just seen my order from Accurascale themselves for TWO sets has just been dispatched! I'd forgotten that of course. means I have 9 now; blimey!

I know the Box is rather large and the internal packaging well suited, including the clever wrapping, and it's almost Bombproof, but I can't quite cope with the size! I've got about 60 years of trad Box sizitits you see. I shall have to start building a Loft Extension to accommodate the new wave of Box Sizes from the new gangs.

I shall now have 3 Boxes of Bananas.

Beautiful and superbly crafted Models Chaps from Accura; thank you.

Phil  

Edited by Mallard60022
Idiot comments.
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

Are you sure you're not a robot? :)

Joking aside, thats something on the shopify platform Side - so I'd recommend trying a difference device or web browser?

Well,perseverance has its rewards after multiple barred gateways courtesy of those inane picture puzzles which tbh are a totally unnecessary disincentive for completing a purchase ( 30 + pieces of asinine nonsense  negotiated ) .

With discount & reward points applied ,yes I do have 6 SR banana vans successfully ordered for just over £ 98. 
 But please tidy up access to ACC website & tell Mr. Shopify as well. I’m not asking for entry to GCHQ.Ta !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Just received an email from Accurascale headed “Will Our Tadpoles Spawn Traffic On Your Layout?” and thought it was an announcement for the Class 206 DEMU. Sadly not, just later timespan banana vans… Never mind…

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Compensation for yesterday’s hiccup in ordering comes in the notification of delivery tomorrow. .An OO Works Adams Jubilee and a Bachmann Dance Hall brake await the pleasure. 

And the expectation is fulfilled. I now understand exactly what the applause these have received is all about.They are indeed very special in every respect. The stone/yellow SR livery throws their detail off to perfection and their running quality is feather smooth. I believe Paul is once again the guiding genius behind these. Bravo !

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Just received an email from Accurascale headed “Will Our Tadpoles Spawn Traffic On Your Layout?” and thought it was an announcement for the Class 206 DEMU. Sadly not, just later timespan banana vans… Never mind…

I had just opened the email and saw the announcement about Tadpoles and was equally disappointed - looking forward to a 3R DEMU

https://www.bloodandcustard.com/BR-3R-Tadpole.html

Peter

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Take care when unpacking your vans! I had a problem with the 2nd van I unpacked.

The clear film around the vans have an adhesive strip, this was particularly difficult

to open on this van only, the other two vans were fine in this respect.

The upshot of this is the van slipped out of my hands and hit the floor ( they don't bounce ).

The underframe is badly damaged with bits broken off.

I'm not blaming Accurascale, the clumsiness was all mine, but do take care unpeeling

the clear film if you find a stubborn piece like mine!

I am delighted with the two remaining vans, they are a work of art.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Yes,I realised that extra care must be taken with the protective film and needs to be dealt with slowly and with soft surfaces around. There is a seam on each one ….barely visible I know….so pull apart carefully from that with the wagon securely on your lap,making sure that the delicate bits don’t come off with it. 

I’m assuming that the SR vans operated from Southampton Docks presumably serving at least in the first instance Covent Garden .Thus the train would run ( fairly rapidly ) to Nine Elms for onward transport of the contents to the market. So motive power is the next decision. Here,Mike Morants LSWR collection is helpful though there are no images of the vans.

It being the western section of the SR,then IMHO that’s where you need to look and then consider what’s available.

If you have kit built models that’s one thing. In rtr,I can source a T9,an Arthur,an S15 a Drummond D15 ,an Adams Jubilee and a Maunsell N. The list obviously isn’t in any way prescriptive and it would be good to have further input on this .

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, trevor7598 said:

Take care when unpacking your vans! I had a problem with the 2nd van I unpacked.

The clear film around the vans have an adhesive strip, this was particularly difficult

to open on this van only, the other two vans were fine in this respect.

The upshot of this is the van slipped out of my hands and hit the floor ( they don't bounce ).

The underframe is badly damaged with bits broken off.

I'm not blaming Accurascale, the clumsiness was all mine, but do take care unpeeling

the clear film if you find a stubborn piece like mine!

I am delighted with the two remaining vans, they are a work of art.

Hi @trevor7598,

Please drop support (support@accurascale.com) an email and we will see what we can do to help!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, trevor7598 said:

Their packaging is so good maybe the film is not really required.

TBH,I think it’s meant only for use in the box initially in transit. As you say,the box does the business in any case.The problem with the film is that it’s adhesive and that can have unforeseen and undesirable  consequences .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

I may have missed this?

Hunt Couplings for these. Buffers with only a couple of mm gap; anyone got the type they used for this please?

Phil

Either extra or ultra close Phil @Mallard60022 I'll check tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

On 19/03/2024 at 23:34, Ian Hargrave said:

ATM I’m attempting to order .I cannot complete access to the website as it is blocked by “I’m Not A Robot” . Could you please investigate this interference ?

If you use a VPN, disable that temporarily. I find that mine sometimes interferes, but it's not every time.

• Like 1

I got to finally test them on my tatty ancient layout at my parents today, I know I ought to buy some other goods stock that isn't SR branded but funds are limited so my core interest gets prioritised 

Short video here

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A single D1479, Post 1961 example arrived today, from the TMC collaboration collection.

I have number 220 of 250.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB. It's only a 'Value Weathering' version, but that is subtle and very acceptable. Better that my efforts I'm sure.  

Neat size, tough and beautifully printed Box; very well packaged, as have been all my Triple Sets. Neatly wrapped in Tissue, presumably after Weathering?

A big thank you and congratulations to the two Companies for getting together on these projects.

I have had Horse Boxes from TMC in the past and they were excellent. This Van however, is a notch above.

Phil

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2