RMweb

Euston - we have a problem

rapidoandy

1 hour ago, Harlequin said:

I think I spotted a bent footstep in the final close-up shots.

If so, then that one didn't come through the experience completely unscathed after all!

That was actually me handling it around whilst filming. I had a mental note to "straighten that when you put it in the white box". However, between that thought and actually getting it in the white box I think the phone rang at least 3 times, a delivery went out and I probably got distracted by the dozen or so unread emails that came in yesterday whilst we were busy.

We did find a few "warranty" issues along the way (which we have removed to address) but that is perfectly normal in this game. Anyone who thinks there should be 100% perfection in a run of models with no issues is obviously wrong.

As I like to tell people, the ladies and gents that assemble, paint and detail these models are far better modellers than I, and probably many of us, will ever be...

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Nova Scotian said:

No one else wince when he goes to open up the box with the box cutter facing straight down? I guess that’s why the second piece of cardboard is under there.

To be fair after opening up it's fair share of the other boxes, it was getting rather blunt by the point of filming. 🙂

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Nova Scotian said:

No one else wince when he goes to open up the box with the box cutter facing straight down? I guess that’s why the second piece of cardboard is under there.

More concerned he then put it into his back pocket of his pants after use - the blade was away this time, but that's a bad habit to form.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Great video particularly liked Sam getting involved at the end and demonstrating he does have a sense of humour and can take a joke.

I wonder who the lines 

‘we are running a lion model as thunderbolt because we can’ and ‘it’s better than having the model turning up damaged and the packaging pristine’ ,were aimed at?

cheers

mark

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/10/2022 at 18:15, rab said:

So is a Rapido Dynamometer Car which fell off the back of a lorry

(and survived) worth more or less than the normal price? :)

Must be more.

It's a "Special limited edition" "As seen on TV"👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 27/10/2022 at 12:51, SHMD said:

That's not a bad idea.

There are enough who don't keep the box anyway, and if the requested/affect box comes with a certificate disclaiming the packaging and providing authenticity of both being extra checked and proving that it's provenance- then everyone's a winner!

(Only down side is I would think that extra packaging would be needed to take it the "last mile"!)

Kev.

(Great vid but at the end I think the door step is slightly bent upwards - but who's to say when that happened!)

Presumably the certificate will be signed by Dyno-Drop Dave?

Horrible to see, but no injuries, Rapido are their usual glass half full selves and as open about the good and the bad as usual. Packaging may be dented, but no reputations were harmed in them making of this movie (Except Drop-ship Dave of course).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Over in Canada or maybe it's California, or maybe not - they've been testing boxes

Far too much time on their hands!! 🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣

I had to google Micheal Gross, never heard of him or the TV shows he was in!! 🤦‍♂️

Edit:- Pedant Alert!! As Jason was wearing a Red Shirt, he should be dead now. 🙄🙄🤣🤣😉

Edited by F-UnitMad
Pedant Alert
  • Funny 2

21 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

I had to google Micheal Gross, never heard of him or the TV shows he was in!! 🤦‍♂️

Yeah I kind of recognised him but not in way that related to any particular programme, they could have stuck with the Alan Alda line and I would have believed them 🤣

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Far too much time on their hands!! 🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣

Edit:- Pedant Alert!! As Jason was wearing a Red Shirt, he should be dead now. 🙄🙄🤣🤣😉

What, you've never seen Tremors?!

Even Kevin Bacon is tolerable in that.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Nope, sorry.

But I have heard of Kevin Bacon. (Apollo 13, my wife's favourite film.)

Tremors is so cheesy it's great! Bacon is in Apollo 13? I knew there was a reason I'd not watched that yet,

• Funny 3