Has there been another meltdown?

• RMweb Premium

Something has changed as far as I am concerned... I use my Phone to follow this site 99% of the time and this evening there is the most annoying scrolling video for Digitrains that blocks out 25% of the screendrop down menu making it impossible to search for updates.

How can I get rid of this as it wasn't there earlier today and is infuriating 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, John Besley said:

How can I get rid of this as it wasn't there earlier today and is infuriating 

Our advertising people have been doing some testing today. Coul you post a screenshot of what you are experiencing please John?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, billywhizz said:

I’m getting the same Digitrains banner as well. It makes the forum unusable as it is covering the notifications and view latest thread buttons 

Trying to view on iphone12 

D8BEB98E-75BE-4F46-9704-F4C7A000EFFB.png

Thank goodness I am not the only one, its driving me up the wall...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, cctransuk said:

Who let the dogs* out?!

They're not house trained I'm afraid, they run riot, crap all round the place, get easily distracted and wander off for a sleep after quarter of an hour. All I can do is make sure I have a ready supply of poo bags and a few hours spare after they get out.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

They're not house trained I'm afraid, they run riot, crap all round the place, get easily distracted and wander off for a sleep after quarter of an hour. All I can do is make sure I have a ready supply of poo bags and a few hours spare after they get out.

What you need is a ball, and some means of throwing it a VERY long way.

Whilst they're chasing it, move the RMweb bunker to somewhere they don't know about!

Don't worry, Battersea Dogs' Home will find them a nice new 'forever' home.

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Andy, you need a shotgun, they don't do it twice 🤪

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
Just now, John Besley said:

Ah will that solve the Digitrains banner advert issue once and for all ?

Premium membership does, yes; apart from a few of the sponsored subforums such as Accurascale and Revolution. Six months later I'm still waiting for that fix to be done.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone else noticed that since the re-indexing of the site, that refreshing the page "Content I Posted In" takes ages to load whilst "VNC" or threads open pretty much instantly?

I use the pages "Content I Posted In" and "VNC", to keep abreast of things on RMWeb, but clicking on "Content I Posted In" does nothing for 20 seconds (except for the spinning circle thingy) then the spinning circle thing changes direction and the page then loads after a random 1 to 10 second delay.

Kev.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Has anyone else noticed that since the re-indexing of the site, that refreshing the page "Content I Posted In" takes ages to load whilst "VNC" or threads open pretty much instantly?

I use the pages "Content I Posted In" and "VNC", to keep abreast of things on RMWeb, but clicking on "Content I Posted In" does nothing for 20 seconds (except for the spinning circle thingy) then the spinning circle thing changes direction and the page then loads after a random 1 to 10 second delay.

Kev.

I go into 'Content I posted in' and it opens instantly.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

I go into 'Content I posted in' and it opens instantly.

It does for me now !!!

How odd. Has some strings been twiddled with in the background I wonder?

Kev.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Has some strings been twiddled with in the background I wonder?

Nope, it may have improved because I was in a very soggy Peak District and wasn't at the desk yesterday. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

The scrolling adverts are driving me up the wall to the point where I may just drop RM Web completely, I use to enjoy following the topics I was interested in...

No longer it's maddening, - I Wouldn't buy from Digitrains on principle now as there adverts have made my life a misery 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, John Besley said:

The scrolling adverts are driving me up the wall to the point where I may just drop RM Web completely, I use to enjoy following the topics I was interested in...

No longer it's maddening, - I Wouldn't buy from Digitrains on principle now as there adverts have made my life a misery 

For a pound a month you can go advert free. Is the site really of so little value to you?

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

16 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

For a pound a month you can go advert free. Is the site really of so little value to you?

Previously I didn't mind the ads And keeps me in the loop. I might change my view as the latest digitrains add is now resizing the text on mobile that I can't read the forums easily.

I've often wondered if the site gets more revenue from the 1000s of visits I make Vs a straightforward subscription 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1