Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2023

didcot

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 37114 said:

In other news, 1 lap into FP1 and.... Oh Sergio! ... There are easier ways to leave the team than stuffing it into the wall on your first timed lap...

No wonder Riccardo is grinning 😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, 37114 said:

Oh wow! Interesting Qualy!

Crap weather tomorrow means I will pay for the 24 hour sky pass and watch it live.

Mr Bean will be pouting all evening.

It'll be elbows-out argy-bargy at the first turn tomorrow....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Mr Bean will be pouting all evening.

It'll be elbows-out argy-bargy at the first turn tomorrow....

He has not been a good starter lately so may get tangled with Norris off the start.

I didn't see qualy live, so when I saw the grid, I assumed it was a wet session. I was pleased to see it was a genuine result.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Now now!

Red Bull supporters will be delighted.

The moneymen behind F1 will be happy too.

I just want to know if Whinger and Mr Bean have any crumbling portraits hidden away somewhere...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Both Mercs turned it on a little too late. How was Lewis suddenly able to eat into Perez's lead in the last few laps? I suppose a low-fuel Merc is rather like a Quali-Merc. George did very well after that silly (Team-driven?) Q1 exit. McLaren have trebled their team score in two races - 30 points last time, 28 today. Alpine were above them, and are now miles behind, albeit perhaps not really their fault today (I didn't see that incident). Ferrari and A-M have stalled compared to the early season. Alfa-Romeo embarrassed big brother Ferrari in quali - but can't deliver in race-trim. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Definitely another set of “Oh Ferrari” moments today. Leclerc’s pit lane speeding and then a wheel nut remover failure. And not letting Sainz past Leclerc to maximise the soft tyre speed.

Zhou had a disastrous start and took both Alpines out into the bargain. Norris had better pace than Piastri. 

and Verstappen imperious again. Only mechanical failure will stop him for the rest of the season; it seems only Red Bull have understood fully the underfloor affect so far.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Apparently Mr Bean has a gearbox penalty. Heard it on my local radio station's news bulletin but not found it online yet.

Always enjoy Spa, its a wonderful track. I hope the forcasted weather doesn't cause stoppages. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

Apparently Mr Bean has a gearbox penalty. Heard it on my local radio station's news bulletin but not found it online yet.

Always enjoy Spa, its a wonderful track. I hope the forcasted weather doesn't cause stoppages. 

MV gearbox penalty

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth Collier said:

With his gearbox penalty he'll be starting 5th on the grid I expect and be leading by lap 3. I hope it rains to level things out a bit.

6th, not 5th.

But I am sure he will not take long to get to the front. The RB takes a couple of laps to get going properly & once available, DRS should provide a big advantage there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Still chucking it down at Spa, but the F2 people seem to have managed some sort of practice - or was it quali? 

I see it's one of those ineffable "sprint race" weekends too.

Hope the weekend is a complete washout...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Hope the weekend is a complete washout...

No as I enjoy Spa, it's a proper racetrack and not a silly pop up street circuit that looks like all the others and has no character. 

It's one of the best tracks on the calendar and I was very disappointed when the race two years ago got called off.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6