Swiss Model Railway Announcements/Wishlist

SBB1

11 hours ago, MOB 2002 said:

Fleischmann 2023 range has been revealed:

https://www.fleischmann.de/documents/uploads/service/downloads/20230110_FLM_Neuheiten.pdf

The Re6/6 in red is there, and the EWIV in the latest livery variation. Not a lot else though.

Mark.

Cheers for letting us know, Mark.

Now I don't know whether to go for the Re 6/6 in green or red!

Kind of figured the new livery EWIVs would be in there but I wonder if that means we'll never see the plain black/white cab car (call me greedy, I want both!).

Michael

The RABe 503 in 'München' branding has been up for some time on Modellbahnshop-Lippe, so that's not unexpected. I've been holding out for one in plain old standard SBB livery, but may go for this one.

Other than that... nothing much! At least my wallet will be breathing a sigh of relief. Hornby UK have dubbed 2023 a "catch-up year" due to various issues. I wonder if we're seeing the same from other manufacturers?

15 hours ago, SBB1 said:

The RABe 503 in 'München' branding has been up for some time on Modellbahnshop-Lippe, so that's not unexpected. I've been holding out for one in plain old standard SBB livery, but may go for this one.

Other than that... nothing much! At least my wallet will be breathing a sigh of relief. Hornby UK have dubbed 2023 a "catch-up year" due to various issues. I wonder if we're seeing the same from other manufacturers?

Hornby is spending all its money on French N (viz Arnold 2023 announcement...)

5 hours ago, Gordonwis said:

Hornby is spending all its money on French N (viz Arnold 2023 announcement...)

And with my interest in French N, alongside SBB N, this year promises to be somewhat expensive... ! (Not to mention their UK TT:120 - which has piqued my interest... but that's really a whole different topic!)

There's been no official announcement as of yet, but guess what's appeared on Hobbytrain's product list for 2023... only an Re 4/4 IV! In three different liveries no less, each with a DCC sound version. No price listed. Maybe they do monitor these forums @MOB 2002 @cornish trains jez 😉

https://lemkecollection.de/product-category/modellbahn/page/3/?swoof=1&filter_marke-hersteller=hobbytrain&orderby=date&really_curr_tax=176-product_cat

Other products of a Swiss persuasion include:

- BPM 2nd class coaches in sets of 2 (4x different liveries, including green/white @Gordonwis!) 

- BLS BT and BDT control cars 

- And... whatever the hell this is...

image.png.66925736992f564eb7da1fb94c5fa357.png

Edited by SBB1
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, Bluey74 said:

Would love to see N scale versions of the Leman Express trains.

image.png.97d89e60f416a82fd7f1963f461d4289.png

Another thing I'd like to see, but will probably never happen: Liliput to revive and update their FLIRT tooling. I picked up one second-hand a little while ago and it's pretty good for a 10+ year old model. The opportunities for different variants/liveries are practically endless, given how common this platform is now across the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBB1 said:

There's been no official announcement as of yet, but guess what's appeared on Hobbytrain's product list for 2023... only an Re 4/4 IV! In three different liveries no less, each with a DCC sound version. No price listed. Maybe they do monitor these forums @MOB 2002 @cornish trains jez 😉

https://lemkecollection.de/product-category/modellbahn/page/3/?swoof=1&filter_marke-hersteller=hobbytrain&orderby=date&really_curr_tax=176-product_cat

If they do watch, that’s incredibly quick work! 🤣

Naturally I’m really rather pleased that I’ll be able to add a new Re4/4 IV to the fleet - tempted to see what I can do with the poor old Roco Re4/4 IV though. Suspect it’ll keep going for ever.

Mark

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, SBB1 said:

Other products of a Swiss persuasion include:

- BPM 2nd class coaches in sets of 2 (4x different liveries, including green/white @Gordonwis!) 

- BLS BT and BDT control cars 

- And... whatever the hell this is...

image.png.66925736992f564eb7da1fb94c5fa357.png

Nooooooo! I'll want them all! (the re 4/4 IVs), probably the Bpms, too!

With that, all the Arnold N SNCF stuff and Hornby's UK TT, I'm going to be in financial ruin!

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, MOB 2002 said:

If they do watch, that’s incredibly quick work! 🤣

Naturally I’m really rather pleased that I’ll be able to add a new Re4/4 IV to the fleet - tempted to see what I can do with the poor old Roco Re4/4 IV though. Suspect it’ll keep going for ever.

Mark

You never know - if they could harness the energy of people like me moaning on forums, anything would be possible!

It would be cool to see a side-by-side of the two Re 4/4 IV models, old and new. Always interesting to see how far the tech has come.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michanglais said:

Nooooooo! I'll want them all! (the re 4/4 IVs), probably the Bpms, too!

With that, all the Arnold N SNCF stuff and Hornby's UK TT, I'm going to be in financial ruin!

Ha! Luckily, as much as I like the Re 4/4 IV, it's not really my era so my wallet shouldn't be feeling the pain too much this year... in theory! I'm looking for a pair of green and white RICs, but a set of those BPMs will do the job.

• 4 months later...
On 21/06/2023 at 09:43, cornish trains jez said:

Morning all,

Latest photo on the Lemke Facebook page of the new Re4/4 iv in N. Looks really good so far with an abundance of separately fitted parts. Might have to order all 3 variants!

D142955C-25A0-4674-8685-E10318252BBA.jpeg.706ef6dd0ecfa2b041c16f63a2166927.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hope those couplers are in NEM pockets. 

A 'fill-in' for the front plough would be nice, too.

On 21/06/2023 at 08:43, cornish trains jez said:

Morning all,

Latest photo on the Lemke Facebook page of the new Re4/4 iv in N. Looks really good so far with an abundance of separately fitted parts. Might have to order all 3 variants!

D142955C-25A0-4674-8685-E10318252BBA.jpeg.706ef6dd0ecfa2b041c16f63a2166927.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Clearly more modern tooling than the 1984 Roco model, but with 'interesting' design choices carried over from the Re4/4 II:
- the window frames will be printed onto the body, not the glazing. This avoids light leakage around the frames when cab lighting is fitted but (ever since comparing the Kato RAe/RABe to the Hobbytrain original) I find the other way round more convincing. Fortunately (unlike the Re4/4 II) the wipers are separate etched parts, not moulded / printed onto window and body with a 'break' in the middle.
- the cab front handrails are separately applied, but the cab door handrails are moulded on. Again I find the other way round more convincing.
- the bogies are moulded in one piece, including the (speedometer?) cables which look a bit clumsy.

Hopefully bogies, skirts and underframe details will be a nice shade of blue-grey.

I currently have five Roco models - one in Bahn 2000 livery owned from new, and four in original liveries picked up more recently on Ebay. If I can find the time and skill (and possibly Hobbytrain spare parts) to replace the shiny black bogies, skirts and underframe details, I might yet keep some or all of these.

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Montreux_1991 said:

Clearly more modern tooling than the 1984 Roco model, but with 'interesting' design choices carried over from the Re4/4 II:
- the window frames will be printed onto the body, not the glazing. This avoids light leakage around the frames when cab lighting is fitted but (ever since comparing the Kato RAe/RABe to the Hobbytrain original) I find the other way round more convincing. Fortunately (unlike the Re4/4 II) the wipers are separate etched parts, not moulded / printed onto window and body with a 'break' in the middle.
- the cab front handrails are separately applied, but the cab door handrails are moulded on. Again I find the other way round more convincing.
- the bogies are moulded in one piece, including the (speedometer?) cables which look a bit clumsy.

Hopefully bogies, skirts and underframe details will be a nice shade of blue-grey.

I currently have five Roco models - one in Bahn 2000 livery owned from new, and four in original liveries picked up more recently on Ebay. If I can find the time and skill (and possibly Hobbytrain spare parts) to replace the shiny black bogies, skirts and underframe details, I might yet keep some or all of these.

I thought there were only four of them in total?  Have I missed something (as you have five?), or is the Bahn 2000 livery a repaint of one of the original four?  I may be getting confused - is it just a model of the Bahn 2000 you’ve had from new.  Just wondered, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke

2 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I thought there were only four of them in total?  Have I missed something (as you have five?), or is the Bahn 2000 livery a repaint of one of the original four?  I may be getting confused - is it just a model of the Bahn 2000 you’ve had from new.  Just wondered, Keith.

There were four locomotives. All were repainted in Bahn 2000 livery in the late 1980s.

I've had one model from new (1991) when the originals were hauling EC trains through Montreux every day. In theory you could tell them apart by the coat of arms next to the driver's door but in practice they looked identical.

More recently I've been tempted by the availability of matching hauled stock (SNCF Inox and FS TEE) to buy the four 'experimental' original liveries. Which are all very distinctive - in fact on the Roco models, which I assume are correct, two of the liveries are different each side!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks @Montreux_1991.  i was aware the four locos originally had different liveries, but I hadn’t realised how early the Bahn 2000 livery was introduced.  I didn’t know the locos were differently painted on each side.  I believe some later carried advertising liveries too (when run by the SOB as class Re 446?).  I don’t have one, but they are certainly interesting, Keith.