Swiss Model Railway Announcements/Wishlist

SBB1

On 15/10/2023 at 11:42, SBB1 said:

Lemke's Autumn 2023 announcements; amongst other things, it looks like there will be a new run of IC2000s:

It is worth noting that there is still a mix of IC2000 and IC2020 running around. So its IC '2020' in 2023 and counting...

Here's a couple of my photos taken on Monday last (16 Oct):

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2117.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

RhB on N gauge. (Near enough) So I have coming one wish which is the ABB liveried Allegra unit. However what I would really like are some of the RhB log carriers and the unit carriers along with some 20 foot tank ISO containers for the existing well wagons. Thinking about it any new wagons would be welcome!!

Mr Kato has been silent on new moulds for the RhB this yearso here's hoping!

18.12.14 at 08.19.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For anyone with an unrebuilt (wooden-bodied) SBB De4/4 on their wish-list, this will be of interest:

https://scalaenne.wordpress.com/2023/11/25/sbb-de-4-4-di-lo-co

Incidentally (for those not already familiar with it) the ‘scalaeNNe – Note Sparse’ website has hugely detailed articles on FS rolling stock, and others including TEE stock and Eurofima livery. All in Italian but very readable with Google Translate.

• Like 1

It’s quite scary that it’s almost time to think about 2024 - although having said that, some of the more exciting 2023 announcements don’t seem likely to appear before the end of the calendar year. 

Can I tempt a repeat of the Re4/4 IV shock of this year by praying for an up to scratch EWII D luggage van? I think I’d buy half a dozen!

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• SBB1 changed the title to Swiss Model Railway Announcements/Wishlist
On 09/12/2023 at 11:19, MOB 2002 said:

It’s quite scary that it’s almost time to think about 2024 - although having said that, some of the more exciting 2023 announcements don’t seem likely to appear before the end of the calendar year. 

Can I tempt a repeat of the Re4/4 IV shock of this year by praying for an up to scratch EWII D luggage van? I think I’d buy half a dozen!

Mark

In light of the fact that, yes, 2024 is somehow already upon us(!), I've updated the thread title. Seeing as the wishlist has already spoken the Re4/4 IV into reality 😉, we'll keep it going, but primarily this can be a place where we keep abreast of manufacturer announcements. All scales/eras/categories welcome!

Andrew

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SBB1 said:

In light of the fact that, yes, 2024 is somehow already upon us(!), I've updated the thread title. Seeing as the wishlist has already spoken the Re4/4 IV into reality 😉, we'll keep it going, but primarily this can be a place where we keep abreast of manufacturer announcements. All scales/eras/categories welcome!

Andrew

agree - a much better thread title IMO

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Samedan said:

Is there anybody primarily interested in HO on here…..? 

Was thinking about this thread last night; from the outside looking in, it seems like absolutely everything a Swiss modeller could possibly want is available in HO. Are there any big gaps?

Mark

1 hour ago, MOB 2002 said:

Was thinking about this thread last night; from the outside looking in, it seems like absolutely everything a Swiss modeller could possibly want is available in HO. Are there any big gaps?

Mark

Ooh, you’ve put me on the spot. I suppose it must seem like that, relative to N or any other gauge/scale. It does sometimes feel like we mostly get a lot of new liveries, rather than new models, but that is simply a reflection of the actual situation on the network I guess. 
Now that we have not one but two Girunos for the standard gauge and a Capricorn on the way for the RhB, the most obvious contemporary trains are catered for. However, my budget may not stretch to either. One prototype that I would be prepared to shell out for is the lovely bronze SOB Treno Gotthardo, but there doesn’t seem to be one in the pipeline from the major manufacturers, as far as I can see. 
No doubt there are missing relatively historic prototypes and variants that some must long for, together with representatives of the minor lines, both standard and narrow gauge, but I’m mostly interested in the post-green eras. 
Moreover, whilst the RhB continues to be well covered, the ZB, MGB and MOB could be better covered I would think. Given the number of people from all over the world who holiday there, it continues to surprise me that the BOB and WAB are not represented in mainstream RTR. 

I’m not particularly into the ‘modern’ scene as a modeller even though I still enjoy my Swiss visits - but I can definitely seen the appeal of the SOB bronze Traverso. It’s a ridiculously good train to travel on too. 

Fingers crossed that a model appears.

Mark

9 hours ago, MOB 2002 said:

Mark

I don’t think there’s much main line missing but there’s multiple shunters that have never been done. Lots that could be improved though and top of my wish list would be what n modellers have got this year. A decent Re4/4 IV. An updated Re6/6 including 11601/2 would be good as well. I have a feeling that might come from Piko as a Swiss Special with pricing even higher than the admittedly rather good Ae6/6.

Agree there’s quite a few gaps in the market for new models, especially in N gauge. Perhaps there is room for a new company to enter the market with some units and shunters as the demand is clearly there.

The bronze Gotthardo set and a Giruno would be a good starting point as they would prove popular in N.

Best regards,

Jeremy

16 hours ago, swisspeat said:

Maybe a BLS Lotschberger unit?

A BLS NINA is promised this year in 4 liveries by LS Models in HO but not in the livery I would choose!

A BLS MIKA maybe...

I will stop here. Those 3 would just be too much for the credit card bill!

Peter

I’d go for one of these if it were to be produced in N.

On 14/12/2023 at 21:28, swisspeat said:

Maybe a BLS Lotschberger unit?

A BLS NINA is promised this year in 4 liveries by LS Models in HO but not in the livery I would choose!

A BLS MIKA maybe...

I will stop here. Those 3 would just be too much for the credit card bill!

Peter

Agree with NINA would really like one of those and a Lötschberger too. I like to dream that one day we will see BLS565/566 and maybe some of the other variations on the NPZ that have been used by numerous private operators over the years. I guess there are just too many variations and they are too localised in operation to have mass appeal so unlikely to ever be available RTR.

2 minutes ago, bantam61668 said:

Agree with NINA would really like one of those and a Lötschberger too. I like to dream that one day we will see BLS565/566 and maybe some of the other variations on the NPZ that have been used by numerous private operators over the years. I guess there are just too many variations and they are too localised in operation to have mass appeal so unlikely to ever be available RTR.

and a BLS liveried Re420, my biggest modelling regret is not buying a Roco one about 10 years ago and now they are like rocking horse excrement, I've seen 2 sell on a well known auction site in about 8 years........

On 14/12/2023 at 15:10, Samedan said:

Given the number of people from all over the world who holiday there, it continues to surprise me that the BOB and WAB are not represented in mainstream RTR. 

The BOB is a mystery but perhaps because it's only a short link to Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen it's not popular enough for mass market, the lack of  WAB is easy to explain, it's not meter gauge (only 800mm) and mostly it runs at a 20% gradient which means you need to have your turnouts complete with the central rack rail and that whilst possible gets expensive very quickly it also means that over even a short distance the track climbs very quickly. I'm going to have a go at building the Modern Wengen station since that is pretty much level over the platforms along with a feed in and out 

• Like 2

On 16/12/2023 at 10:52, cornish trains jez said:

Morning all,

Just seen a video reel on Lemke’s Facebook page showing the Hobbytrain EP’s of the Stadler KISS. As I mentioned in a previous post, this model seemed to have gone quiet but clearly still on the cards.

0A08F4D9-1F10-4F9A-9536-4090D416C52F.png.fa4979b6ed3b4729151aacebf9e9c3b4.png

Best regards,

Jeremy

Another shot of the KISS from Facebook a couple of days ago. Perhaps they are gearing up for a 2024 release? Would be nice!

Screenshot_20231230_183305_SamsungInternet.jpg.ca32ecc8a4297e566a6290ed05f56fb2.jpg

• Like 2

Can’t help but think they’d have done better by packaging up the Bdt with some SBB EWI’s all in NPZ livery. Surely the market for BLS driving trailers is fairly well catered for by Hobbytrain right now?  

Still, I suppose it does mean that we are finally seeing the Bdt without it being essential to buy an Rbe4/4 too. 

Mark

On 30/12/2023 at 22:56, Montreux_1991 said:

Looks like Piko are first out of the blocks this year.

With one locomotive:

PikoBR485BLS.jpg.785cf59ad86ad4a650121ba4daed2a3b.jpg

Two coach sets:

Pikocoaches.jpg.55327bf413b547d2dfa4e108912b97e7.jpg

And one wagon:

Pikowagon.jpg.62af4dc56ba993cfaf5a7fd2f4087e33.jpg

Nice selection there. The Re485 looks like a slightly better detailed model than the Fleischmann offering with the non moulded hand rails etc.

Theres a cargo re482 as well which looks tempting.