Accurascale Take Over World of Railways Skills Week And Drop New Announcement Tomorrow!

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Since we're turning 5 years old, so we thought we would mock up a commemorative wagon. That's what model railway companies do, right??

303177504_5thAnniversaryWagon.jpg.7bb02e6a132924d98106661ae40c407d.jpg

Thoughts??

@Islesy worked reeeallllyyy hard on it, so be kind!

Cheers!

Fran 

Will there be a version in Pre-TOPS livery, er please sir?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Great interview . Thanks very much !

I'm not sure I view these guys as rockstars because they are very approachable , but they certainly have star quality .  I've said it before but will say it again , they are a breath of fresh air in the industry . They do deliver value for money , as demonstrated by the very moderate increase in the price of the Deltic.  Thank goodness for Accurascale shaking things up . Looking forward to the announcements at Model Rail Scotland and Ally Pally (which I get the feeling is the more significant announcement).

Here's to the next 5 !

Edited by Legend
Can't spell for peanuts
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I'm not sure I view these guys as rockstars because they are very approachable , but they certainly have star quality .  I've said it before but will say it again , they are a breath of fresh air in the industry . 

There's an awful, awful lot that several people in businesses could learn about many aspects from the interview; it's very unlikely that they will be savvy enough to do so though.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There's an awful, awful lot that several people in businesses could learn about many aspects from the interview; it's very unlikely that they will be savvy enough to do so though.

Hi,

Andy, I couldn't agree more and what you say is simply spot on!

I had cause to contact Accurascale due to a minor issue with something and I kid you not, it was like dealing with any good pal, they were there for me as if I'd just contacted a mate late at night and out of office hours. I was expecting them to pick up the contact when they were back in the office but nope, they had resolved my issue within minutes!

Try that with any of the other manufacturers?

It's not just the models that impress Me, it's the whole package of comms and interaction that stand out as exceptional, not just different or better but MUCH different and MUCH better!

Here's to the next five years, Well Done!

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Fran, Paul and Andy, for making a chunk of my morning far more entertaining and informative than it would otherwise have been.

The Purple one, taken from the box window, Honiton. 24 July 2003.

John

2003.07 [16] Deltic 9016 [Modified].jpg

Edited by Dunsignalling
Photo added
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Thanks, Fran, Paul and Andy, for making a chunk of my morning far more entertaining and informative than it would otherwise have been.

The Purple one, taken from the box window, Honiton.

John

2003.07 [16] Deltic 9016 [Modified].jpg

Your post started off so well.

• Funny 15

• RMweb Gold

I kinda like it, certainly worked better on the 55 than the 57...

(No photos of that 'cos it always came through in the dead of night).

John

Perhaps more to your taste, gentlemen? 

2003.07 [16] Deltic 9016 [Mono].jpg

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 27/01/2023 at 11:34, AY Mod said:

Don't forget the chat with Paul Isles.

Just got round to watching this in full and it was well worth it, very interesting and informative to hear about the whole process! Thanks Andy and Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm a bit late to the party (as per usual) but I just wanted to chip in and thank both Fran and Paul for giving up the time to do these interviews - they are by quite a margin the most entertaining and insightful interviews I've watched for while. Cheers both and to Andy for asking some decent questions.

Edited by JamFjord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 05/02/2023 at 19:43, JamFjord said:

I'm a bit late to the party (as per usual) but I just wanted to chip in and thank both Fran and Paul for giving up the time to do these interviews - they are by quite a margin the most entertaining and insightful interviews I've watched for while. Cheers both and to Andy for asking some decent questions.

Hi @JamFjord,

Many thanks, very kind of you to say. I do less these days as I fear I bore people to tears! As you know from our interactions on RMWeb we do like to chat and be open and engage and it's nice to share what happens what goes on where we can and how we go about things.

Andy is a very good interviewer which also makes it much easier for us. 

Cheers!

Fan 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No worries, Fran, credit where it's due. Keep doing the interviews if you get time, I can't imagine anyone finding that stuff boring. The open communication we get from yourself and certain others who stand out within the industry is appreciated and builds trust, I think.

And yeah, Andy is an excellent interviewer - I'm not sure people appreciate the work that goes into developing that skill. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1