Stafford Railway Circle 2023 Exhibition

ELTEL

On 09/09/2023 at 23:18, 298 said:

I shall be flying the flag for non-UK layouts with Alonzo Mill, the current Continental Modeller ROTM. I shall be ably assisted by @doctor quinn, who is yet to tell me that he will be bringing a green class 47 for the inevitable photo opportunity ....

CM_Sept_Outline_580x.jpg.b36c8f74b60f0a7962528e0645d31356.jpg

That's one of the ones I'm really looking forward to. I'm a fairly bog standard UK steam modeller myself, but I love seeing layouts of rarely modelled and exotic prototypes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 2ManySpams said:

I understand he's partial to lamb chops, problem solved 😜

I see what you're doing here............

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, MarkSG said:

That's one of the ones I'm really looking forward to. I'm a fairly bog standard UK steam modeller myself, but I love seeing layouts of rarely modelled and exotic prototypes.

I too thought it was exotic until I was shuffling cars around on it yesterday, and put the yellow West India Fruit Reefer back on the layout. It once again stood out as too garish (which is why it didn't really feature on the magazine photos) and I realised that with black locos, maroon coaching stock and brown freight cars I had basically copied 1950s BR....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, 298 said:

I too thought it was exotic until I was shuffling cars around on it yesterday, and put the yellow West India Fruit Reefer back on the layout. It once again stood out as too garish (which is why it didn't really feature on the magazine photos) and I realised that with black locos, maroon coaching stock and brown freight cars I had basically copied 1950s BR....

You've got to run it at least once over the weekend. Preferably when I'm watching.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/09/2023 at 21:33, 2ManySpams said:

You can take Robin, I'm sure he'll fancy a trip to Spain....

On 12/09/2023 at 21:46, 2ManySpams said:

Mr @Enterprisingwestern can take you back with him too. 2 for the price of 1.

On 13/09/2023 at 06:18, NHY 581 said:

Might be tricky.........I'm classed as livestock.......

Excellent idea, Wibdenshaw will advance at a far greater rate of knots.

Do I have to feed them as well?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

See, no need, you're feeding yourself 

Someone has to.....

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good news in that there is no planned Rail Strike next weekend 23rd & 24th September which means many of our regular visitors will be able to travel by train to Stafford Station.

As in previous years a free courtesy preserved bus service will run from outside the railway station to the Exhibition 

Also new for the 2023 Exhibition is that you are able to buy exhibition advance ticket, the ticket can be used either Saturday or Sunday 

Details on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibitions  where there is a link to purchase an advance ticket.

Terry

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Please be aware that there is a 10K road run taking place in the central area of Stafford on the Sunday morning.

It would be best to a avoid the town centre, this may effect the courtesy buses on the Sunday Morning Only 

Terry 

image.jpeg.35dc83d4dfa8a80f5203e572cc85d318.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Good news in that there is no planned Rail Strike next weekend 23rd & 24th September which means many of our regular visitors will be able to travel by train to Stafford Station.

As in previous years a free courtesy preserved bus service will run from outside the railway station to the Exhibition 

Also new for the 2023 Exhibition is that you are able to buy exhibition advance ticket, the ticket can be used either Saturday or Sunday 

Details on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibitions  where there is a link to purchase an advance ticket.

Terry

Good news.

Thanks Tel.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
On 09/09/2023 at 21:59, Nick G said:

Looking forward to exhibiting at Stafford again for the fourth time I think with different layouts each time. Anyway which other RMweb members are exhibiting?

I’ll be there with WFRM and Newhaven Harbour.  Sat definitely and possibly Sun p.m.

Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Exhibition - Countdown 4 days to go.

For anyone who has purchased an advance ticket you can use the ticket either Saturday or Sunday.

Terry 

• RMweb Premium

Having attended the recent GOG show at the venue and been pleasantly surprised at how easy the journey was from near Doncaster, a few of us are going to make our first trip to this show at the weekend.

It looks to be a good line up and I am really looking forward to it.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I have had a couple of enquiries about a two day ticket for the Stafford Exhibition this coming weekend.

If anyone wants details please get in touch either on RMWEB or www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk 

regards

Terry Robinson