Stafford Railway Circle 2023 Exhibition

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Tackeroo is counting down to the weekend.  

Tackeroo is not some Antipodean bush railway as the  name might suggest but a representation of a WW1 training camp, just one of many that sprang up like daffodils in 1914/5.  

This one was Brocton, Stafford and is modelled in 1916 as the ROD took control of rail operations and the camp became the headquarters of the New Zealand rifle brigade.

A home to up to 20,000 troops.  preparing and resting for and from the trenches.

Im in with the demonstrators. I believe.  Do come  and chat, it’s more of a talkie layout than a full blown all railway action fest.

I am happy to talk about the traning camps, Brocton (Cannock Chase)camp, prototype modelling and research that Mr (Andy) York and myself conducted.

Why Tackeroo?  Come and ask this weekend

Andy

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The October issue of BRM has a feature about Stafford Railway Circles layout Whiteacres which will be appearing at our exhibition this coming weekend at Bingley Hall Stafford County Showground 23rd & 24th September.

For those of you subscribing to the digital version of BRM extra photographs and a video take by Andy York 

More details here on RMWEB with a full list of Layouts,Traders and Demonstrators with a hall plan.

More information and advance tickets www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibitions 

Terry 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Final tweaks are being applied to Bleat Wharf which I'm hoping will be loaded tomorrow evening ready for launch just after lunch on Friday. 

Looking forward to a good run and a swift erection on arrival.

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

@ELTEL hijacked Stafford FM this morning to talk about the exhibition and Stafford Railway Circle. Hit the play button.

Well, a call out for Tackeroo….   Tel called it a diorama..  I am hoping something moves, clearly Tel is just covering himself.

BTW well done Terry, there is a lot to remember and get out and I think you covered everything.

Andy

27 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

They've not thought that through at all. Where's the beer being kept?

Is it coincidental that they are all in the area with the uneven floor?  Was that deliberate?  - Or was it to make them all feel at home like the olden days of Stafford show in the cow sheds?  [Alisdair]

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks to @ELTEL we have a copy of the floorplan and the list of layouts and traders so you can plan your day.

Stafford plan.jpg

Stafford list.jpg

MMR 

Due to a change in circumstances MMR are now able to attend the Stafford Exhibition.

Terry 

What stand number will they be on, as they don`t appear on the above list?

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, bourneagain said:

MMR 

Due to a change in circumstances MMR are now able to attend the Stafford Exhibition.

Terry 

What stand number will they be on, as they don`t appear on the above list?

MMR Are I believe P137 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I will be off shortly to Bingley Hall this morning with an army of SRC members to prepare the hall for the exhibition over the weekend.

Todays task being to mark out the floor plan with all stand numbers, work with the Showground staff to drop all the mains points into the correct locations.

Once the floor plan is marked out it will be time to put the tables ordered in the correct positions, leaving ample space for the traders, layouts access with vehicles to unload.

The non public catering point to be set with the tea and coffee facilities for all involved at the exhibition over the weekend.

Hope to post some pictures later today.

The external signage all erected in readiness for all tomorrow 

As Charlie Bishop often says on his YouTube channel Chadwick Model Railway “What could possibly go wrong”

All for now

Terry on behalf of the team 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3