Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Spring 2023 Announcements.

AY Mod

5 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Ditto anything Efe - it's from someone else's factory.

But everyone wins due to the wider distribution of dealers

Yeah but given there's already a layer of Rapido -> Realtrack, this would be Rapido -> Realtrack -> EFE. Most stuff EFE doesn't have this additional layer as far as I am aware. For example, Heljan -> EFE.

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah but given there's already a layer of Rapido -> Realtrack, this would be Rapido -> Realtrack -> EFE. Most stuff EFE doesn't have this additional layer as far as I am aware. For example, Heljan -> EFE.

But in this case Rapido is the factory, just as with Heljan they will have a factory too in the chain.

It's not like Rapido did a DMU, then RealTrack did a commission of the Rapido model etc.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Red DB wagons are a good idea seeing how many people have converted them.

yes, a good idea (he says through gritted teeth having made 10 of them) 

0765B1EB-523D-4DC7-AC1A-5E0C5DC5CD5F.jpeg.b723fbc025d9fcfebb62829873bb26bd.jpeg

joking apart I was half expecting someone to announce them long before now as they are a common and interesting wagon with lots of uses and can be mixed up with other box wagons for engineering trains 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Well I suppose it could be described as balanced, but there is very little for the transition era modeller apart from a 9F which I don't need and a centre headcode green 37 which I do. I view of the vogue for Scottish 37s, the Mk2s in Regional Railways livery are good, but I can't help thinking they missed a trick by not adding a second two coach pack of R R TSO and BSO, which make up a very handy four coach rake. That assumes that there were R R liveried Mk2 BSOs.

The 37s seem to be progressing well for the range and plenty of variety for the contemporary modeller.  I am tempted by D6829 but will sit back for another couple of months and see whether the Irish firm offer the centre headcode green livery. 

Pleased the narra gauge market is being exploited - a very useful range for people who are tight for room but prefer 4mm scale size and feel. 

The thing that needles me a little is the variety of DCC decoder formats in the hobby - presumably used by the manufacturers as some kind of market control.  Not sure I have a single Plux 22 decoder fitted model in my collection.

Overall well done Bachmann

43 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Good to see that they have got the correct shape yellow panel for D6829 on the WR D68XX (Class 37 for younger readers).  Now do i go for this or do I wait for Accurascale to announce theirs - and will A/S do an RSH built loco just to give that little touch of subtle variety for us?

Almost certain A/s will do the RSH version in time.

Have to admit I follow your thoughts and really want a couple green "69ers". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big jim said:

yes, a good idea (he says through gritted teeth having made 10 of them) 

0765B1EB-523D-4DC7-AC1A-5E0C5DC5CD5F.jpeg.b723fbc025d9fcfebb62829873bb26bd.jpeg

joking apart I was half expecting someone to announce them long before now as they are a common and interesting wagon with lots of uses and can be mixed up with other box wagons for engineering trains 

You and me alike. I've not made as many as you but I've I've got three half done for my Esso longport service to be mixed in with a few other wagons 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Bit annoyed with Bachmann releasing the double Mk2 TSO coach pack in BR Scotrail. I’ve had the Mk2 TSO and FK in Scotrail on pre-order for 4 years now. If Bachmann can produce the double pack now, could it not produce the previously announced ones too!?

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

20 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But in this case Rapido is the factory, just as with Heljan they will have a factory too in the chain.

It's not like Rapido did a DMU, then RealTrack did a commission of the Rapido model etc.

So Rapido has their own factory whereas Heljan uses a third party? Didn't know that, I presumed Rapido used third party factories like almost everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Good to see that they have got the correct shape yellow panel for D6829 on the WR D68XX (Class 37 for younger readers).  Now do i go for this or do I wait for Accurascale to announce theirs - and will A/S do an RSH built loco just to give that little touch of subtle variety for us?

My own experience with Bachmann’s newly revised version says buy this and in the SFX version too.It says on the tin you can run on dc with sound. This punter does and has a lot of play fun with it too.It works.

As is famously declaimed…”Yes you can “.

D 6829 recently delivered spotted at Severn Tunnel Junction by this not so young reader 4/06/1963. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

There are videos on it from Rapido, they were looking for business a few years ago to do work for people like RealTrack.

I suspect others use or used them too when establishing themselves.

Yes but I expected that Rapido still source their models from similar places as such as Heljan. My point is that having Realtrack as hypothetical middle men adds another layer, unless Rapido make the items themselves and Heljan don't.

6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yes but I expected that Rapido still source their models from similar places as such as Heljan. My point is that having Realtrack as hypothetical middle men adds another layer, unless Rapido make the items themselves and Heljan don't.

Ultimately, it's a business decision between two or more parties which we will not be privy to, however, it must be worth everyone's while to do it or they wouldn't bother.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Ultimately, it's a business decision between two or more parties which we will not be privy to, however, it must be worth everyone's while to do it or they wouldn't bother.

I aren't disputing that. I was passing comment that's all.

14 minutes ago, Knapdale said:

Bit annoyed with Bachmann releasing the double Mk2 TSO coach pack in BR Scotrail. I’ve had the Mk2 TSO and FK in Scotrail on pre-order for 4 years now. If Bachmann can produce the double pack now, could it not produce the previously announced ones too!?

For pre 2020 models, Bachmann update the release dates on the Bachmann website as and when necessary. The Scotrail Mk2 coaches have had an early 2023 release date since June 2022.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

Apart from buildings and the 9F, there is little for the steam-age modeller, particularly pre-nationalisation.  Have Bachmann decided to leave this market to others?

Well for a steam fan it’s dull! Nothing new. But Bachmann have been working through a very large back log for a few years now and must be 3/4 way done by now. (He says hopefully) so to be fair Bachmann may have a lot of goodies their working on but just not ready to announce. 

In the meantime I can try and work out do I need a A4 and Coronation coach set (not my region) but would be nice to go with the Coronation Scot set I now have. 

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

So Rapido has their own factory whereas Heljan uses a third party? Didn't know that, I presumed Rapido used third party factories like almost everyone else.

They do, everyone does.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

35 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

No re-run of the blue grey mk2fs still.thats really disappointing.

Seems an easy win to shift the lot if they got the numbers of fo tso and bso 

In a sensible ratio......

Possibly the only disappointment for me.  However, the 37s have caught my eye, four different liveries of interest!

Intrigued by the 143/4.  Frankly who licenced and built what isn't really of interest, but the fact EFE have announced them at least means those who missed out with Realtrack can have another pop at getting one.

Edited by wombatofludham
Just read Arran of Realtrack's post elsewhere...
  • Like 2