RMweb

Bachmann Spring 2023 Announcements.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, South-East Rail said:

I like the look of those MPVs. But not at £320 a pop! I think my original-release Network Rail example was £80 odd, albeit a few years ago. 

Ed

i sold mine on the bay for just over £100 about 2 months ago.........should of kept it now....

I'm liking the GWR pacer, once you get dealer discounts, not badly priced considering the way costs have moved over the last 12 months or so

3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes but I expected that Rapido still source their models from similar places as such as Heljan. My point is that having Realtrack as hypothetical middle men adds another layer, unless Rapido make the items themselves and Heljan don't.

I would suspect that Realtrack's margin is slimmer than for their own runs because they aren't taking the risk of carrying stock in this instance.

Rapido might not of course be directly involved IF Realtrack own the tooling, but their factory may well be being commissioned directly by EFE/Bachmann and Realtrack getting royalties.  But all of this depends on commercial information that we're not privy to.

In any case, all the commercial risk is on EFE/Bachmann pretty much.

[Edit]

It would appear that Realtrack didn't enter into a licensing agreement with EFE/Bachmann so this tooling may or may not be the tooling used by Realtrack.  At this point anything else is wildly speculative, and is down to the commissioning arrangements for tooling, who actually owns it etc.

Edited by frobisher
Additional Information
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

We are of course talking about what will pop out in the next 3 months, there are still another 3 announcements to be made in the year. So surely there will be something for our yearly purchase!

Overall nout for me this time (except possibly a 00-9 wagon), but then there were loads for me last time.

If there is nothing for you then keep your savings ready.

(and some of us really need to replace those 50 year old H&M controlers it seems!).

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Is there any idea when the 143/144’s will hit the shops?

TMC listing them as Feb/March 2023.

Bachmann/EFE website also listing a Feb/March 2023 release.

Edited by BR(S)

Anyone got an idea when the SF 9F’s might arrive? Both the current crop and the last batch that was announced. 
Have tried to get an idea from the Bachmann website, but it keeps crashing on me. Presumably the website is fairly popular today and not exactly a particularly friendly site on a quiet day!

Cheers, 

Super Sloth. 

25 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

Anyone got an idea when the SF 9F’s might arrive? Both the current crop and the last batch that was announced. 
Have tried to get an idea from the Bachmann website, but it keeps crashing on me. Presumably the website is fairly popular today and not exactly a particularly friendly site on a quiet day!

Cheers, 

Super Sloth. 

The previously announced 9Fs are all showing as Feb/March 2023, the ones announced today are all May/June 2023.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, thetrains said:

Where's me 37 WR in blue. 🥺

In a pot of paint.

Seriously, not a difficult conversion to banger blue; remove body and glazing & cab interiors from body, spray rail blue and wipe off the kickplates, door handles, and window/headcode beading, let it dry, mask up for fye (there were no WR 37s in Rail Blue sye), arrows of indecision/numbers/depot transfers, varnish, reassemble, job done, banger blue WR 37 with skirts, suitable for 70s period when The Johnster was a guard at Canton; you have full permission to model me in the secondman's seat back cab.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, winterbournecm said:

What a shame NSE mark2a arent being produced to go with the Accurascale ones, they'd sell thousands.

I already have them from previous batches they did. I will supplement them with a pair of Accurascale ones.

• RMweb Gold

That depot water tower would be perfect for my colliery to feed the washery, but probably a bit pricey for my wallet.  Nice looking model that would be quite complex to scratchbuild with all that cross bracing support stuff, just the sort of thing RTP is ideal for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Knapdale said:

Bit annoyed with Bachmann releasing the double Mk2 TSO coach pack in BR Scotrail. I’ve had the Mk2 TSO and FK in Scotrail on pre-order for 4 years now. If Bachmann can produce the double pack now, could it not produce the previously announced ones too!?

In the same boat as you, been waiting 4 years for the previously announced FK & TSO. I’m trying to be positive in thinking the FK and TSO must finally be imminent with the announcement of a TSO twin pack. On the bright side, I won’t have to renumber any of the TSO ‘s (as long as they don’t duplicate a running number in the twin pack with the single coach) 

the release of the twin pack will also make completing another rake of coaches easier and add some variety into the Aberdeen - Glasgow push pull set. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Like 1

disappointed big time,

No pre tops blue stuff and no first generation dmus, 

Fed up with this. 

sort it out Bachmann, there is more to BR than pre 1965 steam and modern image, and Hornby are not getting away scot free either

Edited by vikingsmb
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Very pleased with the ATW 158, much requested! 37175 in colas also a win and the lobster boxes. 143 comes as a pleasant surprise too, although hopefully the dodgy weathering is improved on the production models. 

Now to hope the box shifters offer a good discount…

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, vikingsmb said:

disappointed big time,

No pre tops blue stuff and no first generation dmus, 

Fed up with this. 

sort it out Bachmann, there is more to BR than pre 1965 steam and modern image, and Hornby are not getting away scot free either

There goes the toys out of the perambulator

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, NXEA! said:

Would like to know as well! Hopefully GER, or generic enough to pass for one. 

It reminds me of an LNER crane such as the one shown in the photo at Pickering. Click on the photo to be taken to the site 

J94 0-6-0ST

Edited by banburysaint
Trying to explain I didn't copy and paste the photo
  • Like 1