Cavalex - New Class 60

AY Mod

POST-DEMU SUMMER UPDATE

CLASS 60 LOCOMOTIVE PROJECT

94_119.jpg.bffe4b79499fa6bb97540cd230674086.jpg

Photo courtesy Douglas Johnson

Since our announcement, the reaction to our class 60 has been very positive, with 3D printed samples being on show at exhibitions and livery artwork giving a taste of what’s to come.

In addition to the general release models we are also looking at some exclusive liveries available for retailers to adopt if the demand is there, what would people like to see? We have short listed some favourites but are always happy to take on board customer requests.

Please get in contact and let us have some suggestions!

Whilst we eagerly await out first EP samples don’t forget to look out for another update on our Class 60 project very soon!

Full update here: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/post-demu-summer-update

• Like 7

I’d like to see you guys do these that I’ve pictured so I can replace them.

Also, DB’s HVO 60054, Drax 60066 (as Hornby didn’t get the colour of the lettering correct) Ex-EWS now DB 60065, GBRf 60002, probably won’t be a popular one for many but I’d like Tata steel 60099 (I know Hornby has done it but I haven’t got one and do like the silver livery, corus isn’t my era though would be a popular one as Hornby haven’t done this one. That I’m aware of) 

8465D070-7A9B-49AE-9BC2-E4C095DFA7F3.jpeg

C82C2103-B0FE-4D18-9262-C4C756C1A993.jpeg

01E50C74-31A0-47B8-AEF5-D690656546D1.jpeg

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

I’ll just restate my wish for a DCR all grey one (rather than the Cappagh blue one already announced). I think that it’s in prep already but just in case anybody wants to second it in the hope a retailer will decide to back it 🤞

I’ll second it too 👍🏻 I’d even go a little further and say a twin pack of DCR grey would go down rather well. 

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

DCR grey for me too 60029 Ben Nevis…

BFC118BD-57F1-418D-B67A-8C2D253BF86D.jpeg.583e742406c1edb2c40620e7e13dff9e.jpeg

Revolutions doing the blue cappagh wagons.

8B615451-6D15-4209-9B79-A348E3F8B456.jpeg.9700a93fb32b13abb6135784aba97113.jpeg

My second request is a nice and simple..

60098 Charles Francis Brush, 1000th locomotive built by Brush.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

I’ll just restate my wish for a DCR all grey one (rather than the Cappagh blue one already announced). I think that it’s in prep already but just in case anybody wants to second it in the hope a retailer will decide to back it 🤞

DCR Rail aswell as the puma livery would be great. 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

are DB keeping the 60s or they storing them / selling them??

Yes some, yes some and yes some.

There are also a couple of 60’s preserved and also one which is being Frankensteined at Longport and could emerge as a …dEMoniseD.. I dunno class 61 perhaps ?

you can see the recently gutted 60014 here

Afaik only 60006 has been cut up, I doubt the rest will for a while, as they are pretty much the only source of base material for rebuilds in the freight sector for the forseeable future.

That said if HS2 ends, they may not be needed.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 14:13, RBE said:

POST-DEMU SUMMER UPDATE

CLASS 60 LOCOMOTIVE PROJECT

94_119.jpg.bffe4b79499fa6bb97540cd230674086.jpg

Photo courtesy Douglas Johnson

Since our announcement, the reaction to our class 60 has been very positive, with 3D printed samples being on show at exhibitions and livery artwork giving a taste of what’s to come.

In addition to the general release models we are also looking at some exclusive liveries available for retailers to adopt if the demand is there, what would people like to see? We have short listed some favourites but are always happy to take on board customer requests.

Please get in contact and let us have some suggestions!

Whilst we eagerly await out first EP samples don’t forget to look out for another update on our Class 60 project very soon!

Full update here: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/post-demu-summer-update

I’d certainly like to see a Transrail version, from a personal point of view a Peak Forest regular from the late 90s would be nice!

• Agree 1

Do the class 60s that seemed to last forever in some liveries:

60014 Alexander Flemming had Petroleum for ages

60060 James Watt had Trainload Coal
60056 William Beveridge was transrail

Pick a decent EWS class 60 too. 60071 Ribblehead Viaduct?

I am not sure about GWR or Teenage Cancer as do wonder how many would convert across as prices rise... 

• Like 1

I have to say, I do like the special liveries so 60074 in it’s different guises, 60007 in its switch on to safety, 60065 in its EWS/DB guise, 60066 in Drax livery, 60071 in EWS is a good one and 60099 in corus silver too would be ones.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'll be the boring one and vote for a plain triple grey version!

These were the ones I remember most from my youth, excitedly clambering up the steps to Platform 4/5 at Didcot in the late 90s, notebook in hand, eagerly anticipating what line up of stabled locos would await me on a dull drizzly Sunday morning! 

Then when you got to the top of the steps, you were greeted by the sight of one or more suitably dull grey ones, often shod of nameplates as someone had nicked one and certainly not a whiff of a depot plaque in sight! Just plain old boring monotony resting in the cold grey British weather...and as I look back on those times now, don't I just love it! 😂

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Cavelex have yet to announce anything in Transrail.

Though my vote would be for an unbranded triple grey, given as well as being suitable for the released loco it would also be perfect for renumbering for anyone looking for a different sector / Transrail / Mainline / Loadhaul / Large Logo EWS triple grey loco (likewise for the 56)  So should hopefully appeal to multiple purchasers 

• Like 1