Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

any updates if they are on a ship yet or still in china?

first production run of the Class 66 locomotives and will arrive in the first quarter of 2024.

Its on the news section of there site.............

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to update that we are on course to deliver these at the end of Q1 and should have some further, colourful news in the next couple of weeks.

Also, our charity drive 66415 is now at 70% sold out, so thank you to everyone who has put their name down so far!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just to update that we are on course to deliver these at the end of Q1 and should have some further, colourful news in the next couple of weeks.

Also, our charity drive 66415 is now at 70% sold out, so thank you to everyone who has put their name down so far!

Cheers!

Fran 

thank you Fran for the information

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Everyone brace your wallets for impact!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

The second run announcement???.....i will have more sheds than Freightliner.............:)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 09/01/2024 at 09:18, Accurascale Fran said:

Ah just red and gold is fine Fran honestly, save the gang opening too many paint pots! 😋

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

On 09/01/2024 at 11:25, lego legs said:

Oh no not again - mine had only just recovered!

Excellent news for AS and the hobby especially with the gloom of Hatton’s becoming a name of the past currently hanging over us. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

More EWS maroon and gold please! Oh and 66001 in DB colours with the prototype buffer beam would be lovely too 😃

doubt they do more ews unless has db logos on,   i think thry do more gbrf because of the livery's maybe freightliner powerhaul and db pd ports maybe?

18 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

More EWS maroon and gold please! Oh and 66001 in DB colours with the prototype buffer beam would be lovely too 😃

Perhaps they'll announce EWS 66111 with Highland Stag at next month's Model Rail Scotland show....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, scottrains29 said:

Perhaps they'll announce EWS 66111 with Highland Stag at next month's Model Rail Scotland show....

already done by Bachmann for Olivia’s trains 

ive been wracking my brains as to what ‘colourful’ might mean, first thought was something GBRf but I can’t think of anything that’s not already been done other than the revised 66718 black ‘london scenes’ loco 

• Like 1

Just now, big jim said:

ive been wracking my brains as to what ‘colourful’ might mean, first thought was something GBRf but I can’t think of anything that’s not already been done other than the revised 66718 black ‘london scenes’ loco 

you got br large logo  yellow black blur and white arrow?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Which would be nice 😊 I’d be up for that one.

if they did the black and white london 66s as a pair just watch the ebay market for the Bachmann versions die instantly! 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

29 minutes ago, big jim said:

@scottrains29 is onto something there! As we’ve seen with all of AS’s second runs, at least half a dozen liveries are kitted out at any one time so 66111 is a worthy candidate. Having done some digging, Hatton’s and Olivia’s sold Bachmann 32-725U in Q2/3 2014 (over 9 years ago). Model Rail Scotland seems the logical place to announce such a livery - especially as AS have said that it won’t be more recently done liveries which includes 66789 as @The Meerkatsuggested (done by Bachmann and Hatton’s). 

On the theme of old liveries being brought back to the market, aside from 66111, my clue to colour is going on GBRf 66720 in its ‘Rainbow’ livery which was another limited edition but of 512 models for Rail Express Magazine in Q2/Q3 2016. I could be barking up the wrong tree but both are limited editions, 66720 more so. That’s my ten pence. 

• Like 2

I don't think it matters now if Bachmann have already done certain locos. The Bachmann model is very dated and not up to current standards. It even has painted on sidelights! The tooling must be around 20 years old.

I rarely run mine now as my Hattons ones look so much better, even with their slight livery errors.

Anyway, another colourful contender could be yellow/blue 66708. Don't think anyone has done this one.

• Agree 6

I hope we might get some of the colourful TFL/GBRF liveries, especially if AS is already engaged with TFL over producing panniers in LT Livery (because even the old LT logo is, I believe, still IP of Transport for London)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

How about 734 that was done for the jubilee 

cheers Craig 

forgot about that one, that would be a definite buy for me! 

Euro spec though, different buffers etc 

IMG_9837.jpeg.19c9f3e9a51d0c0ad7bb5f50520cc55c.jpeg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

66023 in its current Kings Coronation livery would be nice.

I do think we will see 66718 announced in its relatively recently tweaked TFL livery.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Would have thought 66794 would go down well.

Fran said "colourful", not three shades of grey

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/01/2024 at 00:25, lego legs said:

Mine are paid off unless they announce some more Royal Scotsman ones. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 1