Genetically Modified (GM) – Accurascale Takes Route 66 With Latest Locomotive Release in 00/4mm!

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just to update on the 66; the first of two containers was loaded on the ship over the weekend. With the current Houti situation the ship will be going the long way round which means 8 weeks before they land in the UK. The second container departs next Monday. 

We will provide further updates as we get them with you all.

Cheers!

Fran 

Is there going to be updates on the 31’s (which are due in this quarter) or the 37’s with a rough idea of timescales anytime soon?

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Is there going to be updates on the 31’s (which are due in this quarter) or the 37’s with a rough idea of timescales anytime soon?

Hi @derekdoestrains,

Certainly. We always relay customers the latest information when we get it from the factory and publish it on our website, our social media channels, on RMWeb, and in the magazines as well as sharing the info at shows we attend. When we have the latest news update, we will share it as ever.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just to update on the 66; the first of two containers was loaded on the ship over the weekend. With the current Houti situation the ship will be going the long way round which means 8 weeks before they land in the UK. The second container departs next Monday. 

We will provide further updates as we get them with you all.

Cheers!

Fran 

my understanding was that they left china 2 or so weeks ago,  but glad there on their way

thank you for update Fran 

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

The list of DB class 66 locomotives to be re geared and renumbered to 66/6 listing include both the Accurascale                   66149

66164/66652

66221/66651

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to receiving my 'Evening Star' more than ever - patience is a virtue they say .... erm, OK!

I've my H4-66 Hattons' Freightliner 'Patriot' on the rails at the moment, which had some 'obvious wobble'.  I know this has been resolved in the A/S reiteration - Dapol got it right with the 59 anyway - reasons are obvious and resolution likewise.

I located the worst A/B's, removed, opened out the bogie surround hole, and more-carefully replaced and glued / aligned the A/B's.

She's back to being the 'favourite' she always was, still running superbly and near 'wobble free'.  Curiously there's still something going over points, but this may be through the uneven nature between rails / frogs, etc.

If the A/S is an improvement on this, it'll be quite an amazing model locomotive!!

Al.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is said to be a significantly modified, updated and uprated version of the 'flawed but superb' Hattons H4-66.

My Freightliner 'Patriot' weighs 740g DCC ready (DC operation).

I would guesstimate 'running light' she can probably touch about 120mph scale speed, yet can crawl as well as anything I own - loaded (significantly) she still runs way over 100mph scale - 12x Bachmann HHA bogie wagons each with loads.

The A/Scale model details state overall box weight is 900g, locomotive being 800g - heavier or just an 'approx.'?

They also state a 'scale speed of over 75mph' - as in reasonably, but just over, not hugely like the Hattons' one.

Is the gearing the same as the old Hattons' model, or has it been lowered as implied?

If this is true, does this mean the A/Scale model will have an even greater haulage capacity than the Hatton's 66?  This could be quite an 'interesting dual' for somebody!!

Al.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

This is said to be a significantly modified, updated and uprated version of the 'flawed but superb' Hattons H4-66.

My Freightliner 'Patriot' weighs 740g DCC ready (DC operation).

I would guesstimate 'running light' she can probably touch about 120mph scale speed, yet can crawl as well as anything I own - loaded (significantly) she still runs way over 100mph scale - 12x Bachmann HHA bogie wagons each with loads.

The A/Scale model details state overall box weight is 900g, locomotive being 800g - heavier or just an 'approx.'?

They also state a 'scale speed of over 75mph' - as in reasonably, but just over, not hugely like the Hattons' one.

Is the gearing the same as the old Hattons' model, or has it been lowered as implied?

If this is true, does this mean the A/Scale model will have an even greater haulage capacity than the Hatton's 66?  This could be quite an 'interesting dual' for somebody!!

Al.

Well gearing it down will give it more tractive effort but at what point do the plastic gears loose grip on the axle.......Hornby dublo did a test of pulling a youngter on a trolley with a model CO CO in the late 50,s but they had brass gears. Not long to wait for you to test them together but how many have a layout to pull scale length trains.

• Like 1

At the moment, nothing I own 'monsters' that Hattons' Patriot, from super-slow crawling with wagons (Hornby 60 is its equal), through hauling capacity (perhaps that 60 is close, as is the Hornby 56, not the CavAlex I've found), the A/Scale 37 is definitely close, but that 66 has the edge.

A lower geared 66 with that weight will be an absolute monster!!  I'm assuming the running gear will be up to it, as A/Scale locomotives do seem to have thought this one out.

I must be good - at least until 'Evening Star' is fully run in - a month should do that, off and on.

I had a similar problem with my streamlined Coronation locomotives when Hornby brought out the 'correct' coaches, with their drag, particularly the Kitchen cars - poor brake and lighting pickup wiper alignment.  I broke a couple of plastic gears before fitting metal ones.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

• RMweb Gold

Hi @Bryn_Bach_Railway,

Well spotted!

As reported elsewhere, production of our Class 66 run 1 is now complete and the majority are on the high seas and due with us in approx. 7 weeks time.

So, if that's the majority, then what about the rest of the stock?

Well, we can confirm that a limited supply of Accurascale Exclusive 66001 arrived at our warehouse last week! We have enough to cover the pre-orders of this loco, and we shall begin distributing them later this week after our usual checks and packing is complete!

Image(73).jpg.ee5cb8510e7e02674663450e125627f9.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Very exciting to hear the first ones are here!, I think I know the answer but I’ll check just incase. For those of us who’ve ordered 001 in the same order as some of the other 66’s, I’m assuming 001 will be held and so that each order is sent out in its entirety in one?. Also is there any updates for the pre-mapped DCC decoders? Really looking forward to these now they’re that little bit closer!

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Very exciting to hear the first ones are here!, I think I know the answer but I’ll check just incase. For those of us who’ve ordered 001 in the same order as some of the other 66’s, I’m assuming 001 will be held and so that each order is sent out in its entirety in one?. Also is there any updates for the pre-mapped DCC decoders? Really looking forward to these now they’re that little bit closer!

Hi @Bryn_Bach_Railway,

That is correct re your order mixed with other 66s, but if you (or anyone else reading this) email us at sales@accurascale.com with your order number we can split it out for you and send 66001 separately. 

We have the decoders being programmed at the moment. I will have an update on them later this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5

Just for reference, I mentioned working on the infamous axle boxes of my Hattons' 'Patriot' - here she is hauling some hoppers (12 of them, each weighing ~175g !!)

Power is DC only, using a Gaugemaster model 'D', set on ~40 (of 100).

Al.

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Just for reference, I mentioned working on the infamous axle boxes of my Hattons' 'Patriot' - here she is hauling some hoppers (12 of them, each weighing ~175g !!

The Hatton’s 66’s had the best tractive effort of any Class 66 when it was released. All 6 of mine did fine with a full 13 wagon RDT at 4.2kg (11x Hatton’s FEA-S + 2x Hornby KFA) on track at radius 4/5. Operating on DCC though. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, atom3624 said:

4.2kg !!  That's twice the weight of my loading - 2.1 kg !

Going to be interesting and difficult not to perform a 'comparison' once the A/S version arrives!

Al.

Have done some digging and found 66847 doing the honours with the full 4.2kg RDT. Have linked the video but it is just the opening clip that’s relevant.

On another occasion I have added 5x Autoballasters to the rear but that was pushing it with the layout curves. 

The loco’s performance is stable throughout the clip in the video attached, however I wouldn’t run it for more then 25-30 minutes at a time as the motor tends to get toasty from current draw. A side effect of working the loco hard.

Hopefully the AS 66’s perform as well and can stand up to such hard working.

Jord

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

51 minutes ago, Penson Halt said:

EWS Maroon 66 is about to be dispatched according to an email received from AC today!!

Maybe get it on Saturday, but which Saturday I dunno?!!

I am going to have to wait longer for mine as I asked for it to be delivered with Evening Star. Looking forward to receiving them.

• RMweb Premium

As always Accurascale have went the route of 100% accuracy by releasing 66001 into traffic first for the acceptance trials on layouts before commencing with the rest of the locomotives,we are back to 1998.

• Like 5
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Im sure pulling power will be up to scratch as the heaviest trains on Making Tracks were trusted to our preproduction samples, no other locos could cope with the loads day in day out.

The 66 features our all new Accurathrash speaker rated at 8 ohms, along with a sugar cube speaker in line with the set up with the rest of our sound fitted models.

The first 66001 models should start arriving with modellers from today! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3