The Titfield Thunderbolt

Not Jeremy

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I yesterday received an advance copy of the finished book and am very happy with how it has all come out.

Newbook.JPG.5f6b310dd1e0adf959d9f01515c27135.JPG

The downside is a slight delay to the main delivery - I am now advised that delivery into my warehouse should be on Friday 5th May.

I may well open a bottle of fizz when they arrive!

Thank you to everyone who has placed pre-orders, all securely recorded and "ready for action"......

Simon

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

I yesterday received an advance copy of the finished book and am very happy with how it has all come out.

Newbook.JPG.5f6b310dd1e0adf959d9f01515c27135.JPG

The downside is a slight delay to the main delivery - I am now advised that delivery into my warehouse should be on Friday 5th May.

I may well open a bottle of fizz when they arrive!

Thank you to everyone who has placed pre-orders, all securely recorded and "ready for action"......

Simon

Which will be a fitting way to celebrate my birthday which falls on the 5th. Order on its way.

For another viewing of the film tune to BBC4 10:30 tonight.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Adding text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thankfully there are men of sufficient faith (and patience) in Radstock... if I see him I'll let him know.

Is this why we have so many bank holidays in May?

Edited by Tim Dubya
valium
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

My copy has just arrived. Beautifully produced and a real treat. I shall enjoy the nostalgia immersion. Loved the enclosed cards which will find their way to those deserving of something special. Many thanks.  Ian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all so very much for your kind and positive comments, very much appreciated. As have been several emails from people who have received their copies. It is really nice when people enjoy something that one has had a hand in creating and it is also something of a relief to have finally got memories and photographs that have been so generously given or shared by many people over many years into print, and properly recorded for posterity. Tomorrow Charlie and I get stuck back in to sending out orders.

Charlie took several copies up on the train to a family gathering over the weekend, It proved a bit of a hit with at least one family member, scene yesterday in Shropshire....

IMG_5501.jpg.f45cc3a3e6f01751266bb830f8a5b804.jpg

And the scene at the Junction on the day before.

IMG_5737.jpg.0ab36ab61be299a00658268b76afc203.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I've now had a preliminary look at my copy and it is every bit as fascinating as I hoped it would be. Some absolutely stunning images for a start. Really well produced and a nice 'heavy and quality' feel to it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Some absolutely stunning images in the book, some of which are professional quality ones taken by the studio's own cameraman. Some pictures in there of both Monkton Combe and Limpley Stoke stations that I've never seen before, despite trying to buy every book that ever came out about railways of the area!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One thing I didn't realise before, was that two 14XXs were involved in the filming, I wonder if Rapido will eventually include one in their forthcoming 'Titfield' range?

I also didn't realise that the bulk of the filming was done at the eastern end of the Cam Valley line, with Dunkerton Colliery being the most westerly of the locations used (for the 'duel' between the train and the steam roller).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

One thing I didn't realise before, was that two 14XXs were involved in the filming,

Do you mean on film? Three were involved as correctly noted on page 90 although one was behind the scenes so not ‘on film’ if that’s what you meant?

I spent a while watching the film on slowmo to identify 1462 in the start of the stealing sequence. 

IMG_2783.jpeg.affc5657b5f965857c2126894099c14e.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Do you mean on film? Three were involved as correctly noted on page 90 although one was behind the scenes so not ‘on film’ if that’s what you meant?

Of course, exactly so!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We shall forgive this lapse but you may have to present Simon with a ‘pasty of penance’ for not absorbing such information from him by osmosis, or whatever the pasty equivalent of that is 😆

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That sounds ominously like a product of a certain factory in Callington...

The ‘pasty of penance’ was meant to show him you’re sorry not have him foaming at the mouth metaphorically and physically 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1