Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale And The BRMA 2022

• RMweb Premium

WEll done you guys and your models blow us away as much as this does you,we see the human side of your company as you engage and respond to us no matter if its a good or bad situation,keep smiling and imagine what the thirty seven and fifty is going to do let alone the sixty six been in your control,its the least we could do for all your efforts.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I came back into the hobby with the intention of avoiding RTR where possible. My modelling period is inter-war.

I own two of your 55s, have two 37s, an 89 and now a pre-grouping GER S56 on order.

Not intended as a boast, but to show how you've shattered my thoughts on the realism of RTR... Now, back to work, get releasing GE Section stuff suitable for inter-war period please!

Edited by Bucoops
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Your next challenge will be to remain humble by it all! 

Extremely well deserved. Especially as the wagon area was quite tough (at least two competitors out there are pulling out all the stops), so to come away with 1st, 2nd and 3rd is amazing.

There two things, the name is now well and truly known, but on top, the reputation not only for producing models, but also the customer experience is second to none.

Well done.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I will add to and endorse all the above comments and a little more.........  nearly in my 60's now, i can only think what the next 30 or 40 years will bring to the modelling scene. Whilst not wanting to sound morbid in any way but i probably wont see what is to come in those latter years. i thoroughly enjoy reading the announcements right through to receiving my finished models from your company in the knowledge that i truly believe you do the right and best things for the hobby as a whole and that is bringing the BEST models to the market amd giving us, the modellers the most up to date models that money can buy.  

However, for anyone taking up this wonderful hobby now, what an absolutely fantastic time to have companies like Accurascale producing these fantastically detailed and technically demanding designs both on electronics as well as colour schemes and finished products. 

i cant wait to get my hands on the 37's, 31's and 55's in due course. 

what a wonderful time

what a wonderful hobby

what a WELL DESERVED accolade to receive

WELL DONE CHAPS !!!!

👍👍👍👍

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A very well deserved haul of accolades....

It's so refreshing to see a company dedicated to accuracy and quality that also actively engages with its customer base.

You guys are setting the standards for others to aspire to in so many ways - keep it up.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

The “old guard” and established “big boys” have a lot to learn, or could learn, from Accurascale in particular as well as a couple of the other new manufacturers.

Either they aren’t able to compete on range/quality/price/customer service or they just don’t want to.

Either way it’s a glorious and unprecedented period for model railways in my lifetime (of 50 years) and long may it continue.

Cannot wait for the tv series when Yesterday or another channel finally cotton on to where the real action is at!

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Agree 2

Congratulations on your well deserved rewards. Truly pushing the boundaries and showing some other manufacturers how it’s done. I’ve ordered at least one of each loco you’ve announced so far, I think I might have a bit of an addiction! Keep them coming and just looking forward to what you will do next 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A very deserved congratulations. The standards you are setting are industry leading (including customer engagement) and the others are having to respond which is fantastic for the hobby as a whole. I very glad this is being recognised.

I'm particularly happy that the Chaldrons got the top spot. I fantastic bit of work and I'm sure @Islesy is rightly chuffed! It'd be great to see something from yourselves to pull these in due course! 

Bring on the 37's!

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, scumcat said:

Really interesting to read all these glowing reports. I always think it best to judge a company by how they perform when things go especially wrong. 

What an odd comment to make. Almost like you're wishing that to happen...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, scumcat said:

Really interesting to read all these glowing reports. I always think it best to judge a company by how they perform when things go especially wrong. 

Perhaps you would like to define what you mean by “things going especially wrong” ??

Im not an Accurascale employee, just a happy and satisfied customer. Happy and satisfied with their customer service too and comfortable in the knowledge that they do look after you if something has gone wrong their end. Likewise Bachmann.

Less happy about some of the other more established manufacturers!

• Agree 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, scumcat said:

As someone said yesterday on the class 37 thread it is really difficult to post negatives on these threads as we all know they are frequented  by at least three of your top guys. Who do get very defensive.

It's not just that; it's evident that there's some sh*t-stirring going on which isn't helpful to anyone who has a genuine issue. You decided to bring that whiff into this topic, on someone else's behalf,  so please be careful.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, scumcat said:

I always think its a bit like Airlines . Lets face it , back in pleb class they are all much the same , seat spacing, meals etc etc  . But what distnguishes a good airline is what they do when something goes wrong and how effectively they deal with it . I think thats all Scumcat means. 

• Agree 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, scumcat said:

why do I need to be careful?

You ended up creating a difficult spot for yourself once before with aggressive posting. If you are in contact with Accurascale with an issue just let them get on with resolving it rather than keep repeating yourself - especially in an irrelevant topic (that always looks like the person has an agenda rather than an issue).

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

It is sad and totally inappropriate to introduce a sour note to what’s originally intended as a celebration of an award richly deserved….is it not ?  These guys are setting ever higher standards and are always prepared to share their research and involve us…their client base…on a continuing basis. Just take a look at Paul’s videos of the Chaldrons and NER wagons as just one example. If you have a genuine beef,then please do as Andy suggests,and take it elsewhere for resolution. From me,many thanks for the work over what is now approaching 5 years since some Irish guys …Er…who they ?…hit the ground running at Rails celebration event on the back of a sneaky visit to Barrow Hill.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If you are in contact with Accurascale with an issue just let them get on with resolving it rather than keep repeating yourself - especially in an irrelevant topic

I've had communications to say that actions toward a resolution are well underway.

• Like 5

On 21/03/2023 at 09:51, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We're just back after recovering from a wonderful London Festival of Railway Modelling at Alexandra Palace and want to extend our sincere thanks to our friends from the Model Railway Club, BRM and of course everyone who dropped by to say hi to us at the show. It was great to see familiar faces once again and make new friends too!

1553686446_TeamAllyPally.jpg.180400049cc6dd55ebc7577081bf1891.jpg

Epic trolling by a member of the competition I see here, how did he manage to end up in a picture referencing the BRMA awards or is he another new member of the Accurascale massive.

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Epic trolling by a member of the competition I see here, how did he manage to end up in a picture referencing the BRMA awards or is he another new member of the Accurascale massive.

I think you may have missed an announcement or two @woodenhead 😆

• Round of applause 1