Ellis Clark Trains OO Gauge Quad Art Coaches

E100

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Ellis Clark Trains on this bold and welcome venture.

The GN Quad Arts have been right at the top of LNER Coaches in The 00 Wishlist Polls since 2013. They went into The Top 50 in 2018, staying there for 2019 also.

The Poll didn't run in 2020 and 2021 but, in 2022, they missed The Top 50 by only a handful of votes (and, it has to be said, The Poll content had been radically amended possibly changing 'the dynamics').

Don't forget that GN Quad Arts were designed to run as two slightly different sets together and Ellis Clark are to be applauded for their sets. The GE Quad Arts were very different and were designed to run as a 4-set (with additional coaches if needed).

Taking my Poll Team hat off for a moment and speaking 'personally', I have just ordered the eight coaches that form Set No.85.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A question for the Chaps at Ellis Clark - will these be available from other retailers? I ask as I have a long-running joke with Great Eastern Models about the preserved Quads (and the N7) - it would be nice to be able to "put my money where my mouth is" with them as it were :)

• RMweb Gold

So would these have run in teak behind an A4 in LNER days or just later in BR service?

”it was reported two sets were fitted with Westinghouse quick service brake valves, and even reached speeds of 90 mph behind an A4!”

Finally.

That price tag stings a little but I have to confess they're a tempting proposition. Bit too recent to really be justifiable but who wouldn't enjoy a C12 on a set of these? 

If the detail in the renders is properly realised and the teak comes out well, a very welcome addition to the 4mm world.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

B****r, I didn't realise there was a difference between the GN and GE sets as I was hoping I could run them behind my Accurascale J69.  Never mind, close but no cigar 😂

• Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic