Could Accurascale Publish the DCC Requirements when a new loco is released?

I have considered purchasing a Class 37 but after the problems with the Class 92 I don't know.

My local model shop got two for customers and fitted a Lok Pilot Decoder but they could not get the loco to work.

I think, like the Class 92, the settings are non standard so what you expect to work doesn't.

If I buy a Class 37 I might have problems due to my Lenz LH90 System

Peter

6 minutes ago, Jamescav95 said:

Yes - I bought One.

When I fitted it I cannot get all the features to work with my Lenz LH 90 :(

If I had know I needed a more up to date DCC System I would not have bought one and just run the loco with TWO Functions

6 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Yes - I bought One.

If I had know I needed a more up to date DCC System I would not have bought one and just run the loco with TWO Functions

Maybe the team at Accurascale can support, try live chat?

• RMweb Gold

The function lists are available on their website. e.g. Class 37 direct links are here:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0214.png?v=1681920625

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0215.png?v=1681920633

It would be up to the end user to see if their controller can go as high as the function count (mine can't either).

I've put the direct links as since they changed the website, to get to these you have to go into the chat bit which I still feel a bit of a backwards step.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Yes - I bought One.

What version of the Lenz LH90 do you have?  The User Manual for version 3.6 states that you can access to 29 Functions (F0 and F1 to F28) - see https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/lenz-owners-manual-lh90-throttle-handset/ (section 1.2).

If it's an older version and doesn't support the required number of functions, then I presume you should be able to change the function mapping to allow you to access the functions that you want (and leave the less important ones on higher function numbers).

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Bucoops said:

The function lists are available on their website. e.g. Class 37 direct links are here:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0214.png?v=1681920625

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/IMG_0215.png?v=1681920633

It would be up to the end user to see if their controller can go as high as the function count (mine can't either).

I've put the direct links as since they changed the website, to get to these you have to go into the chat bit which I still feel a bit of a backwards step.

You can access it also here https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-2578e9fb-c0a0-43d4-b6ad-6e54714ca861

Or by clicking Support under the account area.

For ease of memory, I've also redirected https://support.accurascale.com to that URL

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Dungrange said:

What version of the Lenz LH90 do you have?  The User Manual for version 3.6 states that you can access to 29 Functions (F0 and F1 to F28) - see https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/lenz-owners-manual-lh90-throttle-handset/ (section 1.2).

If it's an older version and doesn't support the required number of functions, then I presume you should be able to change the function mapping to allow you to access the functions that you want (and leave the less important ones on higher function numbers).

It could be the version of the LZV100 box as well. I haven't used a LH90 controller so not sure of the options on it. I have the latest LZV200 and the new LH101 controller but still couldn't get a couple of the lights to work. Using Loksound programmer I couldn't get the front cab light or the engine room lights to work when using a LokPilot MKL V5 decoder. No idea why, I tried all sorts of settings but had no joy. 

21 hours ago, Dungrange said:

I think it is an older version - I purchased it before I had a full layout and the locos at the time worked ok

Some people have said I could change the mapping using a computer but my knowledge of how to do it is lacking.

I had sent a message to DC Kits asking if it was something they could do - but I have not heard back yet.

On 04/05/2023 at 18:29, Peter749 said:

I think it is an older version - I purchased it before I had a full layout and the locos at the time worked ok

Some people have said I could change the mapping using a computer but my knowledge of how to do it is lacking.

I had sent a message to DC Kits asking if it was something they could do - but I have not heard back yet.

Assuming A&H models in Brackley are still the Lenz importer then they can upgrade your command station and throttle to the latest software version which allows access to the higher functions. When I had mine done before the pandemic it wasn’t too expensive. That said Lenz have gone from market leaders to a bit of dead end in 20 years. At some point you’re probably going to have to bite the bullet and change to a more modern / user friendly system. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 04/05/2023 at 18:29, Peter749 said:

Peter.  Drop me al E.Mail re this on charlie@dckits.co.uk, not seen your original E.Mail.    Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/05/2023 at 09:08, Tony Walker said:

Using Loksound programmer I couldn't get the front cab light or the engine room lights to work when using a LokPilot MKL V5 decoder. No idea why, I tried all sorts of settings but had no joy. 

I assume you bought either the 59649 or the 59659 lokpilot 5 which if I'm not mistaken is the wrong one to use. 

I made the same mistake for my Class 91.

If it's the same as the Accurascale Deltic then you need either the 59619 21MTC or for the DCC only version the 59629 21MTC

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, beejack said:

I assume you bought either the 59649 or the 59659 lokpilot 5 which if I'm not mistaken is the wrong one to use. 

I made the same mistake for my Class 91.

If it's the same as the Accurascale Deltic then you need either the 59619 21MTC or for the DCC only version the 59629 21MTC

Fully operational LokPilots for Class 92s are available from DCKits-Legomanbiffo.

All the functions operate from F0 to F12 to cover older DCC Systems,  these are popular.

See:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=1853

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to think my purchase of the Class 92(s) might have been a mistake.

The locos have an inertia which I do not know how to turn off.

My first chip from Accurascale was too complicated for my Lenz LH90 to operate anything above F12

So I got the LokPilot Chip from DC Kits which has a lot of features that I can use

But it still has this inertia problem and the only way to stop the loco is to go thru the menu to find F9.

Anyone know how to turn off the inertia?

Peter

44 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Anyone know how to turn off the inertia?

CV3 and CV4 should be the ones to control acceleration and deceleration on all DCC decoders, so I'm assuming it is CV4 that you want to reduce.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

CV3 and CV4 should be the ones to control acceleration and deceleration on all DCC decoders, so I'm assuming it is CV4 that you want to reduce.

I found a post in another thread that mentioned the CV4

On 25/04/2023 at 20:56, nightstar.train said:

For the inertia you need to alter the CVs for acceleration and deceleration. I also found these to be set ridiculously high by default and set both to 30, but you can set them to 0 if you want. These are CVs 3 and 4 respectively. On page 46 of the manual. 

Edited by Peter749

And I managed to change CV4 to 0 using the Bachmann Dynamsis  😀

I know it's not much but I'm 67 and a bit and some of this programming the decoder is beyond me.

Thanks for the help Gents

Peter

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Peter749 said:

I know it's not much but I'm 67 and a bit and some of this programming the decoder is beyond me.

Peter

Don't put yourself down - I'm 45, have been around computers and electronics all my life and I still struggle to get my head round some of the DCC stuff 🙂

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

To be honest the inertia problem you describe is nothing to do with the loco itself and all about the decoder. If you are going to do DCC, then learning about the basic CVs (for example, 1-6, 17, 18, 29) will be essential for you to enjoy the benefits. 

There are not that many you need to understand to get a loco up and running and a bit of practice and being prepared to factory reset a decoder will bring benefit.

Good luck.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Peter

Age and CV,s only numbers im 70 in a few weeks......good lord,but you have control over your CV value,if your interested it is the best thing to help you learn stuff,just because it does not work with the ladys should not put you off,alter a few numbers and soon you will be jack the lad,or there will be a warm glow on the layout......

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

To be honest the inertia problem you describe is nothing to do with the loco itself and all about the decoder. If you are going to do DCC, then learning about the basic CVs (for example, 1-6, 17, 18, 29) will be essential for you to enjoy the benefits. 

There are not that many you need to understand to get a loco up and running and a bit of practice and being prepared to factory reset a decoder will bring benefit.

Good luck.

Roy

I agree.  The thread title and OP text seems to point at issues with the loco, whereas it is the choice of decoder and it's programming that is the real issue.

Of course, Accurascale are serving us really well in that they provide an option to buy "after market" decoders fully pre-programmed to capture specifics such as the correct lighting functions.  Anyone purchasing alternative decoders are generally going to have to work out the appropriate function mapping and motor settings themselves.

Steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Don't put yourself down - I'm 45, have been around computers and electronics all my life and I still struggle to get my head round some of the DCC stuff 🙂

Me too. It's  a black art and I'm a DCC noob to add to the mix!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

How many of you who are struggling with DCC have read books on the basics? (No offence intended)

I know it is not the done thing to read the manual, but there are some fantastic books available that do walk the beginner through enough to get up and running successfully. 

I started with an early edition of Nigel Burkin’s “Practical Introduction to Digital Command Control for Railway Modellers” and it really helped. There may be better books now, I recommend taking a look. 

Roy