Coronation of His Majesty the King, Class 66, 06523 'King Charles III' - Club Exclusive

miles73128

Mine is due early this afternoon.

A bit off topic, but by this time next week, I'll have TWO TXS fitted Hornby locos as R30048TXS has popped itself over the parapet.  I've had that on pre-order (March 2021) from a reputable retailer since it was announced a few years ago as a TTS loco...

Edited by Hroth

23 hours ago, Hroth said:

A possibility, though that may affect value on the collector market if you want to dispose of it after a while!

Reload the K3C profile if you want to flog it. It will be listed in the app soon.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

KCIII surely?

KGV, QEII, etc.

BTW did anyone get nameplates in the bag? Seems mine are missing, but got three Union Flags!

I'll have to get in touch at some point.

Jason

Mine has a bag of assorted giblets which included the nameplates, flags and other assorted gubbins. It might be a good idea to ask Margate for replacements sooner than later if bits are missing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes. I'll get in touch with them.

I'll also have read up on the sound/Digital stuff. If it's any good then I might use it for the TT.

Jason

If using on TT then do an auto-calibrate of the motor profile to get motor response correct as the default load is for 00 motors.

• Informative/Useful 1

As my second TXS fitted loco (R30048TXS) arrived this morning, I connected the DCC controller to the test track and gave Charles 3* and Ballymoss a run up.  Both sound fine! I suppose I should have dug out a TTS fitted 37 to do a comparison test, but there you go.

Both do very good impressions of cold starts, with laboured heavings for as long as you like, though I do miss the clouds of black and white smoke with occasional gouts of flame...

* Re Charles 3 and GSTK. The music is fairly faint, as if the band is further down the platform. Once I get around to sorting out the BT link** I may transfer the standard Class 66 sounds to remove the chance of inadvertent toggling!

** As TXS appears to run well enough under DCC, and I often run wirelessly using Engine Driver and the wireless module for my DCC controller, this may well be a considerable time in the future.

Edited by Hroth
extra...