Midland Area Group - MAG

JustinDean

• RMweb Premium
On 08/05/2023 at 15:31, JustinDean said:

MAG at Dubrek Studios, Derby will be Sunday 22nd September 2024

Added to the diary!

Cake sounds good, especially after the rather excellent Victoria sponge that I had at Thornbury last week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Fingers crossed work won’t interfere with my plans and I’ll be in touch with all

involved within the next week. Apologies for the silence on this thread. I would very much like to get the whole shebang announced by the end of the month. 

Jay 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/10/2023 at 22:24, TT100 Diesels said:

Hi Justin, 

I met up with Ramrig at Mickleover exhibition this afternoon. We had a good chat, and he mentioned an RMweb midlands get together and sent me the link to this thread.

You may be aware that I started posting on here from June, with my High Peak Junction home layout (a radical 'what if' take rather than your and others more reverential interpretations of the C&HPR).

Separately, I have a small static display diorama Crate Lane (very generic), on the dioramas thread, I could bring this and populate it with my blue diesel loco collection, in 3mm scale. Also have a test track oval to go with it now, to pluck stuff off the diorama and demo run it. I am sorry, its not exactly an exhibition layout, but there are only a very small handful of us seriously doing 3mm scale diesels from the 1970s and beyond.

DSCF6327(4).jpg.df25f10ae8f3ef566e66a1013be73d95.jpg

Crate Lane on display at the 3mm Society 2023 AGM

Would you be interested in any of this, and by the way I hope I am not being rude crashing in on this thread / event.

Best regards

TT100 Diesels

(Dave)

Hi Dave,

Some how i missed your post - sorry chap!

It would be nice to have 3mm represented however I’ve filled this years event. I can definitely keep you in mind for next year though. 

Cheers

Jay

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Hi Dave,

Some how i missed your post - sorry chap!

It would be nice to have 3mm represented however I’ve filled this years event. I can definitely keep you in mind for next year though. 

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay,

No problem at all, just let me know about future events, who knows, I might even have knocked up a small portable micro layout in due course, but if not, I have Crate Lane Diorama display.

All the best

Dave

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I hope everyone is having a good Easter?

The line up for the 22nd September MAG event in Derby is now firmed up. I'm going to post details here once this month's SWAG event has passed as I don't want to detract from that, plus every spare moment is being used to prepare MIddleton Top for the event at the moment.

I'm keeping this first event fairly simple to test the water but we have got some great modelling from a broad selection of scales featured. If it goes as planned I have some ideas for a larger 2025 event, so do spread the word and direct folk here for up dates.

Thanks

Jay

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

I hope everyone is having a good Easter?

The line up for the 22nd September MAG event in Derby is now firmed up. I'm going to post details here once this month's SWAG event has passed as I don't want to detract from that, plus every spare moment is being used to prepare MIddleton Top for the event at the moment.

I'm keeping this first event fairly simple to test the water but we have got some great modelling from a broad selection of scales featured. If it goes as planned I have some ideas for a larger 2025 event, so do spread the word and direct folk here for up dates.

Thanks

Jay

Tidy. 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 15:32, Dava said:

Hi Jay,

im also interested in being part of this.

I have an 014 narrow gypsum mine microlayout called 'Bunny Mine' based on an actual location in South Notts, which is available.

Dava

20200321_171713.jpg.011c84f254f10b72850635dab3ebe946.jpg

Very nice.

I'm just making a small exchange yard from a gypsum mine (Aston upon Trent). What did you use as gypsum for wagon loads?  Tried to source some gypsum, but all I could find was the powdered variety. Even emailed a stone firm, but they never got back to me...

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Very nice.

I'm just making a small exchange yard from a gypsum mine (Aston upon Trent). What did you use as gypsum for wagon loads?  Tried to source some gypsum, but all I could find was the powdered variety. Even emailed a stone firm, but they never got back to me...

Hi Pete,

I havent looked for a few years but I expect if I go looking in the Bunny Old Hill area there will be outcrops where I last saw them. I'll PM you.

image.png.277f1561749949d70e09bc34d83b7238.png

Dava

Edited by Dava
delete double image
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Dava said:

Hi Pete,

I havent looked for a few years but I expect if I go looking in the Bunny Old Hill area there will be outcrops where I last saw them. I'll PM you.

image.png.277f1561749949d70e09bc34d83b7238.png

Sounds like an Irish comedian  

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Sounds like an Irish comedian  

The story of Bunny Old Hill, Mine and Mill (all real places in Nottinghamshire) can be found with other 014 musings below. You can be forgiven for missing it, borrowed away in the narrow gauge backwater. The layout has no sheep but a fox, badger and working rabbit.

20180331_204824.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dava said:

The story of Bunny Old Hill, Mine and Mill (all real places in Nottinghamshire) can be found with other 014 musings below. You can be forgiven for missing it, borrowed away in the narrow gauge backwater. The layout has no sheep but a fox, badger and working rabbit.

20180331_204824.jpg

Funnily enough, my layouts have no sheep as well.