Midland Area Group - MAG

JustinDean

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jay, my wife Lez is currently planning on building her first ever layout which is going to be housed in a vintage trunk which I got from work (still has some original railway luggage labels on it). Size is 87cm x 48cm. Still very much at the planning stage at the moment but she is thinking of doing 009. So depending on progress, she might be up for bringing it along?

Cheers, Ade.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Jay, my wife Lez is currently planning on building her first ever layout which is going to be housed in a vintage trunk which I got from work (still has some original railway luggage labels on it). Size is 87cm x 48cm. Still very much at the planning stage at the moment but she is thinking of doing 009. So depending on progress, she might be up for bringing it along?

Cheers, Ade.

Lovely stuff Ade!  Maybe send some photos via message when the build is happening?

I’ll make decisions on layouts end is summer so a bit of time yet.

Cheers

Jay

• Like 2

It’s unlikely I’ll be able to offer a layout, but I’m interested in turning up to show my face as a (semi) Midlands based RMwebber, even if by that point I’ll be primarily living and working within the Noble Realm of SWAG. 😀

Glad that efforts are being made to create a Midlands group though!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Back in 2008 I hosted an informal meet at the original Redgate Towers. Wonder if any members who turned up are still active on here?

Here's a fledgling Summat Colliery set up on the patio. Glad it didn't rain that day 😄

P1040933.JPG.8c6ab7b1c5c2eb47338cdddfeadad9e7.JPG

The Thomas the tank banner was SWMBO's idea honest

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Back in 2008 I hosted an informal meet at the original Redgate Towers. Wonder if any members who turned up are still active on here?

Here's a fledgling Summat Colliery set up on the patio. Glad it didn't rain that day 😄

I was there 😁 along with Poor Old Bruce 👍.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Andy would say Staffordshire Oatcakes I guess

The cook's retired! After Gnosall she said never again! And that was nearly 6 years ago.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Andy would say Staffordshire Oatcakes I guess

Not sure what happened there. I’ll try again.

we are not in Staffordshire this time, so as it’s Derbyshire I guess Bakewell Pudding all round 😋

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

as it’s Derbyshire I guess Bakewell Pudding all round 😋

Tart.

I did have some Derbyshire oatcakes at Chatsworth's farm caff but they were fatter than Staffs.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Tart.

I did have some Derbyshire oatcakes at Chatsworth's farm caff but they were fatter than Staffs.

Tarts are Mr Kipplings. “Pudding” is the proper stuff.

I’ve had a few oatcakes from Oatcake Annie’s on Victoria Rd, Fenton at Stoke. A proper local delicacy 😋

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Funny how the conversation has already moved on to the catering for the day. Depending what's already available at the venue, I could bring the bacon grill that the Mickleover Group bought to feed the customers at our swapmeets. At the narrow gauge meeting in January when I last borrowed it, I cooked enough for 100 cobs. That reminds me, we also have 14 6ftx2ft tables we can bring as well.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

I see food has taken priority! 
At SWAG I may have mentioned Derbyshire oat cakes. I think Bakewell tart/pudding may be on the cards also. We have a full catering set up at the studios so I’m happy to take suggestions and put together an appropriate menu for the day. 

Jay

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Being Derby I was thinking more like lamb kebabs, lamb chops, roast lamb, sheeps brains etc etc!

Mike.

I suspect that there might be at least one regular on here that might have issues with that, possibly even take it personally.

Adrian

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Being Derby I was thinking more like lamb kebabs, lamb chops, roast lamb, sheeps brains etc etc!

Mike.

Really............

sheep-967169-01.jpeg.06100bb3ece0977d1155210eab8af4f7.jpeg

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Onedrive has just reminded me that it was this day in 2008 too!

I spy a Ramrig in this photo and is that Poor Old Bruce?

P1040939.JPG.44b5ac140fe5543dceb756fcd718fa1c.JPG

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2