Midland Area Group - MAG

JustinDean

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Onedrive has just reminded me that it was this day in 2008 too!

I spy a Ramrig in this photo and is that Poor Old Bruce?

P1040939.JPG.44b5ac140fe5543dceb756fcd718fa1c.JPG

I have been trying to remember the name of the other young lad who was there. Andy Y once called him a big unit?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

I have been trying to remember the name of the other young lad who was there. Andy Y once called him a big unit?

mmm, me too. He came on the bus and walked from the old bus station. I did him a map to find us. Think someone gave him a lift home?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ramrig said:

Andy Y once called him a big unit?

You're not narrowing it down much! Could it have been Baby Deltic?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mmmm, yummy.

Mint sauce, mint sauce, mint sauce, mint sauce, mint sauce.

Mike.

We have names for people like ewe.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

You're not narrowing it down much! Could it have been Baby Deltic?

Was it Brendon or Brandon or something along those names?

I think we dropped him off in Derby on the way back.

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Normal.

Mike.

No such thing...

Rob

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jay,

@Mike Bellamy mentioned this to me in our virtual pub meeting earlier this evening. I’m local in Derby and would be happy to come along and bring Elsbridge (7mm standard gauge) if there’s room please. 

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NeilHB said:

Hi Jay,

@Mike Bellamy mentioned this to me in our virtual pub meeting earlier this evening. I’m local in Derby and would be happy to come along and bring Elsbridge (7mm standard gauge) if there’s room please. 

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil, I too have seen your layout in BRM, would you bring it to the Mansfield Show next March - 2nd & 3rd?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, NeilHB said:

Hi Jay,

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil, and thanks! You’re added to the list.

Theres quite a variety of lovely stuff on the ever expanding layout list. This bodes very well. 

Jay

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

As per @RedgateModels suggestion, I can happily do some 3D printing demos, along with displaying some of my garden railway models. 

Stock ranges from a Rocket loco with coach and wagon stock through Ffestiniog coaches to trams, including Wisbech and Upwell and LCC. All 3D printed or laser cut.

image.png.f2abf5689a30bde3ac787b6296787d85.png

image.png.419c1d28f26fe485376f5caca13d4ceb.png

image.png.a358cfc326594aa53241e0b20abfd973.png

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks to @NeilHB for telling me about this. Very interested in coming along as a visitor at least. Mind you, there’s plenty of time between now and then to progress my layout. 

Residing about 200m across the border in Staffordshire (being brought up in Notts, couldn’t quite bring myself to live in Derbyshire itself…) I’m quite happy with Staffordshire Oatcakes, but wouldn’t say no to Derbyshire Pykelets. I’m an equal opportunities eater 😁

Andrew

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/05/2023 at 10:42, RedgateModels said:

Hi Neil, I too have seen your layout in BRM, would you bring it to the Mansfield Show next March - 2nd & 3rd?

Thanks very much for the invite, but unfortunately two day shows are a no for me. I can only commit to one day at a weekend sadly. 

On 12/05/2023 at 14:07, JustinDean said:

Theres quite a variety of lovely stuff on the ever expanding layout list. This bodes very well. 

Jay

Thanks Jay, much appreciated. It’s in the diary and I’m very much looking forward to it. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/05/2023 at 14:07, JustinDean said:

Jay

Jay,

Just a quick message to say that Elsbridge may well still attend despite Neil’s untimely passing. Neil had actually already put the date on their calendar, Neil’s widower tells me. Elsbridge is now in the care of Neil’s friends at the Trent Valley Group and we will see what we can do. 

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 3 months later...
On 08/05/2023 at 15:31, JustinDean said:

MAG at Dubrek Studios, Derby will be Sunday 22nd September 2024

Cheers

Jay

On 07/05/2023 at 19:56, JustinDean said:

Hi fellow RMWebbers,

after some nudging from a certain sheep and conversation at this years SWAG event in Taunton I’ve decided it’s time for us lot a little further north to get in on the action. 

I’m proposing a Midlands meet up in Derby towards the end of 2024 at my gaff, Dubrek Studios. There’s a bar, a cafe and food aplenty. A few folk have already approached me about bringing their layouts. At this point I’m interested in finding out who’s, er….interested. 

If you’re a Midlands based RMWebber, or indeed from further afield and want to join in the fun do follow this thread. If you have a layout or want to be part of the organizing team send me a message and I’ll pop you on the list. 

Thanks

Jay

Hi Justin, 

I met up with Ramrig at Mickleover exhibition this afternoon. We had a good chat, and he mentioned an RMweb midlands get together and sent me the link to this thread.

You may be aware that I started posting on here from June, with my High Peak Junction home layout (a radical 'what if' take rather than your and others more reverential interpretations of the C&HPR).

Separately, I have a small static display diorama Crate Lane (very generic), on the dioramas thread, I could bring this and populate it with my blue diesel loco collection, in 3mm scale. Also have a test track oval to go with it now, to pluck stuff off the diorama and demo run it. I am sorry, its not exactly an exhibition layout, but there are only a very small handful of us seriously doing 3mm scale diesels from the 1970s and beyond.

DSCF6327(4).jpg.df25f10ae8f3ef566e66a1013be73d95.jpg

Crate Lane on display at the 3mm Society 2023 AGM

Would you be interested in any of this, and by the way I hope I am not being rude crashing in on this thread / event.

Best regards

TT100 Diesels

(Dave)

• Like 3