Railway Icons – A new venture for Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield

AY Mod

12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

That chassis with a few very minor mods could be reusable, 197 distinctive times.

Be a shame to waste it.

I’d be surprised if Bachmann aren’t already planning a production HST. Their spokesman talked more about the production sets than the prototypes during the presentation 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Not to me they aren't.....

As I'm saying, it's all down to opinion.

Not really fitting the definition of iconic then 😉 Icons are widely known and recognised by many groups so not just personal opinion. Something can be iconic but not widely popular. The Delorean became iconic due to the BttF films, Great Bear would be just another loco to most like the A4’s. Flying Scotsman is iconic due to its name really not its actual appearance, but the name has that wide multi group recognition. HST’s are iconic because the shape is widely recognised as the face of modernisation in publicity for many years and still widely recognised outside the hobby as a high speed train even if they couldn’t tell you what type it is. 

2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

When the BBC uses this icon for their travel page I think maybe it counts as iconic?

image.png.f96ff47c72f41a3f3e4b352fb6ca7c27.png

Ah. That must mean the Pacers are the most "iconic" train ever as they've probably got more mentions on the BBC than any other train. 😛

As an aside wasn't the travel page discontinued about ten years ago?

• Funny 2

On 27/06/2023 at 14:01, AY Mod said:

Leeman Road Will be truncated and the future I ate shows no roads within the railway-bounded zone. Good luck with the Tesco/Just Eat delivery etc. if you buy a flat there.

There will be an access road from Water Lane into the site, they're building the bridge for it now across Severus Curve. It just won't feed traffic into the comedy inner ring road like Leeman Rd currently does. 

I just hope the NRM uses the extra space wisely, half the Peter Allen building feels empty since their last Grand Expansion Project fell through  

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Ah. That must mean the Pacers are the most "iconic" train ever as they've probably got more mentions on the BBC than any other train. 😛

Sadly yes as it was most useful. I still have the image from when I've used it on a similar post before. It may be dead on the BBC but a part of it lives on on my computer 😇

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I’d class a pacer as iconic…

Pacers replaced 1st Gen DMUs, which were more utility than Iconic

1st Gen DMUs replaced various 2-6-2 and 2-6-4s that no one normal could identify

Those tank engines replaced a motley collection of pregrouping types that even enthusiasts have forgotten.

But Pacers would probably pass the Pepsi challenge, albeit infamously.

Edited by adb968008

Hi All,

Given time, I would surprised if a 2 pack (driver & dummy car) are not produced. After all, it would be a shame not to use that tooling again & Locomotion Models/NRM are famed for different types of re-releases of the same/similar stock.

Tricky bit for Bachmann currently, could be the MK3 coaches unless there is some further development being undertaken here as well…..

I guess we will have to wait & see.

Edited by Going2theDogs

4 hours ago, Going2theDogs said:

Hi All,

Given time, I would surprised if a 2 pack (driver & dummy car) are not produced. After all, it would be a shame not to use that tooling again & Locomotion Models/NRM are famed for different types of re-releases of the same/similar stock.

Tricky bit for Bachmann currently, could be the MK3 coaches unless there is some further development being undertaken here as well…..

I guess we will have to wait & see.

Sounds like an opportunity for Oxford Rail.