Help Accurascale Raise £10,000 For Charity With Our Exclusive Class 66

Whilst I applaud this initiative (I lost my father to PC a few years ago) is it not unfair that A/S are providing the donation out of their profits - would it not perhaps be better if there was a slight premium added to the cost so the public were funding the donation. Say make 2,000 exclusive models and add £5. Just a thought if this is going to be an ongoing situation.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Graham108 said:

Whilst I applaud this initiative (I lost my father to PC a few years ago) is it not unfair that A/S are providing the donation out of their profits - would it not perhaps be better if there was a slight premium added to the cost so the public were funding the donation. Say make 2,000 exclusive models and add £5. Just a thought if this is going to be an ongoing situation.

As an exclusive model the margins are higher so it’s something we can keep simple end to end. This way the customer and the charity win and there will be information on the charity and how to donate privately in with the model too!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

20 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Charity is giving up something that is yours to help others. 

Adding a premium on and donating that, whilst good, is not strictly charity.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Would you folks like to see more of these initiatives from us? Please let us know!

Im sure the Accurascale army would be up for any good cause,i kind of feel with this you gave us something we all wanted and it helped something we can all relate too,thanks Fran.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Eric,

Indeed, thanks to everyone who put in a preorder to support this! We will publish the “final score” when the stock arrives but we’re delighted where we ended up!

Would you folks like to see more of these initiatives from us? Please let us know!

Cheers!

Fran

I think to see more like this is a given! A more unique example of the class and it benefits a good cause - what’s not to like? A win win really!

• Thanks 1

Just seen this - not my chosen era, but such a good cause and a cracking model that as I read the earlier part of the thread I was thinking “why not?!” Of course, it’s sold out.

Hornby did a run of ‘Captain Tom Moore’ for the NHS Charities - if there isn’t a licensing issue, would that be a good one for Accurascale to produce? I would rather purchase one from Accurascale and know a donation was going to charity than pay over-the-odds for a Hornby version on eBay, where all the funds are going into the seller’s pocket!

Another suggestion would be for Alzheimer’s Research - sadly, far too many modellers will also succumb to that awful condition.

Steve S

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Just seen this - not my chosen era, but such a good cause and a cracking model that as I read the earlier part of the thread I was thinking “why not?!” Of course, it’s sold out.

Hornby did a run of ‘Captain Tom Moore’ for the NHS Charities - if there isn’t a licensing issue, would that be a good one for Accurascale to produce? I would rather purchase one from Accurascale and know a donation was going to charity than pay over-the-odds for a Hornby version on eBay, where all the funds are going into the seller’s pocket!

Another suggestion would be for Alzheimer’s Research - sadly, far too many modellers will also succumb to that awful condition.

Steve S

Captain Tom Moore's charity has very sadly been taken over by family greed (allegedly) and I do not think it is accepting any more donations.

Remember though, you don't need to buy a model loco to make a charitable donation, could even donate the cost of a loco to your favourite charity!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Steve S

i forgot about the NHS one smh, 

Bachmann also did it so im sure gbrf and nhs etc would not mind if some one else like accurascale did it as a charity loco more money to the NHS? win for them and win for accurascale 

3 hours ago, NBL said:

Captain Tom Moore's charity has very sadly been taken over by family greed (allegedly) and I do not think it is accepting any more donations.

i agree even tho allegedly like you said, but im sure Bachmann donated to the NHS and not to scaptain tom Moore charity???

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

16 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Steve S

Perhaps, but Bachmann has loads of 66731 it's dumped and with the alligations about Sir Captain Tom's charity since his passing, it may not be wholly appropriate.   The way to get around it of course, is to go it in his honor as a Collectors piece, perhaps with replicas of his medals and make a donation to NHS Charities directly, from Accurascale and it's customer's in honor of the great man. 

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Steve S

The Alzheimer’s society is actually GBRfs current charity partner

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk

They’ve not painted or named a loco as yet but there’s time and I’ve got no doubt there’s going to be something in the pipeline 

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1