Paxton Road - 1990 Speedlink in 500mm of British N…

3C94A460-4259-4AF8-B788-BFF5C72A581E.jpe

I’m pleased to share that the layout will be on display at the Llangollen Railway diesel gala on Saturday 16th September, all day, in the waiting room on the platform at Corwen station.

If you’re heading to that I’d love to see you and share my enthusiasm for the hobby, scale and small cameo layouts in general!

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

It's great to see you posting on here again James. I've been reading through your blog since getting your 'Small layout design handbook' and there's some really inspiring stuff there, but seeing these closeups here (plus Lochdubh on your blog) definitely shows how good modern N gauge is.

Not doing my procrastination any good! 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

One thing I have noticed is that whilst certain locomotives settle in, others just don’t feel right…

78CFB9AE-E245-42F7-B299-1EBD337989BD.jpe

7DE5AE43-5D4B-49C2-B175-B186567A295C.jpe

43657D3B-28D9-4749-AB10-6DEC7D343E4F.jpe

There was nothing inherently wrong with any of these, I was most disappointed I think when the DB 66 wasn’t as smooth and quiet as I had hoped because it was purchased for my new ‘modern’ era. They all found a new home quickly…

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, James Hilton said:

Thank you Rich.

I don’t intend to make a habit of posting here, but am trying to up the visibility of these N layouts I’m working on because of the promise I think the scale holds.

Does that mean we'll see Lochbubh and perhaps Gerald Road here as well?

• RMweb Gold

I am no expert on the layouts 'out there', but this looks stunning to me.  The figures are wonderful.  I can not wait to get home to-night and watch your You Tube videos.  Thanks for posting this thread.

P.s. I love the 'Panoramic' picture of Saturday, 21.30.

Edited by C126

15 minutes ago, C126 said:

I am no expert on the layouts 'out there', but this looks stunning to me.  The figures are wonderful.  I can not wait to get home to-night and watch your You Tube videos.  Thanks for posting this thread.

P.s. I love the 'Panoramic' picture of Saturday, 21.30.

1 hour ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi James this is a super micro layout you have modelled, brilliant work👍

Thanks both, and to all who have stopped by to like the posts. If you enjoy the videos please consider subscribing to the channel. 

As I mentioned - my blog is updated daily with personal projects and commissions, and makes, I’m told, a good coffee break read - obviously always happy to oblige!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, James Hilton said:

One thing I have noticed is that whilst certain locomotives settle in, others just don’t feel right…

I’d love to see you tackle one of the NGS Hunslets.

Love all of this (as you know from Instagram!)