Paxton Road - 1990 Speedlink in 500mm of British N…

• 2 weeks later...

Although these models are destined for a different N gauge layout, I'll post the photos here because they are posed on Paxton Road!

IMG_1726.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

The 'new' project is a current day setting inspired by the likes of AV Dawson - there is a bit more on my blog about it:

https://paxton-road.blogspot.com/2023/08/prototype-parallels-two.html

https://paxton-road.blogspot.com/2023/10/expansion-at-albion-yard-n-part-59.html

• Like 16

• 2 weeks later...

A rare visitor to the yard, the 26 weren’t fitted with air brakes until after refurbishment so this short trip working with bonded Whisky in a pair of VEA wagons must be running as unfitted and the brake van parked beyond the bridge…

IMG_1949.jpeg

I keep thinking ‘I must build a replacement’ for the layout but it’s form perfectly suits my butterfly mind and Speedlink era wagon collection! The 26 is a new arrival for Lochdubh - more on that another time, but there is a a video of that on my YouTube channel.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

A rare visitor to the yard, the 26 weren’t fitted with air brakes until after refurbishment so this short trip working with bonded Whisky in a pair of VEA wagons must be running as unfitted and the brake van parked beyond the bridge…

IMG_1949.jpeg

I keep thinking ‘I must build a replacement’ for the layout but it’s form perfectly suits my butterfly mind and Speedlink era wagon collection! The 26 is a new arrival for Lochdubh - more on that another time, but there is a a video of that on my YouTube channel.

Wonderful.  I still can not believe this is 2mm:1ft when I see the pictures.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/11/2023 at 22:43, jonhinds said:

Having just discovered this layout I’m absolutely in awe. I spent a page and a half thinking it was OO before the penny finally dropped!

Jon that is very kind, it was a humble experiment, a toe dipping exercise in N. Plain track only, an excuse to try British Finescale bullhead, an opportunity to show case how good modern N ready to run models can be with just a sympathetic weathering and DG couplings. Despite its simplicity is continues to delight.

Edited by James Hilton
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, richierich said:

TPM did a VCA and VDA body kit to fit a Farish VAA chassis. But these kits are sadly long out of production as far as I know. I did manage to pick up a pair of VDAs off eBay some time ago. 

The VCA and VDA bodies are now available from the NGS (along with the former TPM POA, limpet, PTA and Russell coal container. You'll need to find a Farish OAA or VAA as a chassis donor as the NGS haven't managed to convince Bachmann to make a batch of the chassis.

I'm hoping Rapido follow on the OAA with the air braked Speedlink vans.

Steven B 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Steven B said:

The VCA and VDA bodies are now available from the NGS (along with the former TPM POA, limpet, PTA and Russell coal container. You'll need to find a Farish OAA or VAA as a chassis donor as the NGS haven't managed to convince Bachmann to make a batch of the chassis.

I'm hoping Rapido follow on the OAA with the air braked Speedlink vans.

Steven B 

Hi

The 2mm Scale Association do a suitable chassis for these vans but you need to be a member to purchase them.

Cheers

Paul

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2023 at 11:04, James Hilton said:

Is anyone sick of Class 08 yet?

Of course not - in fact, the 08-shunters were the first British locos that conquered my heart in the 1980s.

There are certain classes that looked strange for me - but 08s, 37s and the like are just great.  :-)

Regards

SF

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1