English Electric DP1 Re-run

E100

• RMweb Premium

Had this email from Locomotion as part of the day 12 of the 12 Day's of Locomotion Models.

New Exclusive OO-Gauge Model Announcement: Locomotion Models is pleased to announce the re-release of one of our most popular models.

English Electric DP1

Two versions of this model will be available. The first representing DP1 in the condition it was in service on the East Coast Main Line, and the other accurately portraying the preserved condition of the locomotive as seen as part of the National Collection.  These exclusive OO-gauge models are being produced by Bachmann. Both DCC Ready and Sound Fitted versions will be available at £199.95 and £299.95 respectively and can be reserved on our website with a £30 deposit today. 

An interesting announcement in the context of the Hornby Dublo version but understandable in wanting to get the most out of the tooling though it would be assumed that Hornby did get access for their model. I didn't get the Bachmann iteration as I wasn't in the hobby and I've pre-ordered a Hornby example and currently don't plan to switch as with sound the price difference isn't all that much once retailer discount is taken into account and the metal body and working fans are a nice extra.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/12/2023 at 18:56, Bucoops said:

Very interesting as it was only relatively recently that they finally ran out of the first batch.

Good price though - significantly undercuts the HD model and the sound version will no doubt be a full fat ESU or Zimo as opposed to TXS.  Also likely to be available a lot sooner.  

• Agree 1

On 24/12/2023 at 18:20, E100 said:

Had this email from Locomotion as part of the day 12 of the 12 Day's of Locomotion Models.

New Exclusive OO-Gauge Model Announcement: Locomotion Models is pleased to announce the re-release of one of our most popular models.

English Electric DP1

Two versions of this model will be available. The first representing DP1 in the condition it was in service on the East Coast Main Line, and the other accurately portraying the preserved condition of the locomotive as seen as part of the National Collection.  These exclusive OO-gauge models are being produced by Bachmann. Both DCC Ready and Sound Fitted versions will be available at £199.95 and £299.95 respectively and can be reserved on our website with a £30 deposit today. 

Their web site refers to three versions - West Coast (out of stock but check back soon), East Coast and As preserved (both pre-orders).

Apart from the preserved version being a non-runner (!) what's the difference between the 3 versions?

20 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Their web site refers to three versions - West Coast (out of stock but check back soon), East Coast and As preserved (both pre-orders).

Apart from the preserved version being a non-runner (!) what's the difference between the 3 versions?

Can't see the West Coast version mentioned at all.

There was differences, ISTR they were pointed out in the previous thread, I think it was mostly the livery with the original and preserved versions being a bit darker. I believe the preserved version is a bit of a hybrid being the ECML era version in WCML livery.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• 1 month later...