Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2024

didcot

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Will be interesting when it comes to tactics as the team should now favour Russsel unless Hamilton darts out of the blocks in race one.

The question is how will Ferrari behave this year if the Ferrari is not looking like beating Max and Lewis is looking racy. Will they go all tactical to try to make sure they have number 1 on their car for 2025. Ok, it would be 44, but you know what I mean 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JZ said:

ScotRail were quick to react to Lewis Hamilton joining Ferrari.

417538590_7468810679807297_2062442158794213939_n.jpg.6f09672eac20a7a5ecb90fd2ec78d01e.jpg

Does the symbol on the front indicate that the unit is "driver powered"?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, JZ said:

417538590_7468810679807297_2062442158794213939_n.jpg.6f09672eac20a7a5ecb90fd2ec78d01e.jpg

Even did the unit number, solid effort to their social media team!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

Its a year of Portents to be sure.

• Warley exhibitition cancelled for good
  • Hattons shuts up shop
  • Hamilton leaves Mercedes for Ferrari

One can only ask, WHAT NEXT?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

One can only ask, WHAT NEXT?

I get a long overdue payrise!

Jacob Rees Smug is the next Prime Minister. More likely than a payrise.

Gunther Steiner replaces Ben Sulayem as FIA President. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 minutes ago, didcot said:

I get a long overdue payrise!

Jacob Rees Smug is the next Prime Minister. More likely than a payrise.

Gunther Steiner replaces Ben Sulayem as FIA President. 

You forgot, = Haas leading Drivers and Constructers Championships after the first 3 Races. 

Oh and Alonso asks to replace The Hulk as he has never had a Black and Red Race suit.

• Like 3

So, 25?

Toto steps down and sells his Shares in Merc.

Albon to Merc.

Aston Martin SOLD to Saudi Co.

Alonso and Stroll Jnr retire.

Sainz to Aston.

Perez to Aston.

Haas SOLD to Andettie.

McLaren and Ferrari battle for the Championships with

Williams 3rd

RB 4th

MAX THROWS HIS TOYS OUT OF THE PRAM AND CALLS IT A DAY.

• Round of applause 1

This is Formula 1  · 

Follow

· 

Breaking News: Red Bull and Aston Martin are reportedly eyeing Carlos Sainz for the 2025 season.

- Italian press suggests that if Sainz doesn't renew with Ferrari, Red Bull is open to replacing Checo Pérez, and Aston Martin is also interested.

- Sauber (Audi in 2026) doesn't plan to keep Bottas and Zhou beyond 2024, and Andreas Seidl, who Carlos previously worked with at McLaren, would welcome Sainz to the team.

image.png.f63709c0fcd760f848ad39ac12b32f1d.png

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, JZ said:

My sister in laws sister - “Ferrari should have kept Carlos over Charles because he’s the better driver and he got them the win last year” 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 01/02/2024 at 09:05, Andrew P said:

O.K. So my question is this = If LH REALLY wanted to move, why would he announce it so early? It would make no sense, and deprive him of internal knowledge, and the emphasis would switch to GR if a championship was to be decided between the two of them. I really cant see any logic. 

BUT, BUT BUT I was wrong when I said he SHOULD NOT leave McLaren. 

It was probably leaked as soon as Lewis/his mgmt told Merc that he was gone and Ferrari/Merc had to confirm it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 31/01/2024 at 10:53, didcot said:

Screenshot_20240131-154707_WhatsApp.jpg.dfad9d2672192951742512824cfd6afb.jpg

I had to crop the picture due to the swearing from my eldest, but he was correct in his analysis. All that time and money for what?

It's interesting that FOM deemed Andretti 'not competitive enough' when the FIA approved the entry and the FIA is the one who is enforces the sporting regulations. FOM can't make sporting decisions.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 01/02/2024 at 16:05, woodenhead said:

And does Sainz delay any decision till he sees what AM and RB have for 2024.  Though I expect Ricciardo to be at RB in 25 but Sainz might be good for Mercedes 

The real quandary for RB is for 2025 - they would want a driver whose good enough to challenge Leclerc and Hamilton but not good enough to challenge Max - that's a difficult ask. Hopefully Danny Ric is up to the task.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 01/02/2024 at 06:47, Pete the Elaner said:

Why would he want to do that? He has nothing to gain. He has plenty of money & should know by now that Ferrari is never the place to be for a world title. Their management structure has been incapable of supporting a winning team since Jean Todt left & shows no sign of improving in the near future.

Mercedes finished above Ferrari in 2023 & he finished above both of their drivers, even though the general feeling is that Mercedes had a bad year.

There has ben a constant stream of F1 trash in the media this winter. It seems to be getting worse each year, with many stories being repeated from years ago without acknowledging they are recycled.

I will not believe anything until I see pre-season testing & even then, there will be updates before the first race.

From the rumours I've seen:

Lewis wanted a 3 year contract for the F1 team and ambassadorship until 2035 with Merc, but the Merc board refused it (offering a 1+1 year contract). They didn’t anticipate John Elkann (President of Fiat/Stellantis), who apparently only made this last approach a few weeks ago. Ferrari offered Hamilton huge money 100M per year and a 3 year deal plus funding for all his projects (including Mission 44), and Elkann offered him a 250 million fund that he and Lewis will jointly own to invest in Lewis’ brand. Basically making him a sports franchise of his own. Between deals, royalties and likely investments in sports teams, Lewis will probably end up a billionaire out of this deal.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, OnTheBranchline said:

It's interesting that FOM deemed Andretti 'not competitive enough' when the FIA approved the entry and the FIA is the one who is enforces the sporting regulations. FOM can't make sporting decisions.

My reading is that FOM didn't want another team just using an existing supplier's engine. Adding value, in their terms, means a whole new package. Thus if GM commit to making a compliant engine, Andretti might pass muster. Let's not forget in recent years we have had some distinctly lacklustre engines from major names - this is hyper-hyper-tech! At one time AM were going to produce their own engine, but they have nothing like the resources to do that and be competitive, when at times even Honda and Renault have been producing down-on-power units. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3