The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2024

didcot

• RMweb Premium

I hope this results in Joss being banned from the RB garages. It seems the more probable outcome. I would be interested to see what Max does once distanced from that influence.

I see that some here are referencing the messages but I note that the UK media are not even hinting at the content. I got the distinct impression there is a strong suspicion that they are made up. Given footballers texts get plastered everywhere there must be some serious doubts about what has been shared.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, SR71 said:

I see that some here are referencing the messages but I note that the UK media are not even hinting at the content. I got the distinct impression there is a strong suspicion that they are made up. Given footballers texts get plastered everywhere there must be some serious doubts about what has been shared.

Or Karen has had an injunction put in place.

• Like 1

According to Motorsport, numerous top-level employees at Red Bull, including Adrian Newey, reportedly have clauses in their contracts permitting them to depart if Christian Horner departs.

Additionally, it wouldn't be unexpected if a similar clause existed in Max Verstappen's contract.

They further assert that Jos Verstappen and Toto Wolff met multiple times over the weekend, including during a working dinner on Friday evening.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

On 03/03/2024 at 09:44, Gareth Collier said:

Apart from Sainz not giving a stuff about team orders and going hell for leather it looks like this season could be a carbon copy of last. Liberty Media may not be too happy about that as viewers switch off around the world.

All that can be hoped for is RB self destructing.

Now there are more allegations concerning Mohammed Ben Sulayem

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

The irony is that F1 is currently all over the media, for reasons entirely unconnected with any excitement on the racetrack.

Edited by andyman7
Spelling
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Now there are more allegations concerning Mohammed Benn Sulayem

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

The irony is that F1 is currently all over the media, for reasons entirely unconnected with any excitement on the racetrack.

Irony? This is a Godsend! With Max the Axe carrying on where he left off, Liberty will be thanking their lucky stars for all the column inches!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Senior Alpine staff resign after poor start to new F1 season.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/39652175/senior-alpine-staff-resign-poor-start-new-f1-season

Most telling part of that article;

"The Renault engine is at a 20 to 30 horsepower disadvantage to rivals, according to the governing FIA, with development frozen until 2026 when a new power unit is introduced."

It's like hosing down the 100m track, but one countries lane only, by regulation at every event.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Seems like MORE corruption now than in the Ecclesbum era. 🤣

I was just typing the same.  Just to think that not long ago we thought things were bad in the F1 world under the influence of Bernie E and Max M.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Seems like MORE corruption now than in the Ecclesbum era. 🤣

They're just more amateur these days and are so rich they perhaps no longer care.

It's no better than FIFA

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I suspect the post of FIA President suffers from a shortage of candidates. How else to explain, in the era of equal opportunities, the appointment of someone from a part of the world where human life is worth about as much as a Green-Shield stamp, women are second class citizens at best, and corruption and privilege rule? 

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I suspect the post of FIA President suffers from a shortage of candidates. How else to explain, in the era of equal opportunities, the appointment of someone from a part of the world where human life is worth about as much as a Green-Shield stamp, women are second class citizens at best, and corruption and privilege rule? 

Candidates must have loadsamoney*?

* Excessively so.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2024 at 17:22, woodenhead said:

The only bad thing I know about junior is that he is aggressive on the track but that doesn't translate he is the same off the track.

I see nothing to suggest he is aggressive off track.

His driving is a result of what has been permitted. Any competitor will push until something stops them. In F1's case, it would be losing control of the car & with it, lap time, or being penalised. Lack of a penalty for a driving incident/trick/style is effectively an approval to do the same again.

• Agree 3

Quite sensible. I wonder in the future we'll see injuries coming through in the top drivers like we have in Rugby and Football (and Boxing).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3