Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

LB&SCR "Country House" stations.

Good shout, John, so my vote too. 17 of them, designed as a sort of template, by the architect T.H.Myres, of Preston, Lancs, and which multiple contractors interpreted according to site needs. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Oldddudders said:

Good shout, John, so my vote too. 17 of them, designed as a sort of template, by the architect T.H.Myres, of Preston, Lancs, and which multiple contractors interpreted according to site needs. 

I’ll go with that as well. Possibly brainwashed by numerous visits to the Bluebell Railway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, David Bell said:

I will go with the island platform stations of the Cathcart Circle in Glasgow, built by the Cathcart District  Railway (substantially owned by the Caledonian Railway who operated the line). In 1985 I lived in the tenement in Torrisdale Street that overlooks Queen's Park station.

In 1979 I lived in Queen's Drive. Our local was the Fotheringay - was that still going when you were there?

25 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

In 1979 I lived in Queen's Drive. Our local was the Fotheringay - was that still going when you were there?

I think it was still there. I was a young pup lawyer then and we used to do all the licensing for Tennent Caledonian and I am pretty sure that was one of their pubs. So I would have visited it in a professional capacity!  (Along with all the other  TCB pubs in Glasgow)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

It has to be some type of Midland Railway coach, as there are so many good choices it is hard to say which is the best but I will for today's poll agree with Graham.

Midland Railway clerestory stock

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

I’ll go with that one as well . There always seemed to me to  be something rather tasteful about  MR trains in the late 19th century, even though they seemed to get left behind a bit  later on.

• Agree 1