Peterborough North

great northern

I have to say Ex-Oke- Plym as well. I like to think of that route as Unrebuilt Bullied Pacific’s and T9’s but if we are talking about the latest generation of DMUs , ( the ones that look like space ships) , coupled with a few route improvements it could be a viable proposition , although I’d still rather do the route behind a Bullied or T9

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, great northern said:

And a final look at 60016, soon to be under the bridge and away.

1816007018_3163.JPG.b52d07c744335f66e51e26228e5a8d8f.JPG

Now, which of those three views do you prefer?  I shall remember when up this end in future. Well, I might, anyway.

First one matey.

P

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, great northern said:

Now, which of those three views do you prefer?  I shall remember when up this end in future. Well, I might, anyway.

The first one. Engine on the golden section and plenty of other interest which doesn't compete for attention.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Overwhelming votes in favour of Exeter Okehampton Bere Alston Plymouth, so that definitely qualifies as the most short sighted decision.

Today, the counties of Somerset and Dorset, and I'll add in Wiltshire as well.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, great northern said:

Overwhelming votes in favour of Exeter Okehampton Bere Alston Plymouth, so that definitely qualifies as the most short sighted decision.

Forget Wiltshire - Somerset and Dorset will do!

6 minutes ago, great northern said:

... which I guess will spark the inevitable question as to whether the S&D was a short-sighted / stupid closure or (coldly) a hopeless case? Personally, I find that one very difficult to call, partly because it's not really my part of the world and I don't know much about the economic aspects of the railway.

Is Lyme Regis in Somerset, Dorset or Wiltshire? That seems like a nice place not to have a railway.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Another vote here for the Somerset and Dorset, preferably including the branch to Highbridge and the ex Midland line to Mangotsfield for Bristol and Gloucester.

However, I hope Gilbert can be persuaded to revisit Wiltshire, before going on to Hampshire, as there were two particular contenders for much-missed lines;

- The GWR line from Patney and Chirton, through Devizes, to Bradford on Avon and Bath.

- The Midland and South Western line from Cheltenham to Andover - and points south.

Regards

Chris H

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Too many choices in those three counties Gilbert but I  can never understand why BR closed Taunton - Minehead. I appreciate the preserved line - it is one of my favourites - but in my view it was a very short sighted closure.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, great northern said:

And a final look at 60016, soon to be under the bridge and away.

1816007018_3163.JPG.b52d07c744335f66e51e26228e5a8d8f.JPG

The coal doesn’t seem to be piled very high in Silver Kings tender.  Were the P&D crew in the pub when they should have been getting this one ready ?:P

• Like 1