Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

I would have thought that it was perfectly clear that the unfortunate young lady just got a bit too close to the running lines, and the draught created by 60022 speeding by blew off all her clothes. Goodness knows how long Mr Duck had to trawl the internet to find that photo, no wonder he never gets any modelling done. :nono: Or was he perhaps the photographer himself? Why is there no "lecherous" emoticon?

• Like 4

Mr. Duck allegedly tried to engage the naked lady in a conversation about Gresley, but she was reluctant to discuss conjugated motion, merely saying he should see a doctor if the symptoms persist, and flatly refused to be drawn on the subject of his middle big end.....

• Like 1

his middle big end.....

I heard it had a tendency to overwork at high speed and could suddenly leak uncontrollably......

Now look what you've done, Phil.  Gilbert, cuff this thread about the head and bring it back on topic before we all get Moderated!

• RMweb Premium

Apologies. I usually only disrupt A Nod to Brent. If that was Mrs Mallard, rest assured,  I'd not be posting on here at any time.

This is Mrs Mallard; looks remarkably like Mallard. She has just finished shopping at 36A and is about to run back to 36E.

post-2326-0-08381900-1406794001.jpg

P

Apologies. I usually only disrupt A Nod to Brent. If that was Mrs Mallard, rest assured,  I'd not be posting on here at any time.

This is Mrs Mallard; looks remarkably like Mallard. She has just finished shopping at 36A and is about to run back to 36E.

attachicon.gifMallard.jpg

P

Phil it was clearly a case of Mis-information on my part and I bow to your superior knowledge of Mrs Mallard. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I forgot this one;

it's the Buffet scene when one of Gilbert's mates was found to have fudged a Scottish A2......

post-2326-0-46216300-1406818908.jpg

...no hiding place for fudgers at PN in 1958.

You will be pleased to hear that no damage was done to cakes during this awful incident and that G's mate was forgiven but not allowed on the next Shed bash.....

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've missed out on most of this frivolity, as the PC has been covered up while decorating is in progress, but I'm back in business over the weekend. No further comment on Mr Duck's motions, but I will respond to the questions about a C1. Being somewhat serious for once, I find it hard to contemplate not acquiring a model of one of the most iconic ECML classes. Nothing to do with locoholism, and I know full well that I can't justify one if I stick to my 1958ish plans, but I really do feel that I should have an example of this very famous class now that one is to be available, and of course if I get one I shall have to run it.

We come then to the big question, which one?  251 on running in turns for a surprisingly unreported 1958 railtour? Or the black one, which like my J3 has somehow escaped the cutter's torch?  And the apple green one will look absolutely lovely. Did some wealthy enthusiast get one put together from all the various parts littered round the Plant, and decide to have it in that livery? He would also have to live in or near Peterborough, and somehow get it used on local trains. This is where locoholism rears its head again. Write 1000 times, I must not order all three, I must not order all three...............

Edited by great northern

• RMweb Gold

I've missed out on most of this frivolity, as the PC has been covered up while decorating is in progress, but I'm back in business over the weekend. No further comment on Mr Duck's motions, but I will respond to the questions about a C1. Being somewhat serious for once, I find it hard to contemplate not acquiring a model of one of the most iconic ECML classes. Nothing to do with locoholism, and I know full well that I can't justify one if I stick to my 1958ish plans, but I really do feel that I should have an example of this very famous class now that one is to be available, and of course if I get one I shall have to run it.

We come then to the big question, which one?  251 on running in turns for a surprisingly unreported 1958 railtour? Or the black one, which like my J3 has somehow escaped the cutter's torch?  And the apple green one will look absolutely lovely. Did some wealthy enthusiast get one put together from all the various parts littered round the Plant, and decide to have it in that livery? He would also have to live in or near Peterborough, and somehow get it used on local trains. This is where locoholism rears its head again. Write 1000 times, I must not order all three, I must not order all three...............

I have, and I don't even model the East Coast (the NRM 'Exclusives' are my one model railway 'off piste' collecting indulgence, and 251 is booked already as a [the?] Christmas present from Mrs Stationmaster, which helps a lot!).

62822 or even 62818 would be quite appropriate as they lasted until the turn of the fifties.  62822 was a Lincolnshire local, based in Grantham and regularly seen in Boston, Skegness and south Lincolnshire-it certainly would not look out of place in Peterborough.  62818 worked into Lincoln from Sheffield, and that is near enough, in my opinion to justify it's presence in Peterborough.  Let's look forward to the models appearing! 

• RMweb Premium

To clarify matters, 1959 was when I was shedded at 83D and in Class 1N (N = numpties) at DHS for Boys (next to Devonport Kings Road BRSR; 30183 Yard Pilot) and my train spotting started in earnest. Sadly it was also the year that the Warships and Bog Carts began to invade....pah!

Not quite sure what else Cutler was intimating unless it was when 'other things' began to distract him from railways or his fave loco was scrapped?

P

To clarify matters, 1959 was when I was shedded at 83D and in Class 1N (N = numpties) at DHS for Boys (next to Devonport Kings Road BRSR; 30183 Yard Pilot) and my train spotting started in earnest. Sadly it was also the year that the Warships and Bog Carts began to invade....pah!

Not quite sure what else Cutler was intimating unless it was when 'other things' began to distract him from railways or his fave loco was scrapped?

P

I assumed that you were implying it was your year of Birth Phil, did not realise you were nearly as Old as me another Gentleman who posts on this topic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

1947 mate. I just saw pre Nationalisation GWR and LSWR stuff at Devonport Junction according to my late Dad.

In 1953 was when I first remember going up to Consett by train from Plymouth. However I can't remember the route but I am fairly sure it was via Bristol.

P

• Like 1