Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Off soon to a golf club which has a notice in the clubhouse stating "If you leave your clubs on view in your car, they will be stolen." Hardly a good advert?

Gilbert,

Are you sure you haven't left 5 words out.

:jester:  :jester:             "By one our Members"   :jester: :jester:

Coat, Hat exit.

They wouldn't get a chance. Manton estate is just down the road. That might tell someone where I've been.

• RMweb Premium

I've been racking my brains to get a handle on what makes these photos so realistic, and have come to the conclusion that it is a lot to do with the really good quality track, though that's not the only thing, but as with most layout photos my eye goes to the track first, and to the locos, stock, and everything else.

Nice work there Gilbert.

Regards

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

........ and W######p College just up the hill!!!!!!! 

Anyway G I do hope the tee was warm.  

Chip Offthegreen.

Local knowledge pays off, Phil. I've always thought it a strange juxtaposition,(today's long word), to have a rough council estate within stone throwing distance of a rather posh place of education. There's still a choice of two golf clubs though, which one are you going for?

Local knowledge pays off, Phil. I've always thought it a strange juxtaposition,(today's long word), to have a rough council estate within stone throwing distance of a rather posh place of education. There's still a choice of two golf clubs though, which one are you going for?

My bet would be the one near the cemetery i.e  Worksop Golf Club..

I don't like to boast about my Golf Handicap, but I have just returned from walking the Black & White Mutt through Belton Park which is alongside Belton Park Golf Club and the setting is truly amazing. He obviously needs to be on his lead as there are sheep in the park and on the Golf Course are hundreds of Deer.They seem totally oblivious to golf balls flying at them at a rate of knots. Tranquility.

Edited by CUTLER2579

• RMweb Premium

My bet would be the one near the cemetery i.e  Worksop Golf Club..

The one next to the by pass that always seems empty?

N. Faldo

Worksop GC is now surrounded by high steel fencing, or at least the car park area is. The one I went to doesn't have any discernable security, just that notice.

• RMweb Premium

I don't like to boast about my Golf Handicap, but I have just returned from walking the Black & White Mutt through Belton Park which is alongside Belton Park Golf Club and the setting is truly amazing. He obviously needs to be on his lead as there are sheep in the park and on the Golf Course are hundreds of Deer.They seem totally oblivious to golf balls flying at them at a rate of knots. Tranquility.

Very well behaved deer in Belton park Derek. They never seem to run across the greens, nor to get hit by errant golf balls. Don't go to Wollaton Park in the rutting season though, that really is frightening. I'm surprised Elf and Safety doesn't close the course down during that time.

• Like 1

You are not wrong Stuart.

attachicon.gifA3 nearer.JPG

These last two were an attempt to see if I actually can get the camera under the roof, and on the platform, as requested a while back, and I did manage to get the thing a bit further along. It does make exposures and focus rather trial and error though, as you can see. Worthwhile though, I think.

I am just imagining the racket under that roof as those sixteen tonners clatter along, especially if a brake handle has come unshipped and is flogging up and down, and the near silent approach of the Pacific with the regulator closed, suddenly punctuated with a shriek from the whistle to warn the photographer (who must be very close to the platform edge). Lovely photo!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

You think that was close?

post-98-0-34457200-1480758208_thumb.jpg

Doncaster has almost stopped though.

post-98-0-73101700-1480758295_thumb.jpg

The 01 though has only to pass under Spital Bridge, and swing across into the yards and its journey is done. It can then have a rest before taking its rostered return trip.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

I really like those under the roof shots - maybe a throwback to South Shields and Newcastle Central stations, where I spent too much not enough time as a young 'un.

I vividly remember the splendid Whitley Bay and also Tynemouth Stations from my few visits in 1960/1/2. Tynemouth retains much of its splendour (well buildings and platforms) I believe and often has art installations.

Phil