Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

That shot of Wild Swan curving in under the bridge, taken from the platform in your post before this last one, really shows how that curve looks totally believable from that angle. I don't know why that photo works for me, but it does!

Cheers

Tony

I have a lovely Neville Stead image which I'm trying to copy Tony, though I haven't cracked it yet. I may have another go later. It is encouraging, as it illustrates how severe the curve actually was, though not as bad as mine of course.

• RMweb Premium

Lovely photographs Gilbert but may I suggest you subscribe to " Serif Draw Plus " a simpler version of Photoshop where you can insert beautiful and most convincing backgrounds as with skies, fields, trees,  townscapes, anything in fact ?

Allan

Hi Allan,

You may not yet have reached the point in the thread where I finally and irrevocably painted myself into a corner. I have resolved that nothing will appear in any photograph of the layout that isn't actually there to be seen by a visitor, with the sole exception of a fairly neutral sky, so I'm very limited as to what I do with any photoshopping programme. Even if I could find photographs of the real thing I wouldn't use them, unless they were first transformed into a backscene that existed on the layout. Just me, I suppose.

• Like 2

Hi Gilbert.

Yes, I see your point, but perhaps a pleasant  sky back ground as you say could be forgiven in place of just white walls ?

BTW, I'm up to page 50 and, like a good book, I find it hard to put down but, 500 or more pages to go !!!!! Perhaps you should write a book  instead !

Best regards.

Allan

Edited by allan downes

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert.

Yes, I see your point, but perhaps a pleasant  sky back ground as you say could be forgiven in place of just white walls ?

BTW, I'm up to page 50 and, like a good book, I find it hard to put down but, 500 or more pages to go !!!!! Perhaps you should write a book  instead !

Best regards.

Allan

The white backgrounds are happening at present because of the light problems I get at this time of year. I shall go back to something with a bit of definition as soon as I can, but I'm very wary of bright background colours, having been educated by no less than Tony Wright. As to the number of pages, it has taken over six years to get here, and is largely down to all those who have followed the thread. It's not something I ever expected.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think that's learned speak for "I couldn't give a ...."

Actually Ian I did feel rather guilty, which is silly really as this bug is rife round here, and they may well not have got it from me.

Tonight we have a WD which has crept a little bit further. And an idiot who hit the wrong key. More to follow.

Edited by great northern

"....the 1230 Doncaster -KX was approaching behind a very shiny Top Shed V2."

But not just any old Top Shed V2. The doyen, the sole survivor, and a magic machine.

108-0801a700x381_zpsf4e32f0d.jpg

Will it ever run again? I was lucky to see it in its last weekend in steam and treasure the memory.

3861700x468_zps016a60b4.jpg

Seen in good company.

Chaz    :offtopic:

Edited by chaz
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

And an idiot who hit the wrong key. More to follow.

Don't worry, you are not alone, I did a similar thing when I updated my thread earlier - I wrote the first couple of lines of text, went to attach my photos and hit post instead...

Here, this isn't part of the "bug" is it? Does that mean I'm infected too? :O :o

Al.

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry, you are not alone, I did a similar thing when I updated my thread earlier - I wrote the first couple of lines of text, went to attach my photos and hit post instead...

Here, this isn't part of the "bug" is it? Does that mean I'm infected too? :O :o

Al.

No Al, in my case that is down to an entirely different condition. :senile:

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting a bit out of order again, but never mind. Here is what our man at the South end could see. Just about.

attachicon.gif800 roof.JPG

Considering I have to push the camera as far up to the roof as I can, guess the exposure, and hope, this worked out surprisingly well, I think.

I will not make any comment about shoving cameras as far up as possible.

I am enjoying the under roof shots these days, trains or no trains.

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Just a thought - certainly NOT a critism - for the under the roof shots, move to one side as though standing on the platform?

Stewart

I'd like to do that Stewart, but I have two problems. I can't get the camera under the roof and still be able to see the viewfinder, and if I place it as close as possible at the end of the platform there are posts and relay boxes in the way which are then both obtrusive and well out of focus. That's the case particularly when doing that shot from the South end. If I can find a way to get round it, I will.

The average human though would be able to stand right at the edge of the platform, which the camera can't do, so perhaps the view I show isn't too far out?