Peterborough North

great northern

Thanks, that would be a real help. The hanging section is the really delicate bit, and I lost one or two more as well, so I'm now out of spares. I'm not surprised there was a slight problem, as there often is with the first try at doing something like this. I'm delighted with them though.

Unfortunately just due to the style of lamp that was always going to be a weak spot, but I'll certainly see what I can do about it and I'm glad that you're so happy with them-I'll admit I often forget when looking at photos that I did them. They fit in to the scenes extremely well with your painting of them.

Anyhow I'll grab the file out and get it sorted for you in the next few weeks. I might consider opening them up for general sale as well if anyone else would be interested in a set?

Having realised that he would get nowhere with his polite requests, our man, properly armed with permit of course, moved along smartly to get a shot where only inanimate objects would interfere.

attachicon.gif50 3.JPG

Earlier, he, or perhaps one of his colleagues, had pointed the camera at the old shed yard once again.

attachicon.gif1850 yard.JPG

Thats a lovely patina on that A3.

• RMweb Premium

That Down Hull is a stopping train, and here is 60106 waiting to continue its journey.

post-98-0-76263600-1503607994_thumb.jpg

I managed to juggle the camera into position at the bottom of the ramp for this one, and I think it does help, but it is a bit risky, as it would be easy to damage something in the process.

I also did a shot of the hotel from a different angle.

post-98-0-75728700-1503608240_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Minor earthquake in Peterborough. No casualties reported.

It was in my railway room, actually. I thought I'd set a five second delay on the camera in case it wobbled a bit when I hit the button, but it hadn't worked. I thought I might get away with it. :no:

• RMweb Gold

I might have to do some modelling, but as I cut my finger yesterday that may be a bit restricted as well. Amazing how off putting a plaster on one finger can be.

At work, Duct tape is the preferred option, wound round the finger a minimum of 8 times to make doing things really awkward.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

At work, Duct tape is the preferred option, wound round the finger a minimum of 8 times to make doing things really awkward.

I have actully found some tape named Duck tape.....yes, honestly. Some wide double sided stuff I found in the Travis Perkins place up the road from me.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have actully found some tape named Duck tape.....yes, honestly. Some wide double sided stuff I found in the Travis Perkins place up the road from me.

Phil

I hope it does not restrict your movement too much. The progress up in the loft must not be hindered. I'm getting very envious, actually. Every time you mention that you have found yet another loco in your loft I ascend hopefully to search in mine, but I am always disappointed.

Phil

Always referred to as gaffa tape in my line of business! If you have a roll you hang onto it as it seems to grow legs in gig/performance situations.

Martyn

• RMweb Gold

Phil

Some might use it to bind up your keyboard fingers.... :mosking:

It's one of those products that uses a 'generic' name to market it, everyone I know calls it 'Duck tape' when it's actually 'Duct' and was used for taping up joins in Ductwork.  As Mullie says 'Gaffa' is the other name people use.

I find several layers wound around my models improves them no end.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Some might use it to bind up your keyboard fingers.... :mosking:

It's one of those products that uses a 'generic' name to market it, everyone I know calls it 'Duck tape' when it's actually 'Duct' and was used for taping up joins in Ductwork.  As Mullie says 'Gaffa' is the other name people use.

I find several layers wound around my models improves them no end.

Gaffa in the Theatre/Music Tech world, Duct in the building/roofing trade, Duck in the pond weed trade. :onthequiet:

I seem to remember several occasions when younger Stage Crew at Panto's I worked on used to get the gaffa treatment (don't ask)

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

I interrupt this magnificent thread in order to air my pet hates - UK TV audiences that go WOOOO ! after every other word the presenter makes in a burst of false surprise and excitement and American audiences that even WOOOO ! at their own shadow.

Pet hates aired. Please carry on.

Allan

• RMweb Premium

I interrupt this magnificent thread in order to air my pet hates - UK TV audiences that go WOOOO ! after every other word the presenter makes in a burst of false surprise and excitement and American audiences that even WOOOO ! at their own shadow.

Pet hates aired. Please carry on.

Allan

Bl##dy woooo wooo is another USAism that the people who can't help themselves have to do. Pi##es me off tooooooooooooo as does OMG. 

There, now I've let one off as well.

Phart.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

No inane american cousins at PN in 1958, I would think. Just lovely engines, and a lot of steam and smoke. I spent a bit of time the other day trying to restore the colour of some of the badly degraded ballast, but as I'm very wary of making things worse I started with one or two places tucked away in corners, and even there didn't get too heavy handed with the colour. This shot was really taken only to see how one of these trial patches looked, hence the out of focus loco.

post-98-0-15678200-1503695419_thumb.jpg

Slight improvement , I feel. We should have a proper photo too, really.

post-98-0-91494900-1503695579_thumb.jpg

It is getting on for 8.30pm now, and passenger traffic has slackened sufficiently for the flow of coal to the capital to start to increase. For some reason the discolouration of the ballast seems to have got suddenly worse, and it is getting off putting, don't you think?

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Gents

Seeing that you asked, it's starting to look as if your running your trains along the beach. Sorry but that's what it looks like.

manna

That sums it up very well. I've been having to reduce colour saturation for some time to remove the worst of it, but I have to bite the bullet now and get it put right., The problem of course is that if it isn't done properly it will make the whole thing look even worse.