Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Revolution announce 320/321 in 00

newbryford

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, mken1861 said:

The issue is not about giving a couple of decoders the same address or creating a consist...      ...it's about some of us reaching the limit on our controller in relation to the number of chips the system can support.

By not needing decoders in unmotorised units, you can shunt them in the fiddleyard; and be able to add only a single decoder onto the controller.

For me, if I were to buy three motorised units, then I would exceed the capacity of my control system. Therefore, i would need to buy a new control system, which is a huge unwanted cost.

Taking a system design approach, I'm not looking for a cheaper four car 321, but a solution that I can run/shunt as a 12 car set with one decoder! 😀

Note: I'm also wanting to ensure that @Revolution Ben can stay in business and provide us with more great models! Hence supportive of @ruggedpeak's comments about designing in the lack of motorised unit at the development stage.

There’s an easy fix for that. Remove the motor, drive shafts and gears, then you’ll have a dummy unit. 

• Agree 10

Not to repeat myself, but if you can afford to spend £1k on a 12 car set + loco to pull them, you should really think about getting a better transformer for the controller, I find it hard to believe any with a layout big enough is running it all off a Hornby select 

• Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be one of those people but,

is there any update to which liveries will be done? Or when you might be announcing which ones your doing? Still hoping for a northern one!

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, XChris said:

I hate to be one of those people but,

is there any update to which liveries will be done? Or when you might be announcing which ones your doing? Still hoping for a northern one!

The liveries will come when we open the order book, which won't be for a few weeks yet.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Just wondering about the plans for the pantograph for the 320/321 model... I just re-read the press release today and it says "working deployable (though not conducting) pantograph." Will this be a DCC motorised pan that can be raised / lowered remotely similar to the Bachmann 90 and Accurascale 92?

Looking forward to more project updates on this 😀 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, VXDH92 said:

Just wondering about the plans for the pantograph for the 320/321 model... I just re-read the press release today and it says "working deployable (though not conducting) pantograph." Will this be a DCC motorised pan that can be raised / lowered remotely similar to the Bachmann 90 and Accurascale 92?

Looking forward to more project updates on this 😀 

HI there,

Yes, that is the plan, but it may be that the remotely deployable pantograph isn't fitted to all models.

We will decide on the spec of each variant before they go up for pre-order of course.

cheers

Ben A,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

HI there,

Yes, that is the plan, but it may be that the remotely deployable pantograph isn't fitted to all models.

We will decide on the spec of each variant before they go up for pre-order of course.

cheers

Ben A,

Thanks Ben, that sounds great. I imagine it'll be hard to fully hide the motorised mechanism behind the windows but I think the compromise is worth it (in my view at least, because a DCC motorised pan is my preference). Might be possible to do some "fake" seating in that area... I think Bachmann did something like that on their 150 DMU which didn't look too bad if I recall correctly. 

When you say that the motorised pan may not be fitted to all models, would it be the case that it'll be on all DCC fitted models but possibly left off of the DCC Ready versions?

Posted (edited)

Personally I don't like motorised pantograph, they seem to have very limited uses if its not a bi mode but take away alot of realism on the model, but most people seem to disagree 

Edited by Northerngirl
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if the Dusty Bin liveries will be on show at DEMU Showcase on 15th and 16th June at Sutton Coldfield Town Hall?

I don't know if they will be announced but do come along and see the fantastic models RevolutioN will have on display. 

FlyerdraftfrontforUpdate.png.816640d7de3dbeca444fdcf6e611bcfe.png

• Like 1

On 31/05/2024 at 14:12, Clive Mortimore said:

I wonder if the Dusty Bin liveries will be on show at DEMU Showcase on 15th and 16th June at Sutton Coldfield Town Hall?

I don't know if they will be announced but do come along and see the fantastic models RevolutioN will have on display. 

FlyerdraftfrontforUpdate.png.816640d7de3dbeca444fdcf6e611bcfe.png

I’m getting strong feelings of déjà vu.