Revolution announce 320/321 in 00

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Superb news . I had been hoping for 313/314 but the Revolution guys told me someone else had been measuring it up . You can understand why they don’t want to go head to head, although whoever it is is taking a damn long time to announce and I suspect may have gone off idea . Anyhoo, you can see then that a 320/321 is the next best thing and I’ll almost certainly be signing up for at least one and possibly more depending on the liveries .

Well done to the Revolution team ! 

• Like 1

This is a great announcement. One that I saw was being demanded for on all corners of the internet, and I'm very glad Revolution have taken it up. Just hope Bachmann don't pull a blinder now 👀🤣

Now, if they could follow suit with the Peps, I'd happily snap a couple of Merseyrail ones up 😉

Link to website article if the Facebook link above doesn't work https://revolutiontrains.com/revolution-upscales-to-offer-320-321-in-00/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

This is sure to be a very welcome addition to the RTR armoury; I openly declare a fondness for this family of York-built trains, the Class 321 new build being the first project that I worked on upon joining the Railway in 1988. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Great announcement, I can see those being really popular! I don't want to speak too soon, but it does feel like maybe MUs are being seen as possibly more viable in OO than they have been?

Who knows, but we can hope as there are a wealth of ones yet to be touched 🤞

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Just thinking about another project -

How different are they to a 322?

According to Wiki the 322 had a larger first class area in the DTCO which led to different window arrangement. Other than that they sound the same as the 321.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic news. I have been wanting someone to do one for a very long time. Long lifespan lots of liveries and large geographical area. These will sell like hot cakes. Which 320 livery to go for maybe all 3. The estimated price seems very reasonable.  

Of the three types of EMU I currently drive these are my favourite. 

images.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, darrel said:

Fantastic news. I have been wanting someone to do one for a very long time. Long lifespan lots of liveries and large geographical area. These will sell like hot cakes. Which 320 livery to go for maybe all 3. The estimated price seems very reasonable.  

Of the three types of EMU I currently drive these are my favourite. 

images.jpeg

Deeply jealous you actually drive these trains ! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

We’ll confirm pricing and liveries once we open the order book in due course. 

cheers

Ben A. 

I don’t suppose the idea will get any traction (no pun intended) but I’d be interested in a non powered 3 or 4 car EMU for my ROG 37s to haul about. Not necessarily a 321 but anything they have moved about.

Or just the relevant barrier coaches would be nice! 😊 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All I can say about the 321s is to make sure the brake discs are secure on the wheel cheek....

Other than that a very good EMU class and very reliable back then anyway. Hope a Silverlink Livery version is planned...

Kind regards,

I think Wednesford just moved south of Birmingham... fantastic news and alongside the Dapol 323 will make anywhere between Northampton and New Street fair game for a model!

Those of us who like our units are being spoilt, Mr Ambassador.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Many congratulations to Ben and Revolution on this announcement!

Within the Results of The 00 Wishlist Pollthe class had been Middle Polling for some time but went up to High Polling in 2019 and stayed there for 2022 (the last Poll to run before we run again near Christmas this year, and we didn't run in 2020 or 2021).

We wish the company every success with this project!👍

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

According to Wiki the 322 had a larger first class area in the DTCO which led to different window arrangement. Other than that they sound the same as the 321.

Didn't some Dusty Bins have a slightly different window arrangement in one of their driving cars as well? 

Following being banished to the wrong side of that wall and their repatriation to the GE lines and before the Stanstead sets got new seating to make them 321s they ran with 321s. It was always worth sussing them out as the seating was far more comfortable after a days work on the trip home from London.

Railway seat design has a team of experts making them as comfortable as possible...........they must have had a very bad off day when the designed the seats in the 321s. I use to catch the second or third train waiting to head off to Chlemsford from the Street, so I could get a seat. This became more important when the 312s and 305s had been replaced. Only the seat on the window side, either the three seat bench or the two seat was wide enough for a human to sit on and then only a few lined up with a window.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

The early 321/3s are different (small and medium windows behind the DTCO cab) to the later 321/3s and /4s.  Our model's starting point is the 321/4 which has two medium sized windows behind the DTSO (same as both DTSO on a 320 and 321/9) and a small and large window behind the cab on the DTCO.

The 322s were unique in having a medium then small window on the DTCO (ie opposite way round to a 321/3).

As a minimum there will be NSE, LM, Saltire and SPT orange liveries.  We hope to be able to offer more!

Cheers Mike

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

22 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

The early 321/3s are different (small and medium windows behind the DTCO cab) to the later 321/3s and /4s.  Our model's starting point is the 321/4 which has two medium sized windows behind the DTSO (same as both DTSO on a 320 and 321/9) and a small and large window behind the cab on the DTCO.

The 322s were unique in having a medium then small window on the DTCO (ie opposite way round to a 321/3).

As a minimum there will be NSE, LM, Saltire and SPT orange liveries.  We hope to be able to offer more!

Cheers Mike

... and Silverlink, of course ***pretty please***!!! 😜

• Agree 1