Andy goes to Canada

rapidoandy

16 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

Obviously I shall be calling in to the Canadian office, hopefully watching some passing trains

Unavoidable. When I visited a few years ago, the place emptied every time they heard a train passing behind the offices.

Photo14.JPG

• Like 9
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Excellent, also hope to see you at the show.

Don’t let Jason talk you into sending any spare money back to Canada to buy buses !

Tom

• Like 2

Hey Andy, looking forward to seeing you and Mark at the show.  I will be travelling from Montreal with my 0 gauge layout.  Hope you amaze and announce something for 0 gauge.

John

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well I’m off!

IMG_1841.jpeg.d13e283925dcabbc609661699512c256.jpeg

Honestly I have a bit of a dislike of flying. @RapidoCorbs has pointed out that I’m currently travelling at four times Mallard speed - which I’m not sure helps. I’m fairly certain the team are tracking my departure so they know I have actually gone…

…next stop Canada.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

The team are working hard while I’m away - there is so much cool stuff going on that we have yet to tell you about and I’m even hoping I will arrive back to some samples of yet un-announced projects. The team are under strict instructions not to start anything new in my absence 🤣.

The real question is, how wild are the team when you're not in the country Andy?

Looking forward to the unexpected Rapido announcement of a GER A55 Decapod this weekend now that the kids are home alone.... 🤣

• Funny 4

Well last night I was treated to a trip to Mohan’s club - the Scarborough Model Railroaders. Amazing place with two mind blowing layouts - one N and one HO.

I couldn’t resist taking a wee something for a play….

IMG_1949.jpeg.428e894c45a4fc3381eef4e51d3d0671.jpeg

Todays job -  set up for a show!

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Someone care to explain the 7mm Titfield....

Oh, don't all start speculating, they're just teasing us. There's an obvious reference to a Class 58 on the whiteboard too!

• Funny 1

From Geoff Dowling on Flickr, a dog food train begging to be modelled…

A class 20 with Pedigree (91/06/23)

… though there are plenty of other prototypes to consider. 

I’m no expert on dog breeds but Ernie looks a bit like an Eastfield. 

• Like 4

Wish I was back in Ontario. 

Visited the show once (which was excellent) before I got banished to the rock in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy, Mohan and Mark had lots of production models, decorated samples, and EPs on display. 

Well worth a visit if you are in range.
I will definitely keep the preorders I already have in place and may have to add 1 or 2 !

The rest of the show was good too. Thank you to the Platelayers for organizing it again.

Tom

• Like 1

Well the show was fantastic - I hardly stopped all weekend and only took about 3 photos!

IMG_2058.jpeg.0f19f7664614be83321aeeac70891e3a.jpeg

I was treated to a trip downtown after the show. A ride on the subway and a visit to the roundhouse to see a steam loco - followed by beer and dinner in the Steam Whistle Brewery.

IMG_2138.jpeg.41d3db9dc334b944f766232a262e7df9.jpeg

Canada - it has been fantastic and I can’t wait to be back. Now on to the US.

Happy modelling!

• Like 9

On 25/04/2024 at 01:29, Nova Scotian said:

Brampton a bit far for me to just pop across... roughly 1100 miles.

Enjoy your time. Welcome to Canada.

As it happens I went through Brampton yesterday - on my way to Abbots Ripton of all places, to pick up a lawn mower.

That's the one near Huntingdon.

I've always thought Brampton Town Station would make an interesting model - the original horse-worked version on the Earl of Carlisle's Waggonway, later reopened as a steam worked operation once the NER took it over (closed 1923).  Good place to run those chauldron wagons.

https://jbarchive.co.uk/products/cu-631-brampton-town-railway-station-cumberland-cumbria

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattR said:

Excellent! Where in the U.S. will you be visiting?

This bit is family holiday time. My rather forgiving wife (who lets me play trains quite a bit) and kids (and let’s face it me) have been looking forward to seeing a certain mouse…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

This bit is family holiday time. My rather forgiving wife (who lets me play trains quite a bit) and kids (and let’s face it me) have been looking forward to seeing a certain mouse…

Danger?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2