RMweb

Leamington and Warwick exhibition 16/17 January 2010

Weskie

35th Leamington & Warwick Model Railway Exhibition.

16th & 17th January 2010

Hall 1 Stoneleigh Park Exhibition & Conference Centre.

Our new website is now running with much improved details of the event.

We are still developing the remainder of the site but the exhibition menu pages are fully up-to-date and maintained.

Please visit http://www.lwmrs.co.uk

Hope some of you can come along.

• 1 month later...

Just received this from our publicity team.

Just a quick note with last minute update.

We now have DEMU attending with a stand which now makes a total of 73 stands for this years event.

The 40 page A4 free programme is now completed and printed.

Don't forget that there is plenty of free parking which has been arranged with Stoneleigh to be close to the hall.

Also we have secured Strollers Restaurant for public refreshments.

This is adjacent to the hall with access direct from the event hall.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep meaning to visit the show at the new venue although this year it clashes with St Albans, which I intend to get to dependent on the snow.

With another load of snow expected this weekend I just hope that it does not cause anymore shows to get cancelled next weekend, as I know how much effort goes into putting on an exhibition.

David

Hi All.

Just received the latest news from our exhibition team as follows:-

" Exhibition update:

This years event is going ahead as planned.

The access roads around the venue are currently clear.

Stoneleigh Park are equipped with gritting facilities and snow moving equipment so movement around the site is not a problem.

Visitor parking is on hard standing.

Please see our website www.lwmrs.co.uk for the most up to date news."

Look forward to seeing you all there next weekend.

Stoneleigh site map_parking_ver2.pdf

The problem of snow is not just related to the venue, it depends if layouts, trade and visitors can get out and travel, looking at the forcast it looks grim for Sunday and Monday but getting better in the week, so fingers crossed that things will be ok.

Just a thought did the show clash with St Albans in previous years?

David

David

I think this is the first clash in a long time, possibly due to the show moving forward one week. It's an excellent venue, and it'll be interesting to see how it develops into a more general exhibition site, rather than merely hosting the Royal Show / Townie & Country fair. It's a pity the transport links aren't very good, and they decided to evict the Echills Wood Railway.

I'll be taking "Selah (Fruit Row)" to it's last booked outing....:

post-6819-12630566185322_thumb.jpg

David

I think this is the first clash in a long time, possibly due to the show moving forward one week.

Not as far as I know. we've always had our show on the 3rd weekend in January.

Weather St Albans has gone back a week?

We took 'Clarendon' in 2008 which was on the 12/13th being the 2nd weekend.

• RMweb Gold

David

The CMRA show at St Albans now moves between the 2nd and 3rd weekend in January. The agreement with the venue is that it is held on the first weekend in which the Saturday's date is in double figures. This is so that the venue can provide a consistant number of performances year on year for any post Christmas production, such as a pantomime.

In 2009 January's 2nd weekend's dates were the 10/11 and so it was held then. This year the 2nd weekend's dates are the 9/10 and so the exhibition has moved to the 3rd weekend. It will be on the 3rd weekend again for 2011 but will revert to the 2nd in 2012 as the dates will be the 14/15.

Hope this helps.

Another update for our exhibition.

Well very last minute but we are very pleased to have Pendon Museum now attending our show.

Look forward to seeing them and everyone else exhibiting.

As of this moment all exhibitors are still coming along.

As you can imagine we are allkeeping our fingers crossed.

• RMweb Gold

Another update for our exhibition.

Well very last minute but we are very pleased to have Pendon Museum now attending our show.

Look forward to seeing them and everyone else exhibiting.

As of this moment all exhibitors are still coming along.

As you can imagine we are allkeeping our fingers crossed.

Very much looking forward to it.

Latest update for the show this weekend:

It's been thawing well today, all the main roads are clear.

Unfortunately Bill Bedford and Model Masters have both had to pull out of attending.

We will be glad to see everyone else over the weekend :)

There's some seriously impressive stuff there and it's catering for all tastes, from Playmobil to serious finescale. (and speaking of catering, it's better and less cost than my own University and an ocean away from the NEC) I went for layouts with shunting and 'operation' rather than running trains in circles. The D-Day layout, Overlord, was seriously impressive. I stood for some time in front of Flockburgh, Amlwch and Blakston Junction, simply because I wanted to nick ideas (thanks to all). Another one that's seriously good is Alston, although 2mm is a little small for me. The trader that got me most interested was Finishing Touches/Saxondale, who had some interesting tools and ideas.

The NAC is a country situation, but a little stretched for Public Transport. But free undercover parking, six quid entrance including the show guide and room to breathe made for a very pleasurable day.

• RMweb Gold

Just got back from the show. Thoroughly enjoyable with a good mix of layouts, trade and catering. The hall is much better than last year with good lighting and the aisles are nice and wide making it easy to get around. Parking was easy, indoors in the 'cattle sheds' Even a free program on entry. Well done to the Leamington and Warwick club. Well worth a visit.

Archived