New items at Telford

Allegheny1600

Did Parkside have the LNER rivetted 21 ton hopper available?

Paul Bartlett

Yes, I bought a couple to go with my welded ones.

Made up model on display looked nice, it has the single sided clasp brakes and high hand brake lever too.

I haven't seen it mentioned here but Easy Build had a pre-production 121/122 bubble car on display with a driving trailer to follow. From what they said a three car 116/117/118 should be fairly easy after that.

Hi Carl,

David Parkins recently posted on another forum that he is doing the 26/27/33 BRC&W trio plus parts for converting/detailing the Lima 33 plus a number of unspecified wagons, including some pre-nationalisation ones - watch his website in a few months time was his parting message.

regards

Mike

Yes I enjoyed Telford very much too - the Heljan Deltic does look very very nice although now looking at the photo on this thread to me the 2 front windscreens look a fraction out? - if so hopefully this can be corrected - it looks like the glass area should be a fraction bigger - especially at the ends. I spoke to the Heljan guy too - there were quite a few votes for a Class 31 as the next project although I would be more than happy with a 40 or 45/46. The next project may take a little time to come out apparently what with Classes 33,26 & 55 to sell. Personally I've been waiting for the Class 55 for what seems like ages - I see it is modelled incidentally with sand box fillers in place which dates it to pre1976/77 of so. If you want to model a white window version then it'll be time to get the file out! I also spoke to LHLoveless&Co and was told it was likely they will be bringing out a production version D9000-D9021 / 55001-55022 probably in about a year's time - now that would be nice - time to save up now! I think that will be great if Heljan produce a centre headcode Class 37 - it surely can't be too difficult as the original tooling has been done - I would certainly buy one! All I can say is full marks to Heljan for these O guage diesels - they look very good, run superb and pull impressively.

Yep, the Heljan Deltic looked very well. I can see me getting one of those and converting it to the prototype... :rolleyes:

On other diesel-related news, Steve Beattie assured me the new version of his LMS Bo-Bo 10800 kit would be available by Christmas, which I'm really looking forward to arriving; I've had mine on order since it was first announced.

And for those of us who model the Southern, the really big news was CRT's GBL kit. Barring a couple of minor detail niggles (wrong buffers, incorrect gangway, incomplete brakegear) it looks to be a beauty. It deserves to be very popular and I can see I'll have to get a couple on the go.

A good day, it was just a shame that I didn't see all of the show, or even manage to meet up with you guys... :(

Steph

• RMweb Gold

First time at Telford for me but I was well impressed with it all. I did like the look of the Deltic and it will certainly work out far cheaper than a kit built one or Loveless one. OK I realise there may be some difference in quality but for me it looks right. I too would love them to do a 31 as it will stop me from having to do a kit.laugh.gif I am practicing soldering and kit building so I can eventually tackle a MMP 31 when David re-releases them.

On a different note I did see some very nice A4's on a stand by someone called Kemilway Models. They were very well priced and an offer for one with smoke and sound for just over £1300 seemed very reasonable. Not sure how good they are, they looked good to me but that doesn't mean much. Has anyone heard of them or seen their models? I was wondering how they compared to the Loveless models or others out there. I see they are built in Korea or somewhere but that can mean anything I suppose.

Chris

JLTRT had his latest wagon for sale at the show, the TTA. I was building one on the end of their table. It is finished all bar some brake gear safety loops. It's heavy being solid resin but is very free running. Went together well. He also does the shorter walkway and both styles in vac or air brakes.

Forgot to say that I have put Slaters buffers on this. The kit ones are a short Oleo whereas these are long ones.

post-6766-042548200 1283888101_thumb.jpg

post-6766-007516700 1283888104_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On a different note I did see some very nice A4's on a stand by someone called Kemilway Models. They were very well priced and an offer for one with smoke and sound for just over £1300 seemed very reasonable. Not sure how good they are, they looked good to me but that doesn't mean much. Has anyone heard of them or seen their models? I was wondering how they compared to the Loveless models or others out there. I see they are built in Korea or somewhere but that can mean anything I suppose.

Chris

They are Sunset A4's Korean built, American marketed, this is the last of the batch, spoke to a guy who had paid £1000 for one, they are not bad but the motor draws a lot of amps I am told.

It will be interesting to see how Tower overcome the 2 battery grills on their green Deltic, its ok taking a knife to a £80 OO gauge model but scary at £425.00

John

Archived