Adventures in code 55

Gloucester Road

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Gloucester Road said:

After a few hours working in the veg patch, he took a break

IMG_20220218_135541864_HDR.jpg.dca02eef5d985e7d6f34932b655f7f6f.jpg

After a few too many the night before, he awoke the following morning in the allotments.....

• Round of applause 1

Need some help. I have some Taylor Precision models TPWS grids that i found in a drawer, the fret look like this. The instructions say to fold in a zig zag fasion, which i assume to mean there is 6 grids on this fret, 4 smaller ones and 2 larger ones.

2103006351_Screenshot(280).png.df48fd00cc6edfdaf7ef46d850eb985a.png

Next having done some reading these could be placed before a signal, looks like 2 are needed for the 1 arming loop and 1 for trigger loop (the overspeed sensor) and then one right before the signal as the train stop sensor?   So I could use 2 smaller ones as the OSS and lager one as TSS. Am I understanding correctly?

• RMweb Premium
On 24/02/2022 at 01:41, Gloucester Road said:

Next having done some reading these could be placed before a signal, looks like 2 are needed for the 1 arming loop and 1 for trigger loop (the overspeed sensor) and then one right before the signal as the train stop sensor?   So I could use 2 smaller ones as the OSS and lager one as TSS. Am I understanding correctly?

These are photos from Didcot on the GWML, taken some years ago now. This one shows the down main with the platform behind us. There is a banner repeater on the platform, and there are two grids here well before the signal

66158_3.jpg.1b1d9ea09f913914f33ee0aff083ee2f.jpg

Then looking in the same direction but from the other side of the tracks, you can see the signal the grids are for on the left just before the bridge

66085b.JPG.ab1d5af4a586854bc2d88e622490d0d4.JPG

The grids that are by the signals themselves are shown in this shot of the relief lines, but at the other end of the station. Note also that

the up relief has a SPAD indicator beyond the actual signal.

43151_2.JPG.c687b610a1ebcc83da274d64c4b5dd03.JPG

Hope that helps.....

Dave

Edited by Davexoc
Photo restored
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, jonhinds said:

Love these shots of the layout, especially the EWS 66.

Apologies if covered elsewhere in the thread, but do you use focus stacking in your photos?

Thank you very much.

Yes, I use Photoshop to focus stack. In the last photo above the focus is off slightly, just above the window. Think the camera likely moved.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...