Adventures in code 55

Gloucester Road

Family is visiting from the UK so had to have a clean up of the "train room" so that it could be a guest room.  Have been intending to utiise the space under Glouceter Road in this manner, but now had good reason. ON the floor is my sons US shunting layout, above it is my one, above that are several dioramas and above that the main layout. To the left are all my supplies. Not pictured are my desk which when all the stuff is put away makes a nice writting, work space.

IMG_20220626_130201234_HDR.thumb.jpg.e120a6174ff1f51dd6c48970da2743a6.jpg

Edited by Gloucester Road
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like the way your layout has evolved have watched it for a long time and you have never disapointed with your news of what is happening .The weathering is very realistic and the wagons etc look good even if some are overloaded! Thanks again

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A Lenz silver mini arrived and was gently placed in 67027, chosen because the lights had already failed.  Low and behold after gently applying power it worked.  Spent yesterday running into all the sidings and track and it all works; im chuffed.  The speed control is phenomenal, wish I had done this years ago now, playing trains is much more fun. Have since placed the chip in 47581 and played around with CVs to control braking, momentum and dimmed the lights, and assigned a loco address other than 3!. A few more chips have been ordered as well as items to do DCC sound on a 68 and 50 so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1