Adventures in code 55

Gloucester Road

Sometimes electricity baffles me.

Last night my NSE class 101 with DCC sound started running poorly and then appeared to suffer a short and stopped running. Looked it over couldnt find a short but let it rest overnight. This morning still not working, reprogrammed the chip, nothing, but a blanking chip in and it worked on DC. Phew.  Then put a non sound chip in, nothing.  Went and did some work. Came back put sound chip back in, reprogrammed it and presto, off it goes like nothing was wrong. No idea what the issue was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent. I’m progressing my diesel shed, btw. Card modelling sure can be fiddly! I have a bit of Redutex corrugated roofing coming, so I might have a look at that on it - to be decided. 

Your photos have been very useful. Thank you for reposting them. I may use the scale scenes goods shed as the basis for my goods shed. 

Edited by Andy_C
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 30/04/2023 at 21:29, Gloucester Road said:

DRS class 57 was in charge of the nuclear movement today

nuclear1.jpg.30eddec5b7ce0540a223fa2e75194d59.jpg

Have you replaced the roof  grilles on that 57? Looks aweseome! I'd like to do mine on the Dapol 50s where I think the moulded ones look awful. Have always enjoyed this thread, great to see it continuing!

• Like 1