Adventures in code 55

Gloucester Road

Interesting to me how different parts of the hobby hold my attention sometimes.

Now that Gloucester Road is largly complete I find myself drawn to various other aspects of what makes this a great hobby. I enjoy all aspects of it, design, building, completion(?), operating; then photographing it, improving my skills by building dioramas (now at 5),photographing those, then conversion to dcc and sound (so much to learn), learning basic weathering . Learning aspects of the real locations and how the 1:1 railways work.  So many things to learn and enjoy.

At the moment I am enjoying painting N scale 3d printed figures from Modelu and Finescale figures (16 painted so far). What is even more fun is the character that comes with these figures; with the addition of Tacky wax these can be moved around and take on a life of their own.

What a great hobby this is

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Gloucester Road said:

At the moment I am enjoying painting N scale 3d printed figures from Modelu and Finescale figures (16 painted so far). What is even more fun is the character that comes with these figures; with the addition of Tacky wax these can be moved around and take on a life of their own.

What a great hobby this is

Not really heard of Tacky wax before but I like the idea of being able to reposition figures etc in to different scenes or cameos, does the wax leave any staining or residue behind, please ?

As ever, your photos are superb quality.

Regards,

Ian.

7 hours ago, 03060 said:

Not really heard of Tacky wax before but I like the idea of being able to reposition figures etc in to different scenes or cameos, does the wax leave any staining or residue behind, please ?

As ever, your photos are superb quality.

Regards,

Ian.

Thank you

1040749783_Screenshot(390).png.8577c1e6a479e3d7e3d8e74cfa8c3910.png

No, leaves no reidue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...