Wycrail Exhibition - 6th November - High Wycombe

Graham_Muz

Er... what is the precise allocation of free cakes to exhibitors?.... ;) :P

Sorry, Cap'n - but the Wycrail Exhibition Committee don't understand the meaning of this word 'free'!!

However....if you can convince us of the value of donating cakes to certain 'select' exhibitors, you MAY get a surprise.

Please note that I do mean 'select' and I do mean "MAY"!!

I hope you enjoy your day with us.

• RMweb Gold

Well, 'through running' between Bleakhouse Road and Combwich should have gotten one stage further now, with the completion of the 'Transfer Cassette'...! - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/21/entry-5064-the-bleakhouse-road-combwich-transfer-cassette-cardboard-rules-ok/

It always happens just before a show; marching out of the garage with a K1yhaven sized coffin on my shoulder I'll always have a local pooch-walker stop and wonder what the hell I'm up to. Well it's the last time; no more!

Wycrail on Saturday will be K1yhaven's last outing before meeting the demolition ball from the sky to be cannibalised of a few bits for K2yhaven. A quick dust-off and shake-down and we should be ready for business.

End_of_the_Line.jpg

So; I wonder who's going to be unlucky enough to find they're exhibiting next to seagulls turned up to 11 and a manky bag of seaweed under the table?

K2yhaven will look more like an operating trolley being wheeled out of the garage; that'll worry them. :)

It always happens just before a show; marching out of the garage with a K1yhaven sized coffin on my shoulder I'll always have a local pooch-walker stop and wonder what the hell I'm up to. Well it's the last time; no more!

Wycrail on Saturday will be K1yhaven's last outing before meeting the demolition ball from the sky to be cannibalised of a few bits for K2yhaven. A quick dust-off and shake-down and we should be ready for business.

post-1-026449200 1288808264_thumb.jpg

So; I wonder who's going to be unlucky enough to find they're exhibiting next to seagulls turned up to 11 and a manky bag of seaweed under the table?

K2yhaven will look more like an operating trolley being wheeled out of the garage; that'll worry them. :)

Andy, your sea gull sounds will help the harbour end of my trainset, might pass on the seaweed though!

I thought this was supposed to be a Model Railway Exhibition, not a catering show! First it was the 'Cakes' and now the 'Seaweed'!!

OK! So I'll cancel the order from the local Chinese Take Away now as well.

Enjoy the show!

Below is the situation on chiltern railways on saturday taken from there website aparantley this was updated on 1st january 1970 is the doctor at BR HQ taken from there website.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/changes

• Passengers travelling to/from London Marylebone to/from Birmingham Snow Hill and stations to Banbury are advised to travel with Chiltern Railways diverted services to Oxford, for connections to London Paddington with First Great Western services. Valid Chiltern Railways tickets accepted on First Great Western services in both directions between Banbury, Oxford and London Paddington.
  • Revised services in both directions between Stratford-upon-Avon and Leamington Spa.
  • Passengers travelling to/from London Marylebone to/from Bicester North and Haddenham & Thame Parkway are advised to travel on the bus replacement to Aylesbury, for connecting Chiltern Railways services to London Marylebone.
  • Bus replacement in both directions between Banbury, Bicester North, Haddenham & Thame Parkway, Princes Risborough, Saunderton, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross, Denham and West Ruislip.
  • Bus replacement in both directions between Princes Risborough, Monks Risborough, Little Kimble and Aylesbury.
  • Passengers travelling to/from London Marylebone to/from Beaconsfield and stations to/from Denham are advised to travel to West Ruislip, for connecting services to Marylebone London Underground station via Oxford Circus.
  • Passengers travelling to/from London Marylebone to/from High Wycombe are advised to travel on the bus replacement to Amersham London Underground station, for connecting Chiltern Railways services to London Marylebone

post-1-026449200 1288808264_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Great, having done a show on Friday night, I have to put up with Seagulls on Saturday! :P

Just don't leave me with the controller while you have lunch Andy, like you did at the Trains4U open day! :D

Simon

:D

Hi,

Great, having done a show on Friday night, I have to put up with Seagulls on Saturday! :P

Just don't leave me with the controller while you have lunch Andy, like you did at the Trains4U open day! :D

Simon

You might have seagulls but I will have a noisy EMU :D

See you tomorrow evening/Saturday.

Xerces Fobe

• RMweb Gold

Below is the situation on chiltern railways on saturday taken from there website aparantley this was updated on 1st january 1970 is the doctor at BR HQ taken from there website.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/changes

Thanks for posting this - I'd checked TRUST for Saturday 06th November and all trains are shown running normally, but a quick perusal of the Chiltern Railways website indicates the actual bus replacement timetable!

It is possible to get to HW from Marylebone on Friday evening, however, as Re6/6 is coming this way, albeit with a slight reduction in the number of trains running, most of which seem to be terminating at HW.

No problem Captin K I had being waiting a age since national rail said no trains from princes risenbrough to high wycombe for this weekend but I believe Chiltern raiwlays and W&S are being have issues with weekend timetables. I be getting a bus to Thame parkway then coach down to High Wycombe I wonder if the buse will meet the coach instead of the train.

• RMweb Premium

and a manky bag of seaweed under the table?

What about replicating the outfall down the beach a bit Andy?

Seriously, have fun this weekend, then let us know how the new incarnation of Keyhaven is progressing. Sorry I won't be there as it's too far South, and I'm still not up to walking any great distances.

Don't forget to take a camera, and try to get some time to use it, so that those of us who can't get there can see just what we've missed.

No problem Captin K I had being waiting a age since national rail said no trains from princes risenbrough to high wycombe for this weekend but I believe Chiltern raiwlays and W&S are being have issues with weekend timetables. I be getting a bus to Thame parkway then coach down to High Wycombe I wonder if the buse will meet the coach instead of the train.

Hi Redkiterail

The Free Bus Service to the show runs on the hour from 10.00 am with the return service running hourly on the half hour from 10.30. The last return bus from the show is at 17.10 hours.

Hope this helps.

See you at the show - ENJOY!

The Exhibitors have received an e-mail from HW&DMRC. here is part of the e-mail which states the official position

"You may or may not be aware that there has been an explosion / fire at the John Hampden School this afternoon. The Caretaker’s house has been very seriously damaged and unfortunately, the Caretaker was inside it at the time. From the information we have available, it seems that he is injured and he has been air-lifted to hospital. We obviously wish him well and a speedy recovery. Turning to matters ‘closer to home’, this may or hopefully may not have an impact on our planned activities this weekend, but at this stage we do not know what this will be. Please note that the Exhibition Committee are now in ‘overdrive’ so we ask you politely to refrain from contacting us whilst we sort this out As I said earlier, assume that there is no change to our plans, unless you hear otherwise."

Nigel

TO ALL RMWEBBERS MEMBERS PLANNING TO ATTEND WYCRAIL '10 ON SATURDAY 6TH JULY

INCIDENT AT THE JOHN HAMPDEN GRAMMAR SCHOOL ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON - 4th NOVEMBER

On behalf of the HWDMRS Exhibition Commitee, can I advise all of you that are planning to attend our show on Saturday, that as the school have already announced that they are running to a normal schedule tomorrow, ie. the school is open, it is our intention at this time that Wycrail will go ahead as planned.

Due to the presence of the Emergency Services at the school this afternoon and to the understandable unavailability of the school's management team, we have not as yet been able to confirm for certain that Wycrail is still 'safe'. However with the school declaring that they are 'open for business' tomorrow, we are working to the premise that the 'show will go on'.

Contact with the school authorities will be made tomorrow morning and an update will be issued as soon as we have the news.

We thank you for your patience and we trust that we will see you all at Wycrail '10 on Saturday 6th November.

(Thanks to Nigel for his earlier post)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks also for update. In absence of any further information (although signs are hopeful!), loading of vehicle will commence soon and departure from Kernow Towers will be just after lunch, swinging by Harrapville to collect Sir Brian... ;) (Re6/6 is travelling courtesy of FGW et al!). See you all soon!

• RMweb Premium

The school website shows that the school is open today as normal, so that is very hopeful. All the signs are fairly positive that the show should go on.

Let's all wish the caretaker well, as his well being is the main concern here.

Archived