Wycrail Exhibition - 6th November - High Wycombe

Graham_Muz

I wonder who's going to be unlucky enough to find they're exhibiting next to seagulls turned up to 11 and a manky bag of seaweed under the table?

You can keep those gulls away from my train set. My car is already knee deep in guano having left it parked under a tree outside my house for all of october while in Aus. :angry: I really don't fancy cleaning it off the tracks as well. :(

G.

You can keep those gulls away from my train set. My car is already knee deep in guano having left it parked under a tree outside my house for all of october while in Aus. :angry: I really don't fancy cleaning it off the tracks as well. :(

G.

Grahame I thing you need to try and be more gullible at the Show :rolleyes:

See you there

XF

TO ALL RMWEBBERS MEMBERS PLANNING TO ATTEND WYCRAIL '10 SATURDAY 6TH NOVEMBER

On behalf of the HWDMRS Exhibition Committee, I can now advise all of those of you who are

exhibiting at, trading at or planning to visit WYCRAIL ’10

WYCRAIL ’10 WILL OPEN FOR YOUR PLEASURE AT 10.00am TOMORROW

“THE SHOW GOES ONâ€

After a rather fraught evening of ‘what if’s’, ‘Well, should we…’ etc, we are now pleased to advise that the exhibition can take place as normal and we would be delighted to see as many of you who can make it as possible.

Due to the ongoing Police & Fire investigations, it is possible that parking in the John Hampden School grounds may be restricted tomorrow, however we have alternative parking in a neighbouring school.

There is also parking available in the Sport Centre, opposite the John Hampden school. Please note that the Sports Centre parking is Pay & Display.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you will have seen above in the this thread, it’s worth coming for the cakes alone but it would seem that a certain Mr York may be planning something interesting with some seaweed!!

Oh …… and don’t forget that we also have some spectacular examples of that model railway stuff as well!!

We are looking forward to seeing you at

WYCRAIL ‘10

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for psoting the update here, and best wishes to the caretaker who hopefully is on the mend. I'll be there to put up my old heap bright and breezy first thing tomorrow. The show goes on - toot toot, wack wack!

I've got my reading glasses with me to help with the 3-links B) see you tomorrow Chris :D

• RMweb Gold

As the Chairman of the High Wycombe and District MRS I am of course pleased that he show will be going ahead as planned and I thank the Exhibition committee for there activities and actions in the last 24 hours to calmly establish the situation and confirm that the show can indeed go on. We all at HW&DMRS send our very best wishes to the caretaker and wish him a speedy recovery.

I Look forward to seeing as many RMweb members as possible tomorrow, don't be afraid to make yourselves known and say hello.

As stated above we might have to make some adjustments to car parking due to the access road to one of the parking areas being close to yesterdays incident location so I apologise in advance if you have to park slightly further away than usual, please bear with us the line up at the show should more than make up for any slight inconvenience caused.

See you tomorrow.

please bare with us

I really, really do hope that we won't have to exhibit in a state of undress; what the organisers choose to do is their prerogative. ;) . Messrs Nevard and Kernow get their legs out at the slightest whiff of sunshine as it is.

• RMweb Gold

I really, really do hope that we won't have to exhibit in a state of undress; what the organisers choose to do is their prerogative. ;) . Messrs Nevard and Kernow get their legs out at the slightest whiff of sunshine as it is.

Doh! sorry about the typo, duly corrected now, serves me right for quickly posting between work meetings....

• RMweb Gold

It's just naked ambition, Andy!.... :lol:

Messrs Nevard and Kernow get their legs out at the slightest whiff of sunshine as it is.

oh! that gives me an idea :rolleyes:. How about a Wycrail limited edition wagon to celebrate the coming together of Bleakhouse Road and Combwich...

post-7152-074821200 1288963018_thumb.jpg

The original wording said something else, but since I have to spend all day on Saturday in the same hall as said gentlemen I thought I would refrain!

• RMweb Premium

Great news that the show goes on - so have a great time those exhibiting and attending. And please for those of us who can't attend, lots and lots of photos to drool over (if you need to include the RM Webbers ugly mugs, so be it)

Just to update on the condition of the caretaker....

The parents have today received a letter from the headmaster in which the caretaker's condition is described as "critically ill having suffered severe burns to his face and upper body."

Setting up is well under way for Saturdays show, here are some tasters of the layouts that came in this evening,

post-7152-063162700 1289002725_thumb.jpg

Bleakhouse Road - do you recognize anybody here?

There is a space next to Bleakhouse Road with a label on it saying "Combwich" - this should be filled by the time the show opens at 10:00.

post-7152-049545600 1289002794_thumb.jpg

Oxendale a 25 foot long N gauge layout

post-7152-014158500 1289002850_thumb.jpg

Newham Goods Truro. A favorite of mine - coming from just down the road in Falmouth and also a subject I had planned to model myself.

post-7152-021912900 1289002934_thumb.jpg

Many more fine layouts are due to arrive in the morning, plus the trade support, Hornby and Hornby magazine. Not forgetting the 'Bring and Buy' - there is also some initial signs of cakes arriving rolleyes.gif

post-7152-005191600 1289003052_thumb.jpg

Mike Wild from Hornby Magazine has also come along with his Bay Street 2 layout.

Report on the Caretaker from the local rag:

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/8621320.School_prays_for_caretaker_injured_in_explosion/

Anyway, good show. I was particularly taken by Stoney Lane Depot, particularly how well it ran considering it's DC.

I also was impressed by some of the smaller layouts, and how so much had been fitted into such a plan; and there's me fretting over fitting N onto something I considered small!

Didn't buy anything though - I resisted :)

Excellent show - some outstanding layouts and fairly good cross-section of trade. Nice friendly parking attendants found my car a parking place

very crowded, though, just to be expected from a good show.

I missed out on a programme, did anyone get any photos of the inspirational layout (I didn't spot the name) that was next to Geoff Gamble Books in the Hornby / Dining Hall ?

Top layout for me was Egypt Brewery but there were lots of old favourites.

• RMweb Gold

Another excellent show from the Wycrail team and even my son was suitably impressed - I've never know him stay so long at a show without asking when it was time to leave. Anyway a few pics although they are very much an RMWeb fest so due apologies to the owners/operators of the many other excellent layouts there today.

First a couple of views of Keyhaven (Old - sorry Andy) including a shot of of one of the several 'last departure' moves of a couple of containers presumably loaded with fish. Smashing layout Andy and beautifully toned and lit for us lesser photographic beings.

post-6859-042227800 1289063861_thumb.jpg

post-6859-089638200 1289063894_thumb.jpg

Then a move to the S&DJR where it seemed that two adjacent layouts had finally proved to any doubters that the Somerset Levels weren't (level).

First a view of the maestros with the good Cap'n on our left (wearing a beard as all good old sea dogs should) next the photographer Mr Media (who clearly had decided that cameras were simply not safe to be left in the hands of amateurs like Stationmasters [Retd]).

post-6859-057639200 1289064210_thumb.jpg

Then we have the good Cap'n at the helm at Bleakhouse Road

post-6859-030336800 1289064302_thumb.jpg

And proof that rail links were indeed fully operational as a through train from Combwich arrives at Bleakhouse Road

post-6859-095588300 1289064411_thumb.jpg

After the loco had run-round local operating staff were engaged in re-coupling using what I can only describe as a Shunting Pole technologically far in advance of anything we had when I were a lad

post-6859-089248300 1289064568_thumb.jpg

And so a short journey across the county to the well known settlement of Combwich, where a spot of shunting was taking place

post-6859-077963800 1289064695_thumb.jpg

Later in the day I managed to capture the interesting sight of a through movement between these two layouts - now this is what those cassette thingies have always really been meant for in my view, a bit of proper railway work with a train coming from somewhere and going to somewhere. But clearly the operation is one which needs a bit of care and concentration.

post-6859-022245700 1289064912_thumb.jpg

And here the train stands, waiting to pass through into the bright world of Combwich …..

post-6859-065360800 1289065005_thumb.jpg

…. where Ivo Kernow was waiting to record its arrival

post-6859-051881800 1289065188_thumb.jpg

As did I -

post-6859-046334600 1289065276_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Just got back from Wycrail and what an excellent show it was. Well done to the organisers for bringing together some brilliant layouts.

Think Mike's photo's capture the spirit of day, though I did see the Captain cornered by someone determined to disrupt his shunting manouvers with the Class 14 by asking loads of questions!:lol: Though the Captain managed to keep it together!

It was good to meet Andy. Not many people you can go up to and exclaim-'I can't believe how small it is? Keyhaven that is!:D

As for the festering seaweed in a bag-what ever next? ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Archived